Blaylock1988

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco, 2004 Volkswagen R32
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
@Blaylock1988 Thanks for posting your thoughts and photos. I also have the LUX package, so will have the same issue with the front camera - have you found a camera relocation kit that could work? Also, how's your Adaptive CC working? with the mount installed? Tnx.
I ordered JCRs camera relocation. I haven't driven much yet since it's a long holiday weekend for me. I need to go into town for some errands tomorrow tho so I'll be sure to test ACC, but I don't anticipate any issues.
Sponsored

WheelMe

Badlands
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands Sasquatch 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Please post your test results here, thanks in advance.

I also checked out JCR's winch mount, but at $699, vs. RC's $209.95, the choice is obvious. I hope that the JCR relocation bracket works well for the RC mount, as that'd be my ideal setup as well.

I've also researched the Ford Performance winch mount, but I'm not certain if any of the sensors are blocked, or even where to order it.

Blaylock1988

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Sorry for the delay. I used ACC on the highway and had 0 issues. So far the only real compromise is you have to source your own camera relocation, but that is preferable over relocating the ACC sensor (I heard that reduces its sensitivity and reliability a lot).

SubmarineNuke

Wildtrak
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twitch.tv
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

the camera was one of my concerns. If the JCR camera relocation matches up perfectly then it's good.

Can you post a pic of your camera view now?

Blaylock1988

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm still waiting for my stuff to ship from JCR. Right now the winch blocks 100% of the camera.

Sponsored

WheelMe

Badlands
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands Sasquatch 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks for the results from your ACC - that's a relief. I'm also curious about the camera relocation - please keep us posted, and thanks, @Blaylock1988.

Merc4x4

Badlands
First Name
steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I remembered I had seen this mount before. They relocate the bumper forward a bunch of inches to mount the winch plate on top.
I had put this off my list b/c I want to keep as much approach angle as possible.

Just came across the ASFIR winch mount.
https://www.asfir.com/winch-mount-599620.html

Ford Bronco Winch Mount | for OEM Steel Front Bumper

Fits only on vehicles with the OEM steel bumpers and 2.7L engines

• Manufactured from 6mm (1/4"") zinc-coated steel.
  • Corrosion-resistant finish.
  • Fits on the OEM bumper without affecting its structure.
  • Mounted on the OEM bumper using factory mounting points only. No drilling is required.
  • Allows the full functionality of a recovery winch with minimal added weight.
  • Engineered to support winches up to 10,000 lbs.
  • Includes all required mounting hardware. Does not include winch lips.
  • ‌Weighs in at 40 kg (88 lbs).
1655403761849.png

1655403780549.png

Merc4x4

Badlands
First Name
steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Any more news/progress on the RC mount install?

Regarding the JCR mount, the slot that the ACC sensor peeks through is pretty short - I wonder if that'd affect the radar's performance? Has anyone had experience with the JCR mount?

I'm leaning towards a Warn winch with control box relocate (Warn Elite bumper website states that a relocation kit is available).
Tor says ACC is working great with his JCR winch plate.
I would prefer the top of the bumper mount like RC for better approach angle.
Also I like keeping the stock recovery hooks. They have a very large opening that looks great for soft shackles.

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/jcroffroad-prototyping-begins.29675/page-38#post-1460726

edit again:
In the thread I linked, JCR says they just got a LUX Bronco in for testing the ACC performance, so they may tweak it soon. If interested, might want to wait to see if they release an updated part.

Last edited:

internationlriders

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just came across the ASFIR winch mount.
https://www.asfir.com/winch-mount-599620.html

Ford Bronco Winch Mount | for OEM Steel Front Bumper

Fits only on vehicles with the OEM steel bumpers and 2.7L engines

• Manufactured from 6mm (1/4"") zinc-coated steel.
  • Corrosion-resistant finish.
  • Fits on the OEM bumper without affecting its structure.
  • Mounted on the OEM bumper using factory mounting points only. No drilling is required.
  • Allows the full functionality of a recovery winch with minimal added weight.
  • Engineered to support winches up to 10,000 lbs.
  • Includes all required mounting hardware. Does not include winch lips.
  • ‌Weighs in at 40 kg (88 lbs).
1655403761849.png

1655403780549.png
I saw this one, but it relocated the bumper 4" out from the front, it's heavy, and it's pricey. All things most of us don't want. Seems like they missed the target on this one.

Merc4x4

Badlands
First Name
steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I saw this one, but it relocated the bumper 4" out from the front, it's heavy, and it's pricey. All things most of us don't want. Seems like they missed the target on this one.
yep. the pics are misleading.

I went with the RC high winch mount. I think it's the best solution out there for clearance and not moving ACC is a big plus.

Sponsored

internationlriders

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
yep. the pics are misleading.

I went with the RC high winch mount. I think it's the best solution out there for clearance and not moving ACC is a big plus.
Yeah I think I'm gonna do the same. Price wise and how high and tucked away it is it just makes sense. What's crazy is that the camera relocation kit costs as much as this winch mount, but what can we do right? As least it's made in USA.

Merc4x4

Badlands
First Name
steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yeah I think I'm gonna do the same. Price wise and how high and tucked away it is it just makes sense. What's crazy is that the camera relocation kit costs as much as this winch mount, but what can we do right? As least it's made in USA.
I used the JCR camera relocation mount.
Mountains to Metal just released one that looks like it doesn't stick up as much. I might try it.
https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/mountains2metal-front-camera-relocation.59682/

I went with the ComeUp Seal Slim 9.5k winch. They have a 12k version, but it weighs more and I don't plan to start a recovery company, so 10k should be adequate.
I also put on the yankum fairlead and removed all the metal from the winch line. No need for those massive steel hook projectiles. The existing loop in the synthetic cable isn't big enough to fit around the yankum fairlead, so for now I'm using one of the hand straps to secure the line.
The battery cable was just barely long enough; I had to trim the plastic cover so I could route the cable parallel to the battery (180*) vs sticking out (90*).

Here's my post with pictures in the High Mount thread. Worth reading the entire thread, lots of good info.
https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...l-w-control-box-relocation.48704/post-1672511

my purchases:

https://ok4wd.com/comeup-seal-gen2-...9639&indexName=magento2_prod_default_products

https://www.jcroffroad.com/product/BR6FCM.html

https://yankum.com/products/winch-hawse-groove-fairlead

BroncoSarge

Badlands
First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 AMB Bronco, 2021 CO Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I did the RC High Winch Mount. Huge install post done with pictures. Personally the price and how it tucked in nicely was why I chose it. After removing decals and relocating the control pack, I couldn’t be happier.

Ford Bronco Modular Bumper Winch Mounts 0FF4ADFD-8D1F-46EA-860A-20C876EDF99C
Sponsored