Sponsored

Warn Winch option negates driver assist benefits of the High/Lux package?

Essmith94

Badlands
First Name
Edward
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have read numerous threads about aftermarket bumpers and the issues with the parking sensors, adaptive cruise control, etc. I want to confirm something with the crowd that will guide my build.

Does adding the Warn Winch option negate all of the driver assist benefits of the High/Lux package? Does it block the adaptive cruise control sensors? Does it set off or block the front proximity sensors? I know that it blocks the camera somewhat but if it takes away all of the benefit of the driver assist functions it would seem that it would not be an option to chose if you are set on the Lux package. What am I missing?
Sponsored

BroncoKong Jr.

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

None of the sensors are blocked. The camera, used for the 360 view, is partially blocked.

edit: Inner parking sensors seem to be blocked?

Last edited:

Incognito

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 jk
Your Bronco Model
Base
Why not just move the bumper out a few inches farther?
Mounting the winch behind it, with a stem above the winch hawes to hold the camera?

Or am I being too direct for people desperately looking to overthink things?

Bodge Garage

Badlands
First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Land Rover Discovery, Jeep Gladiator
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Go to ARB's website and look at the bumper options for late model trucks. You will see they have provisions for all factory options. It will all work fine. There will be all sorts of fully functional winch options for a mass produced truck.

_finack

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Lincoln MKZ
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Why not just move the bumper out a few inches farther?
Mounting the winch behind it, with a stem above the winch hawes to hold the camera?
It'll be interesting to see what the Bronco looks like when people (inevitably) start doing this. It'll look different than a jeep because the front of the Jeep isn't like the Bronco. It sits back with the bumper way out front.

Sponsored

chtucker

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
None of the sensors are blocked. The camera, used for the 360 view, is partially blocked.
The adaptive cruise control "might" be ok, I specifically remember seeing the inner parking sensors blocked.... Matter of fact the Filson Bronco was showing proximity sensors in alarm when they were moving it around in Seattle
IMG_2309.jpg

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The adaptive cruise control "might" be ok, I specifically remember seeing the inner parking sensors blocked.... Matter of fact the Filson Bronco was showing proximity sensors in alarm when they were moving it around in Seattle
#smh

BroncoKong Jr.

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford Bronco Warn Winch option negates driver assist benefits of the High/Lux package? IMG_2309
Oh man :oops:

Broncocito

First Name
B
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Tacoma TRD PRO Manual
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Simple fix; remove the head unit of the winch and relocate it on the radiator bracket with some 1/8" steel strap. It is a common mod in the Tacoma forums.

Sponsored

gryphon1231

First Name
dj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
na
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I have read numerous threads about aftermarket bumpers and the issues with the parking sensors, adaptive cruise control, etc. I want to confirm something with the crowd that will guide my build.

Does adding the Warn Winch option negate all of the driver assist benefits of the High/Lux package? Does it block the adaptive cruise control sensors? Does it set off or block the front proximity sensors? I know that it blocks the camera somewhat but if it takes away all of the benefit of the driver assist functions it would seem that it would not be an option to chose if you are set on the Lux package. What am I missing?
Yet another reason to go with an aftermarket bumper/winch combo.

chtucker

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Simple fix; remove the head unit of the winch and relocate it on the radiator bracket with some 1/8" steel strap. It is a common mod in the Tacoma forums.
That does not fix the parking sensor nor does it fix the adaptive CC box.. maybe the camera

Broncocito

First Name
B
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Tacoma TRD PRO Manual
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
If that does not work; as mentioned below go aftermarket and some manufacturers will add sensor hole locations. Just an idea.

OP
OP
Essmith94

Essmith94

Badlands
First Name
Edward
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If that does not work; as mentioned below go aftermarket and some manufacturers will add sensor hole locations. Just an idea.
So back to my original question. It doesn’t make sense to opt for the Lux package and add the Warn Winch option from Ford.
Sponsored