Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 F150, '20 F350 Powerstroke
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Walk that comment back right now, sir. Be friendly to me and I’ll be one of the best friends you’ve ever had. Make stupid, unsupported or patently inaccurate comments on technical matters and you’ll get the horns! I make no apologies and frankly society in general should be less tolerant of fools. If my intolerance for fools bothers you, this thread ain’t for you.
You act like an ass you get treated like a ass. Learn to use the search form before you open your mouth and thank people for their replies don't act like an ass to them if you don't like their answers.
Sponsored

OP
OP
JeepersCreepers

JeepersCreepers

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler TJ
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You act like an ass you get treated like a ass. Learn to use the search form before you open your mouth and thank people for their replies don't act like an ass to them if you don't like their answers.
No way, no how. Not even close!

I absolutely do not accept and fully reject what you're saying here. As stated before I *have* searched for that information and, as evidenced by some of the useful answers contained within this thread (which were received graciously by me, and thanks were given to those respondents) and have only been acerbic with those who failed to provide accurate or complete information under the circumstances. Given your assumption that I didn't "use the search from before I open [my] mouth]," and that I didn't "thank people for their replies" it is obvious that YOU are the one who failed to read the thread. As such, I do rather think you're an ass, and won't hesitate to treat you like one, especially when you stick your foot in your mouth and make spiteful comments as you have done in your last two replies.

Be gone, and stay off of my threads unless you have something useful to add.

-JC

OP
OP
JeepersCreepers

JeepersCreepers

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler TJ
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Finished welding the winch bumper up…lots of grinding to go!

63147850-43A2-46CA-99B1-8E9CA9A2330D.jpeg

DFADBDB0-8519-43D5-959D-4871EC8F2770.jpeg
Interesting fab project. What's the goal here? A lower, forward mounted winch bracket? I'm all about approach angles so my hope is to find an aftermarket winch mounting solution which keeps the winch as tight up to the front grille at about bumper height as possible. This location you're working with here would be problematic for a winch unless I'm missing something.

Longbow

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Blue Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
@JeepersCreepers I don't think this exactly fits your criteria since it looks like you will have to move the front camera, but here is the JCR solution that looks interesting. They also sell a front camera bracket.
https://www.jcroffroad.com/product/BR6SB-WP.html
Ford Bronco Winch on modular bumper (Badlands) BR6SB-WP_5~2
I am liking this option, low weight, no need to adjust suspension due to a 200# bumper. definitley will need a cover otherwise youll come out to to your rig and your buddies will have rope wrapped around tires and axles! LOL

Sponsored
OP
OP
JeepersCreepers

JeepersCreepers

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler TJ
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

than
@JeepersCreepers I don't think this exactly fits your criteria since it looks like you will have to move the front camera, but here is the JCR solution that looks interesting. They also sell a front camera bracket.
https://www.jcroffroad.com/product/BR6SB-WP.html
BR6SB-WP_5~2.jpg
Thanks for the perfectly relevant point out. I just stumbled upon this yesterday and watched a YouTube video on the installation. I agree, this is probably as close as I’m going to come to finding an option that meets the parameters I described in my original message. The parking sensors are all retained and two are remounted in new locations on the bracket. And the camera is unimpinged (after moving it a bit with the included bracket.)

Two items worthy of note - in the video I mentioned, JCR’s installer commented that the ACC sensor plate would require “relocation”. Interesting that all of these options keep sending the customer in other directions for a complete solution. Not sure why? Seems like JCR ought to offer that. Also, the approach angle suffers somewhat with this solution. I’d really prefer the winch to be tucked in as tight as possible to the grille.

Not a big deal for most users, probably, but I do want to crawl on some rocks sooner than later with this rig when I lift it a few inches, get it up in 37s, reinforce the tie rods and so on.

I have to say that I had fully intended to replace the modular bumper but I’m warning up to it. It’s bolted together out the yin-yang but you can add bush bars, remove the ends, etc. to make it fit your application. Another subtly impressive touch from Ford.

-JC

Deleted member 31617

Hi there, ok, so I think I may be the first to install the RC hidden winch kit on a 2.7L mod bumper. I have a First Edition and want to keep it looking stock. Now I'll be the first to tell you that I have EXCLUSIVELY purchased WARN winches prior and I agree RC would not be my choice of winch (and it may get swapped out down the road) however this is not really an off road vehicle for me as I have a built Gladiator on 40's so it'll do or now.

I did want to accomplish a couple of things however with my First Edition:
1. Keep it basically looking stock (no lift, just front level)
2. Set it up for dinghy towing
3. Add a winch, in case I want to hit some trails or need it to help someone out
4. Add onboard air
6. Add steps so the kids can get it
7. Get rid of the auto start/stop

Anyway, back to the topic at hand. Basically we separated the winch from it's power controller, moved the cooler up some from it's stock location to on-top of the winch, mounted the controller up by the battery and ran the controller extension out to behind the front license plate which was converted to flip up. Behind the front license plate I have my winch control, air chuck (dual ARB compressor under the hood), break away and tow wiring connector. This does not affect the AAC, camera and we used the factory skid plate. I know someone mentioned going wireless, I have done that before on prior builds and find that the remote is always dead when I need it so I've gone back to wired remotes on my winches, but maybe that's just me?

Sorry, I didn't have the shop document the install process, we just focused on making it work, but if you have a good off-road fab shop (not a bolt on parts shop) it can be done and you could swap out the winch if it meets the size and spec of the space of the RC with their mount.

As a fellow wheeler, the one thing I would warn you about with this setup if you do plan to do a lot of wheeling in the future is that the winch is not accessible. That means you can't unlock it and free-spool so it you need to run it out, you have to electronically run it out slowly. This could be frustrating if using it a lot on a trail. For me, this is really a like to have on this than a plan to use so I'm good with it as I use the jeep for off roading, but if I planned to actually wheel the Bronco, I'd probably lean toward relocating the AAC module and putting the WARN up front.

20220215_134759.jpg

20220215_134824.jpg

Screenshot_20220216-102610_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20220216-102622_Gallery.jpg

Bronco and Jeep.png

dcaero

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco OBX SAS
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Hi there, ok, so I think I may be the first to install the RC hidden winch kit on a 2.7L mod bumper. I have a First Edition and want to keep it looking stock. Now I'll be the first to tell you that I have EXCLUSIVELY purchased WARN winches prior and I agree RC would not be my choice of winch (and it may get swapped out down the road) however this is not really an off road vehicle for me as I have a built Gladiator on 40's so it'll do or now.

3. Add a winch, in case I want to hit some trails or need it to help someone out
4. Add onboard air

Anyway, back to the topic at hand. Basically we separated the winch from it's power controller, moved the cooler up some from it's stock location to on-top of the winch, mounted the controller up by the battery and ran the controller extension out to behind the front license plate which was converted to flip up. Behind the front license plate I have my winch control, air chuck (dual ARB compressor under the hood), break away and tow wiring connector. This does not affect the AAC, camera and we used the factory skid plate. I know someone mentioned going wireless, I have done that before on prior builds and find that the remote is always dead when I need it so I've gone back to wired remotes on my winches, but maybe that's just me?

Sorry, I didn't have the shop document the install process, we just focused on making it work, but if you have a good off-road fab shop (not a bolt on parts shop) it can be done and you could swap out the winch if it meets the size and spec of the space of the RC with their mount.

As a fellow wheeler, the one thing I would warn you about with this setup if you do plan to do a lot of wheeling in the future is that the winch is not accessible. That means you can't unlock it and free-spool so it you need to run it out, you have to electronically run it out slowly. This could be frustrating if using it a lot on a trail. For me, this is really a like to have on this than a plan to use so I'm good with it as I use the jeep for off roading, but if I planned to actually wheel the Bronco, I'd probably lean toward relocating the AAC module and putting the WARN up front.

Ford Bronco Winch on modular bumper (Badlands) Bronco and Jee

First RC hidden winch on a 2.7 that I've seen 👏👏👏 I really want this solution for myself

JcrOffroad

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Two items worthy of note - in the video I mentioned, JCR’s installer commented that the ACC sensor plate would require “relocation”. Interesting that all of these options keep sending the customer in other directions for a complete solution. Not sure why? Seems like JCR ought to offer that.

-JC
All three of our Broncos do not have LUX. Our local dealer does not have a LUX. We have no way of doing the engineering and testing at this time.

Side note: if you don’t have LUX package, you do not have ACC. That lower ‘box’ is empty for every model but LUX. That means no relocation is needed.

OP
OP
JeepersCreepers

JeepersCreepers

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler TJ
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

All three of our Broncos do not have LUX. Our local dealer does not have a LUX. We have no way of doing the engineering and testing at this time.

Side note: if you don’t have LUX package, you do not have ACC. That lower ‘box’ is empty for every model but LUX. That means no relocation is needed.
Thanks for the explanation. Makes sense. I hope you’ll be able to offer this in the future.

incidentally, I have several of your products installed on my jeep wrangler TJ. Good stuff.

Sponsored

chtucker

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I have pimped this multiple times- but here is my solution, unique because I wanted the 8274 Warn.

I get receiver points as well with this approach. I have JCR offroad camera relocate on the way.

I would like to suggest that others look at some frame stiffener plates get added. Ford FPP winch has them and the Warn bumper has them. LOD offroad is the only other vendor that I have seen that offers them
https://lodoffroad.com/products/2021-bronco-black-ops-front-bumper-frame-tie-in-brackets

PXL_20220210_220909722.jpg

Lobber

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

4. Add onboard air

20220215_134824.jpg
This is awesome, exactly what I want to do on mine, if you could provide some pics of how it's mounted that would be much appreciated!

Deleted member 31617

This is awesome, exactly what I want to do on mine, if you could provide some pics of how it's mounted that would be much appreciated!
Hi, sorry, as I said, we were really focused on making it work and didn't really think about pictures along the way. Now that it is all closed up there isn't really a way to get a picture showing it as it's all tucked away and inaccessible without opening it back up. We did make custom mounting brackets to connect the two though, that's why you need a fab shop.

doccoch

Badlands
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt, 1967 Mustang Fastback
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hi, sorry, as I said, we were really focused on making it work and didn't really think about pictures along the way. Now that it is all closed up there isn't really a way to get a picture showing it as it's all tucked away and inaccessible without opening it back up. We did make custom mounting brackets to connect the two though, that's why you need a fab shop.
ummm..... you've apparently found the holy grail. You've GOT to let us know more details. Like 100 people are feverishly wanting this and working on it. Please brother. You can also make a mint if you develop a kit. May be just some pics underneath the side of the skid plate?

Deleted member 31617

ummm..... you've apparently found the holy grail. You've GOT to let us know more details. Like 100 people are feverishly wanting this and working on it. Please brother. You can also make a mint if you develop a kit. May be just some pics underneath the side of the skid plate?
Unfortunately there is nothing to see, the side of the skid plate is completely closed off with the kit mounting bracket, I looked, you can't see a thing, but a good custom off road (fab) shop should be able to do this for you.
Sponsored