Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

If your going to use it winch it lol. For me I’m rarely going to need a winch so at least for now as it’s my daily no winch. It would just sit in the weather and never get used. If I can come up with an easily removable setup I would go winch and can leave it inside out of the weather until I’m heading off road.

ICUGAZN

Badlands
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I just installed one. I was thinking that i could come in handy on the trails and if I wanted to go out alone, I would have a way of recovering myself. But I guess it's like insurance, you may not use it, but good to have in case you do need it. :)

Frankie945

Base
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Q50
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

If you go out wheeling alone you need a winch for sure. If you like wheeling with groups then you can get away without one most of the times.

Sponsored

Taltyman

Raptor
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep wrangler Rubicon, Ford F350, Braptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

In having mine 5 years on our Rubi I've only used it for non off-roading tasks. But then we only off-road in the Ouray CO area and the likely hood off needing a winch there is slim. But it looks cool. As other said if you wheel alone then you should have one. Along with other survival gear.

Kekov721

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I almost always go out in a group so no winch for me.

ChompSticks

Black Diamond
First Name
ChompSticks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'02 E55 wagon, '98 Suzuki X-90, '96 Town Car
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I go out alone a lot and have gotten stuck pretty bad once. So winch for me this time. The Bronco seems like a car I will actually keep for a while.

Murph914

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 F-350 reg cab srw v10 manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’m going to get one, but mad at Ford over it. I paid for modular bumper, camera, and acc. Not going to throw any of those options out to make a winch work. The camera is the easiest fix ford, and ahould have been a consideration day one.

Oneand0

Badlands
First Name
Mario
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’m doing it! I’m going to start wheeling, hopefully with a group. But, I know me and I will go alone on easy to moderate trails. During this winter, I had to rescue an F-150 out of snow three houses down coming back from the grocery store with their straps due to high snow levels in Tahoe. Just for winter driving it would be a good idea for me. Priced an installed rough country hidden 1200lbs at $1259 yesterday. That’s what I’m going with.

Sponsored

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I am not planning to get one, and my reasoning is I'm not going to be pushing it that hard for fear of body damage, so I'm unlikely to get into a situation that lockers alone won't get me out of.

OP
OP
TripleB

TripleB

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Base Sas 2.7L, 2023 GMC AT4 HDD
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Thanks for the feedback. I typically explore alone last-minute to fly fishing, biking and camping spots. My schedule doesn't allow for planning ahead. I ordered ADD rock fighter bumpers about a month ago but I was starting to rethink it. I guess I'll stay put. I went with base sas for easy customizing so not too a big deal for me. Also, my typically location is the Appalachian Mountains which is wet slick mud, ruts and rocks. Just a weekend rig for me too.

7722 Bronco

Wildtrak
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Explorer ST/ 2019 F350 CC DRW 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I am not planning to get one, and my reasoning is I'm not going to be pushing it that hard for fear of body damage, so I'm unlikely to get into a situation that lockers alone won't get me out of.
Lockers just allow you to bury yourself deeper, equally, on all 4 wheels when you get stuck. Winch allows you to recover from that.

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Lockers just allow you to bury yourself deeper, equally, on all 4 wheels when you get stuck. Winch allows you to recover from that.
I've been wheeling for 15 years and only needed a winch once because of a poor decision. I learned from that situation when you get into trouble not to keep going and make it worse.

7722 Bronco

Wildtrak
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Explorer ST/ 2019 F350 CC DRW 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Thanks for the feedback. I typically explore alone last-minute to fly fishing, biking and camping spots. My schedule doesn't allow for planning ahead. I ordered ADD rock fighter bumpers about a month ago but I was starting to rethink it. I guess I'll stay put. I went with base sas for easy customizing so not too a big deal for me. Also, my typically location is the Appalachian Mountains which is wet slick mud, ruts and rocks. Just a weekend rig for me too.
I'm in Kentucky and will be in similar conditions. I went with the ADD and can't wait to get it installed. Just got the "Built" notification 2 days ago. It's my wife's daily and our weekend toy. She has a touch of redneck in her and likes the winch bumper and KC light bar for her daily,,, which will be functional for us on the weekends exploring.
Sponsored