Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’m not a fan of the single thread culture on this board. I find it extremely difficult to navigate the old threads that are pages long to find the new information.

How are others doing this to where we have such venom against starting redundant but new threads? Are you “watching” the threads and therefore receiving notifications? Perhaps that’s my missing piece.
Sponsored

Tilzbow

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GM Sierra Diesel Pick Up
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You and I both know where you were coming from on that one. You got a comeuppance. It happens. Own it and move on.
There‘s only one person on this thread who knows the intent of my first post and it’s not you. If I was gently scolding you on my first response, it would’ve been obvious. I don’t beat around the bush if I’m going to call someone out so the tone of my response would’ve been completely different but go with whatever makes you feel better.

Seriously, if you put your ego aside there’s a thread a few down from this one that has a ton of information about the Ford winch and you could’ve searched and found that quicker than it would’ve taken to respond to my first post and stir things up.

My opinion of the Ford winch is it’d way too expensive for what you get, plus it creates issues with the camera, parking sensors and apparently does something to air bag sensor. I’m waiting for better options and there’s a couple of other great threads about those that are kept up to date by members as things evolve.

Merry Christmas 🎄

mds5917

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco Badlands, '21 Toyota RAV4 Prime
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Indeed, it can be a pain searching here, but many of the answers for the OP have been recounted numerous times in this main area (Off-roading, overloading, Camping gear - winches...), so it really only required putting in the time or proper searches. Also, while it has been pointed out that there is not a 'current' solution in terms of a hidden winch mount (in order to manage the ACC and camera...), Rough Country did come out with one that you pointed out was for a different bumper. However, featured here, and on their website, and in searches on the web, you can find a person with a MOD bumper who used their mount and slightly modified the existing bash plate to work. There are also threads that discuss that the only factor stopping this from working with a 2.7 is the trans cooling unit and it can be moved, per a Ford engineer who is a member here. The placement is not critical, it was just convenient.

And, if you don't like their winches, you can look at the dimensions and do what I am doing - I purchased a Warn EVO, and will be mounting the control unit remotely allowing it to fit on the RC mounting plate. Whether I use their "soon to be announced" skid plate, or MOD mine or their existing one, I will have the solution I need for a winch I want supporting the LUX features on my Badlands.

If you are not someone who likes these kinds of projects, then you will have to wait a bit. If I were a more patient person, and if I did not have a habit of loving to tear apart and rebuild my toys, I would to, but otherwise, you have options either now or later, and you can find them by searching, bookmarking, and maybe even begging the manufacturers for info like the rest of us.

OP
OP
JeepersCreepers

JeepersCreepers

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler TJ
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Guys... with all due respect:

Although I didn't mention the "Ford Performance Winch" by name in my first post, I clearly stipulated that I was looking for something compatible with the modular bumper, which would not limit OEM functionality such as the cameras.

Second, I mentioned my build in detail to include 2.7L, Badlands, Lux, etc.

Third, I stated that I was aware that there had been discussion on this topic, yet the last discussion had yielded the net result that nothing was really available at that time.

The first response I received (which absolutely WAS snarky) pointed me right back at a product which met precisely none of my desired parameters.

Other responses I received sent me to threads which contained similarly useless information. I was also told about a product I've heard about before from a) a manufacturer I wouldn't buy from who b) makes a product that doesn't fit my Bronco anyway.

Guys, we live in an era in which it seems nobody pays attention. And yes, that frustrates me. I have been accused of being a little short-fused. That's true. I'm tired of being a good source of information when asked, carefully providing good data in good faith, and getting crappy data when I ask very specific questions.

Now to that point, this thread DID contain excellent info, particularly from those who mentioned that basically, nothing is out yet and we have to wait. There was another post about moving components of the winch to provide for ACC functionality. THAT, sirs, is useful information. This back and forth trying to give me grief for being precise is NOT useful.

I strongly urge you to re-think your positions on this matter. (You know who this is aimed towards. It is not aimed at the friendly folks who correctly answered my specific question.)

Thank you, and MERRY CHRISTMAS!

Tortuga353

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Tiguan
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think the challenge is the solutions aren’t out yet to meet your criteria. I know some designers are working on solutions. It is a challenging constraint list that is varied amongst engine and trim levels. Quality manufacturers are looking for the most acceptable design, equitable solution, and with all the other worldly issues it appears not to be quick.

I’m watching to see what develops. I could be wrong but I imagine if someone had the solution we’d be unable to avoid knowing it. If not, I’d be hiring a new marketing guy after Christmas.

Merry Christmas!

Sponsored

mds5917

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco Badlands, '21 Toyota RAV4 Prime
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Guys... with all due respect:

Although I didn't mention the "Ford Performance Winch" by name in my first post, I clearly stipulated that I was looking for something compatible with the modular bumper, which would not limit OEM functionality such as the cameras.

Second, I mentioned my build in detail to include 2.7L, Badlands, Lux, etc.

Third, I stated that I was aware that there had been discussion on this topic, yet the last discussion had yielded the net result that nothing was really available at that time.

The first response I received (which absolutely WAS snarky) pointed me right back at a product which met precisely none of my desired parameters.

Other responses I received sent me to threads which contained similarly useless information. I was also told about a product I've heard about before from a) a manufacturer I wouldn't buy from who b) makes a product that doesn't fit my Bronco anyway.

Guys, we live in an era in which it seems nobody pays attention. And yes, that frustrates me. I have been accused of being a little short-fused. That's true. I'm tired of being a good source of information when asked, carefully providing good data in good faith, and getting crappy data when I ask very specific questions.

Now to that point, this thread DID contain excellent info, particularly from those who mentioned that basically, nothing is out yet and we have to wait. There was another post about moving components of the winch to provide for ACC functionality. THAT, sirs, is useful information. This back and forth trying to give me grief for being precise is NOT useful.

I strongly urge you to re-think your positions on this matter. (You know who this is aimed towards. It is not aimed at the friendly folks who correctly answered my specific question.)

Thank you, and MERRY CHRISTMAS!
I think if you look back at your first post that started this thread you will see that while you note you had a Badlands with Sas, LUX and a soft top, no 2.7 was mentioned. You wanted to know if you could get a winch setup and keep the functions, much like many of us want to do. You also said "I've admittedly not done a ton of research on this so flagellate me, if needed, for not searching 'til now."

So, you got mildly flogged (per your request ;)) and then a number of options that many of us are investigating (and awaiting) were presented. You seem to be upset about hearing about options you've already researched, but how were we to know that since you actually said you had not done the research?

I get that you do not want any other winch than a "US-made Warn" - and since you want to keep your bumper (just like I do) then that pretty much limits the choices. It is going to have to be "low" to keep out of the way of the intercooler, ACC and camera, but you don't likely want to sacrifice much approach angle or clearance. The ONLY thing I have seen that would do this, and yes, it is a 'modified' option, is the RC mount along with the factory skid that one user posted early on. While he is using the RC winch (which neither you nor I want), the 10x4 mounting support gives you options. For me, that is the Warn EVO series (and I get that you don't want that version) but perhaps the other Warns you do want might fit. If they do, you can do the following like me: a) Wait to see if you like what RC is coming out with as a modified skid plate and how that will work. b) wait to see if (when) other manufacturers come out with hidden winch solutions for MOD (probably too long for my patience level) or c) build/mod your own.

You unfortunately have the added wrinkle of needing to move the trans cooler, which I have yet to see anyone post about doing, but it has been stated "can" be done. Maybe the RC kit (or other OEMs) will have an option to do this but in any case, you hopefully still have the option to use the winch of your choice. Merry Christmas. And let's hope we are not saying "Happy Easter" ands still wondering if there is going to be a solution coming...

OP
OP
JeepersCreepers

JeepersCreepers

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler TJ
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think if you look back at your first post that started this thread you will see that while you note you had a Badlands with Sas, LUX and a soft top, no 2.7 was mentioned. You wanted to know if you could get a winch setup and keep the functions, much like many of us want to do. You also said "I've admittedly not done a ton of research on this so flagellate me, if needed, for not searching 'til now."

So, you got mildly flogged (per your request ;)) and then a number of options that many of us are investigating (and awaiting) were presented. You seem to be upset about hearing about options you've already researched, but how were we to know that since you actually said you had not done the research?

I get that you do not want any other winch than a "US-made Warn" - and since you want to keep your bumper (just like I do) then that pretty much limits the choices. It is going to have to be "low" to keep out of the way of the intercooler, ACC and camera, but you don't likely want to sacrifice much approach angle or clearance. The ONLY thing I have seen that would do this, and yes, it is a 'modified' option, is the RC mount along with the factory skid that one user posted early on. While he is using the RC winch (which neither you nor I want), the 10x4 mounting support gives you options. For me, that is the Warn EVO series (and I get that you don't want that version) but perhaps the other Warns you do want might fit. If they do, you can do the following like me: a) Wait to see if you like what RC is coming out with as a modified skid plate and how that will work. b) wait to see if (when) other manufacturers come out with hidden winch solutions for MOD (probably too long for my patience level) or c) build/mod your own.

You unfortunately have the added wrinkle of needing to move the trans cooler, which I have yet to see anyone post about doing, but it has been stated "can" be done. Maybe the RC kit (or other OEMs) will have an option to do this but in any case, you hopefully still have the option to use the winch of your choice. Merry Christmas. And let's hope we are not saying "Happy Easter" ands still wondering if there is going to be a solution coming...
Aw, man, you're my kind of people. 100%. Loved your reply.

I absolutely thought I stated 2.7L in my initial post but I absolutely did NOT. You called me out on that and rightly so. My assumption that I provided complete and accurate information was based on imperfect memory.

Still...

It makes no difference. Sadly, no real options yet. The 2.7L vs. 2.3L isn't a discriminator which would yield a binary "yes/no" result. Whether I had stated it, or not, the result is the same. And the stupid replies I received to search for forum replies are still, well, stupid.

I did invite flagellation. But what annoys me is the "check the previous thread" commentary. Good Christ! I do check them. Look at my history. I ordered this godforsaken truck the night they came out, when the website crashed. I've been on this ridiculous 6G website the entire time, having all of the conversations everyone else have had. The light scolding on that, the "thread research," is just too much. For me. I'm a '21 Bronco "OG". I've been here. I'm not new. I was right there at the start, and I didn't tune out.

Perhaps I was a little too friendly and inviting of critique when I wrote what I wrote in my initial post. But I remain indignant on several of those replies. It is obviously possible to reply with good information. You, mds5917, replied with good information. So did several others. But some -- they know who they are at this point, LOL -- wanted to basically tell me to RTFM. And I don't cotton to that. Been doing this for long enough that I know better.

I hope you get where I'm coming from on this. This is somewhat a cultural thing, a generational gap where the new breed feels entitled and "fresh" to pipe up and throw down when they don't have the body to cash the check the mouth writes.

I know what's legit and what's not. Your reply - legit. The ones I'm talking about -- you know which ones they are -- non-legit. And those people will continue to feel the sting from being loosey-goosey with their replies, at least when they have me to deal with. BRING IT ON!

-JC

Va6gBronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F150, 2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Sooo…lots off different options out there, and who likes to ride around with the winch mounted upfront all the time?! Working on a receiver for the front of the modular bumper…

F986F09B-6CB8-4241-B75E-163D1019D821.jpeg

BE024B47-DCB0-4355-A15F-B3B8EDE47472.jpeg

537B6D22-35FA-495B-BBE0-6CF1DA967AFD.jpeg

Sponsored

mbagne

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mach-E GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If anyone is looking for the best winch option, one thing to consider (which I haven't seen anyone comment on yet) is the steel cable vs. synthetic rope issue.

Some of the more traditional users swear by steel cable as the only serious option, but from what I can tell, more and more off-road enthusiasts are singing the praises of synthetic rope. Just saying you should research and read the latest information to see what's right for you before jumping into a new winch.

OP
OP
JeepersCreepers

JeepersCreepers

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler TJ
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If anyone is looking for the best winch option, one thing to consider (which I haven't seen anyone comment on yet) is the steel cable vs. synthetic rope issue.

Some of the more traditional users swear by steel cable as the only serious option, but from what I can tell, more and more off-road enthusiasts are singing the praises of synthetic rope. Just saying you should research and read the latest information to see what's right for you before jumping into a new winch.
Oh yeah, that's not even a debate - the jury's been "in" on that one for a long time. For off-road vehicle-mounted applications, synthetic rope has been universally accepted as a much superior, far safer enhancement to the old steel cable winch lines. The only justification for steel cable is cost. They're usually cheaper. However, it's definitely not worth it. Watch some videos of winch hooks turning into missiles and you'll quickly see the advantage of synthetic rope.

johndeerefarmer

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 F150, '20 F350 Powerstroke
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

OP admits not doing research and gives permission to “flog” him over it, then gets all weird when you are direct in telling him to look into it. You actually gave him some direction rather than solely ripping him.

OP, a few threads do mention how there are no “plug n play” winch solutions for mod bumper and Lux, quite yet. The market is still young, enjoy what you have til a great solution comes about.
I think OP needs to just stick with his Jeep... as he's too much of an a$$ to own a Bronco

OP
OP
JeepersCreepers

JeepersCreepers

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler TJ
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think OP needs to just stick with his Jeep... as he's too much of an a$$ to own a Bronco
Walk that comment back right now, sir. Be friendly to me and I’ll be one of the best friends you’ve ever had. Make stupid, unsupported or patently inaccurate comments on technical matters and you’ll get the horns! I make no apologies and frankly society in general should be less tolerant of fools. If my intolerance for fools bothers you, this thread ain’t for you.
Sponsored