Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler TJ
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Gals and fellas,

I have a completely stock (at the moment, anyway) '21 4-door Badlands with Sasquatch, Lux, and a soft top.

I originally intended to replace the front bumper but the more I watch online the more I think, maybe I'll keep it. It's steel, which is heavy, but it's tough. And it's a big truck anyway. And I can mount fog lights and what-have-you in the little recesses the bumper has. So what the heck.

Obviously, any serious wheeling machine needs a winch so I'm considering a winch to be placed onto the modular bumper. It'll be an American-made Warn for sure. Have one of those on my Jeep.

I've admittedly not done a ton of research on this so flagellate me, if needed, for not searching 'til now. Anyone done this yet? I like the cameras. Don't feel like finding a way to move them around, etc. Can I easily mount a Warn winch on the modular bumper and not mess up the cameras?

Thanks.

-JC
Sponsored

BoMiltenberger

Badlands
First Name
Bo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2.7 BL Lux Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have the ford OEM winch on my lux BL 4 dr. Works great. Iā€™ve heard rumors of people moving the front camera but havenā€™t been successful in finding such threads.

Tilzbow

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GM Sierra Diesel Pick Up
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thereā€™s currently only one option. The Ford Performance winch. Thereā€™s a long thread discussing all your questions and that should come up with a search.

rainman23

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thereā€™s currently only one option. The Ford Performance winch. Thereā€™s a long thread discussing all your questions and that should come up with a search.
It looks like @JcrOffroad is going to have a solution for the mod bumper soon.

Sponsored
OP
OP
JeepersCreepers

JeepersCreepers

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler TJ
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thank you for the gentle scolding, and I hope you enjoyed that. Yes, I read about the Ford performance winch many times in the past. Issue is it interferes with the ACC (Adaptive Cruise Control) as well as the camera, PER THE SPECS FROM THE PAGE ON THAT PRODUCT. Good grief.

Could I please get a slightly elevated reply with less redundant information. Sorry, but this sort of reply is irritating. But thank you for at least responding.

Madman

Badlands
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Raptor, 1948 Willys CJ2A, 2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You can get a relocation kit for the controls box on top of the winch to clear the camera view.....I'm doing a warn elite bumper and will use the controls box relocation kit

OP
OP
JeepersCreepers

JeepersCreepers

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler TJ
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It looks like @JcrOffroad is going to have a solution for the mod bumper soon.
Thanks. That's, by far, the most useful reply yet -- I'll keep waiting.

I really think the market will mature over the next 12-36 months and we should wait for obvious, good solutions. I sort of hate having to keep my Bronco stock but after spending the full purchase price (new) of a Bronco on upgrading my Jeep, I want to do it right the first time.

Losy

Raptor
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gen 1 Raptor, GL63, S7
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I really think the market will mature over the next 12-36 months and we should wait for obvious, good solutions. I sort of hate having to keep my Bronco stock but after spending the full purchase price (new) of a Bronco on upgrading my Jeep, I want to do it right the first time.
Might be stock, but that is a sweet build. Bl, SAS, Lux. Best looking stock 4x4 SUV I can think of. Following your post to see what solutions pop up. And your reply made me laugh my ass off.

Tilzbow

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GM Sierra Diesel Pick Up
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thank you for the gentle scolding, and I hope you enjoyed that. Yes, I read about the Ford performance winch many times in the past. Issue is it interferes with the ACC (Adaptive Cruise Control) as well as the camera, PER THE SPECS FROM THE PAGE ON THAT PRODUCT. Good grief.

Could I please get a slightly elevated reply with less redundant information. Sorry, but this sort of reply is irritating. But thank you for at least responding.
It was a suggestion, not a scolding for crying out loud. Thereā€˜s a ton of information thatā€™s been posted on the subject. Entitled much?

Sponsored
OP
OP
JeepersCreepers

JeepersCreepers

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler TJ
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Might be stock, but that is a sweet build. Bl, SAS, Lux. Best looking stock 4x4 SUV I can think of. Following your post to see what solutions pop up. And your reply made me laugh my ass off.
LOL. Glad you enjoyed it. Thanks for the reply! šŸ‘

OP
OP
JeepersCreepers

JeepersCreepers

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler TJ
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It was a suggestion, not a scolding for crying out loud. Thereā€˜s a ton of information thatā€™s been posted on the subject. Entitled much?
You and I both know where you were coming from on that one. You got a comeuppance. It happens. Own it and move on.

rainman23

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Iā€™m in the same boat. Want to keep the mod bumper and mount a winch. Iā€™m sure someone will figure out how to mount a winch on that bumper and maintain front camera functionality.

Dcdds

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
03 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Rough country has a hidden winch that mounts below the mod bumper.

ManikMonday

First Edition
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 G500
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Last edited: