dcaero

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco OBX SAS
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
With a build date of Nov 8th and camping/off-road season not starting until next summer. I'm going to be keeping a close eye on Rough Country. The $3,500 Ford OEM solution is simply way beyond what I want to pay for a winch solution. My build has the HD mod bumper.
Sponsored

Jason hamilton

Black Diamond
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
With a build date of Nov 8th and camping/off-road season not starting until next summer. I'm going to be keeping a close eye on Rough Country. The $3,500 Ford OEM solution is simply way beyond what I want to pay for a winch solution. My build has the HD mod bumper.
$3,500 is WAY beyond

Shinoko

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

yea I feel like I could get my local fab shop to make something better at $3500.

I really like the Rough Country solution. I've reached out to them to ask for more details, we'll see what they come back with.

BroncoKong Jr.

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Looks great but:
  • ONLY fits models with frame-mounted tow rings.
So that reads to me plastic bumper only. Like I said before, they really need to get their hands on an HD bumper. I asked them if this was the case in their Q&A so I guess we'll see.

BadBoyBroncoBilly

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
E150 Adventure Van, Chevrolet Spark
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Looks great but:
So that reads to me plastic bumper only. Like I said before, they really need to get their hands on an HD bumper. I asked them if this was the case in their Q&A so I guess we'll see.
Let's see if they actually respond. I sent them a message about the firepit if they will have a gas option later. No response! I like the design and how it breaks down but in the SW open fires are almost outlawed.

Sponsored

Jdc

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Looks great but:
This is the best looking solution I've seen so far. If they can get this to work with the modular bumper it would be awesome

Daktari

Badlands
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch, Tacoma TRD Off Road, Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

that certainly looks promising, need more details if it changes ground clearance. Hoping for a solution like this for if/when I do need a winch. That will be a while, so I have time, but I like what I see here.

Shinoko

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm still not clear on why this couldn't work for the HD mod bumper. The mounting takes the place of the skid plate and doesn't change much as far as the bumper goes. When comparing the underside of mine, it all looks real similar. I'd speculate they, like most, don't have a test vehicle and don't want to sell it without being sure.

I've reached out and asked if I can buy it to test, then return if it doesn't work. If I hear anything back, I'll let everyone know.

dcaero

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco OBX SAS
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I'm still not clear on why this couldn't work for the HD mod bumper. The mounting takes the place of the skid plate and doesn't change much as far as the bumper goes. When comparing the underside of mine, it all looks real similar. I'd speculate they, like most, don't have a test vehicle and don't want to sell it without being sure.

I've reached out and asked if I can buy it to test, then return if it doesn't work. If I hear anything back, I'll let everyone know.
Oooh, that would be excellent!

Sponsored

Shinoko

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Looks like they put up the install instructions for the Rough Country mount:

https://s3.amazonaws.com/roughcountry/install/921510540.pdf

The "Minor cutting required" is cutting off the frame extension and grinding the diff mount even with the frame rails. Not sure I'd consider that "Minor cutting".

I'll pull my skid off this weekend if I get time and walk through the instructions to see what is different.

dcaero

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco OBX SAS
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

The "Minor cutting required" is cutting off the frame extension and grinding the diff mount even with the frame rails. Not sure I'd consider that "Minor cutting".

I'll pull my skid off this weekend if I get time and walk through the instructions to see what is different.
"Minor cutting required" is like calling the OEM solution "reasonably priced". Good luck, let us know what you find!

Jdc

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yeah, this just went from the most appealing solution to....ehhhh

I'm just wondering what those frame extensions are there for.

Shinoko

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yea, I'm not keen cutting part of the frame off on a new vehicle without knowing what it was there for in the first place. My feeling is that it mounts the outermost portions of the 'gravel guard' or whatever they call it, but I'll try to get the skid off and take a closer look.

Jason hamilton

Black Diamond
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Yea, I'm not keen cutting part of the frame off on a new vehicle without knowing what it was there for in the first place. My feeling is that it mounts the outermost portions of the 'gravel guard' or whatever they call it, but I'll try to get the skid off and take a closer look.
Keep us posted Thanks
Sponsored