First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 e-tron Sportback, 2021 Bronco Badlands Sas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Forgive me if this is already well known, but I noticed in the catalogue that the winch package for the Bronco is incompatible with the high/lux packages. I was planning on installing a front winch but now I'm a little confused..

Anyone seen any solutions?
Is this going to be a problem for all front mounted winches?

Seems it would really only work with a Black Diamond with mid package or lower.

Ford Bronco Catalogue says Ford (Warn) winch is not compatible with High/Lux packages photo_2021-05-01_14-26-56

(Pg 26, item D)
Sponsored

UncleBuck

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Ranger XLT 4.0L - 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Forgive me if this is already well known, but I noticed in the catalogue that the winch package for the Bronco is incompatible with the high/lux packages. I was planning on installing a front winch but now I'm a little confused..

Anyone seen any solutions?
Is this going to be a problem for all front mounted winches?

Seems it would really only work with a Black Diamond with mid package or lower.

Ford Bronco Catalogue says Ford (Warn) winch is not compatible with High/Lux packages photo_2021-05-01_14-26-56

(Pg 26, item D)
They are only saying that because in the current configuration it blocks the front trail camera. Until they make a trail camera relocation kit, youā€™ll have to rely on aftermarket solutions for a winch...or just block your trail cam.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Theherofails

Theherofails

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 e-tron Sportback, 2021 Bronco Badlands Sas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
...but how are we to recover the stuck Wranglers we encounter in our travels to the mall?

I was more worried about towing the shopping carts out of all the good parking spots at the mall.

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thereā€™s some credence to wonder what they mean by it being incompatible with the ACC.

All the winch mounting brackets weā€™ve seen thus far have been elevated out and above the ACC radar unitā€¦ and the ACC sensor has been the whole argument for why there isnā€™t a more clean winch installation low and inside. (Well, that and the intercooler)

This is the first indication that the winch interferes with the ACC functionality.

Last edited:

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 4dr Badsquatch, ā€˜05 LJ & ā€˜17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This is going to suck if it interferes with the ACC. Its one thing relocating the front camera and potentially reprogramming for the 360 stitching but not theyre saying no go if you have ACC?

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 4dr Badsquatch, ā€˜05 LJ & ā€˜17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Based on the verbiage, Id say a 2022 winch redesign will be done.

Squatch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ford Bronco Catalogue says Ford (Warn) winch is not compatible with High/Lux packages 12NTIBMFq1OcKI

I wish they'd do something like the Tremor's winch setup in the bumper... same company... no interdepartmental communication.

Sponsored

NotaVegetarian

Badlands
First Name
Nota
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1978 Bronco, 1979 Bronco, F250 Super Crew
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
No worries put it on a trailer and drop it off at my shop. Have a plasma cutter can make that winch fit. Recessed into the front will hook to the cable to the front tow hook. Will reroute the camera and can add a nice brush guard. We can work out the cost after design, fabrication, and installation. Can add some additional off-road lighting too. Then can beef up the rear bumper ad some auxiliary lights there too.

Daktari

Badlands
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch, Tacoma TRD Off Road, Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thereā€™s some credence to wonder what they mean by it being incompatible with the ACC.

All the winch mounting brackets weā€™ve seen thus far have been elevated out and above the ACC radar unitā€¦ and the ACC sensor has been the whole argument for why there isnā€™t a more clean winch installation low and inside. (Well, that and the intercooler)

This is the first indication that the winch interferes with the ACC functionality.
maybe the radar has to look up as well as just forward, I could see the winch then being partially in the way making the safety feature no longer safe? But then, what about driving when it's snowing (or having mud up front)? I never had ACC, I guess I'll find out.

For now I won't need a winch and once I do I'm still thinking about adding a front hitch receiver so I can mount my winch front or back. And leave it home the 95+% I'm not gonna need it, since I'll be on roads. But also waiting to see what aftermarket offers. Bottom of my list right now, I won't be dragging my new Bronco over huge rocks anytime soon, but someday maybe. The trail camera will see a lot more use than a winch ever would though, that's for sure.

Thurmy7

Badlands
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suburban, Tacoma, Patriot
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I can live without the perfect front camera view and the 360 view, but unless there's a winch solution for the front that doesn't mess with the ACC I'm going winch-less (always with a wench).

Last edited:

De Brus

First Edition
First Name
De Brus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 HD 1200, '66 IH, '62 VW
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

This is going to suck if it interferes with the ACC. Its one thing relocating the front camera and potentially reprogramming for the 360 stitching but not theyre saying no go if you have ACC?
Reprogramming the 360Ā° camera?? That sounds like a pipe dream lol. Hit that pipe and keep dreaming šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‹
Sponsored