Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yeah that's why I went with the winch plate. The modular bumper is so nice it would be a waste to swap it out. Also, check with JCR's website. I thought they were working on a mod to the winch plate that did not require relocation of the ACC and now its available.
I saw that, it looks like the winch sits in front of the bumper, how far out does it stick? Rough country has a similar one but looks like the plate ends up sitting the winch a little higher so it can sit a little closer to the grill. So hard to tell when all you have is pictures.
Sponsored

B Miller

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have a modular bumper with the lux package as well. Just completed the install. All you need is the camera relocation kit mentioned above. Here's a video review I did a few weeks ago:

Mountains2Metal camera relocation kit: https://mountains2metal.com/BR6FCRL/

CO_Lazy_Hiker

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have a modular bumper with the lux package as well. Just completed the install. All you need is the camera relocation kit mentioned above. Here's a video review I did a few weeks ago:
Too funny, I actually watched your video last night and then went down the rabbit hole of 20 inch light bars with amber backlight. It looks like RC might actually have one now, just not able to be bought with the plate - https://www.roughcountry.com/20-inch-led-light-bar-70920bda.html

How much space do you have behind the winch between the grill? Does it sit fairly tight or is it kind of floating out in front of it? Also have you tried the RC winch yet? Just wondering if you have an opinion on it yet? I do agree with sticking with one brand to not fight fitment, hopefully.

B Miller

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Too funny, I actually watched your video last night and then went down the rabbit hole of 20 inch light bars with amber backlight. It looks like RC might actually have one now, just not able to be bought with the plate - https://www.roughcountry.com/20-inch-led-light-bar-70920bda.html

How much space do you have behind the winch between the grill? Does it sit fairly tight or is it kind of floating out in front of it? Also have you tried the RC winch yet? Just wondering if you have an opinion on it yet? I do agree with sticking with one brand to not fight fitment, hopefully.
I'll check that light bar out. But, I'll give them a call to be sure. That camera relocation kit from Mountain2metal is a few bucks cheaper, so I thought I'd throw the link on the post.

The winch sits right on the grill. Very tight and not floating over the front. In regards to using the winch, I have not and most likely will never use it. But, I did learn the 12,000 pound winch is basically the same weight as the 9600. Just a few hundred cheaper. Kinda wish I pulled the trigger on that.

The video is a bit wishy washy on front end droop. It does drop the front 1/4". All in all I like the mount and is very attractive.

UPDATE: I just spoke with Rough Country on that light. The light will fit, but the amber is only cosmetic. Not made for primary driving in dust/snow. Just FYI

Last edited:

CO_Lazy_Hiker

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'll check that light bar out. But, I'll give them a call to be sure. That camera relocation kit from Mountain2metal is a few bucks cheaper, so I thought I'd throw the link on the post.

The winch sits right on the grill. Very tight and not floating over the front. In regards to using the winch, I have not and most likely will never use it. But, I did learn the 12,000 pound winch is basically the same weight as the 9600. Just a few hundred cheaper. Kinda wish I pulled the trigger on that.

The video is a bit wishy washy on front end droop. It does drop the front 1/4". All in all I like the mount and is very attractive.

UPDATE: I just spoke with Rough Country on that light. The light will fit, but the amber is only cosmetic. Not made for primary driving in dust/snow. Just FYI
Good to know that the amber is really just cosmetic, might still work for my look and feel that I am going for but wont plan on it being usable... I do like too that it sits closer to the grill and for the price, can get the winch and plate for almost the same cost as the JCR which leaves a little room for the camera relocation. I also can pick up some amber fogs for the light pockets in the bumper. Keep it clean

Think it needs a bull bar or something to help tie it together and not have a large winch sitting on top?

Sponsored

B Miller

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Good to know that the amber is really just cosmetic, might still work for my look and feel that I am going for but wont plan on it being usable... I do like too that it sits closer to the grill and for the price, can get the winch and plate for almost the same cost as the JCR which leaves a little room for the camera relocation. I also can pick up some amber fogs for the light pockets in the bumper. Keep it clean

Think it needs a bull bar or something to help tie it together and not have a large winch sitting on top?
The four top bumper mounts are still available on the bumper (left and right of the winch.) I'm trying to find a single 3" POD light mount bracket for those spots.

Another option, is buy the 20" all white bar and add an amber film. Just saying!
Amber Film Kit

Bikeric

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1984 4Runner (For Sale)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I recently replaced my “Capable” bumper, which mounts to the Bronco frame exactly the same way as the Modular bumper. My new winch capable HAVOC bumper came with 1/4” thick steel plates to replace the flimsy stamped steel Ford mounting plates. The JCR kit reuses those flimsy Ford stampings. I wouldn’t trust those pieces to survive the forces from a heavy pull. My 4 cents due to Inflation.
Sponsored