Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I think at this point I’m hoping more and more it gets totaled and I get a good valuation on replacement
Sponsored

swamp2

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
911 Carrera S / 4Runner TRD Pro
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Crazy, non repairable frame and the associated labor to swap everything and it's not a total? Feel for ya, this sucks.

OP
OP
widnere12

widnere12

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Crazy, non repairable frame and the associated labor to swap everything and it's not a total? Feel for ya, this sucks.
Everything with insurance is an equation..

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I think at this point I’m hoping more and more it gets totaled and I get a good valuation on replacement
If the parts are unavailable, your most likely going to see the insurance co write it off as it can't take a year waiting on parts.

nolimits

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Explorer ST | 23 Challenger SP 1320
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

A quick update for anyone that was following this to find out. The frame was damaged and needs to be replaced. Along with the other body parts, so far we are sitting at about $41k in repairs before they begin to take it apart.

With that said, I was told that it likely wont get totaled unless they hit 71% replacement value and right now I am at 40.8%. With those numbers, it looks like insurance is valuing the raptor at about $100k and I am nowhere near a total unless they find a bunch of hidden damage.

Unfortunately tons of parts are not available so it looks like I'm in for a long wait.
Glad you are okay, that is most important.

It absolutely blows they aren’t totaling this vehicle. I get the percentage game but you have a dollar amount of repair that exceeds 100% of what many cars cost the average Joe. And quite honestly who will want to take this on trade or buy as a private party with > $40k damage.

I would consult with legal counsel and see what other loopholes exist. I’m not sure where you are located and the specific laws but my gut says there may be some fine print that says even if it doesn’t hit 70% but it exceeds a certain *reasonable* repair amount then it may also get totaled. You may just need someone familiar with the loopholes to advise/guide you. Obviously insurance is biased to pay $40k instead of $100k so I think any legal costs may be worthwhile in this case. Not saying get “sue happy” but rather make sure you have all the nitty gritty details.

Also do research on diminished value. Effectively this is the amount of loss you suffer when you sell/trade a wrecked vehicle compared to a non-wrecked equal. This is very real as nearly everyone uses CarFax to confirm car history and they will offer less for any vehicle with prior wrecks, especially when of a high dollar magnitude. Not quite as bad as how a salvage title reduces retail value but similar in effect.

I tried selling a Titan that was wrecked twice under my ownership with repairs between $8-15k each time. Relative to MSRP at the time of about $35k. It was about 2 years since the last wreck and I stand by the vehicle was repaired right and I’d drive across the country. I was getting low ball offers of half value from private party (or no offers after CarFax review) and multiple dealers did the same. Had it not been for a family member who owned a car lot and was partners with the owner of a much larger Dodge dealership, I’m not sure how I would have gotten out of that vehicle. I bought a Challenger at the time and they hit my trade fair due to connections only.

My point being is DV may get you close to 70% but insurance hates it and will try to deny paying it. You will have to fight for it.

Sponsored

Breptar

Raptor
First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Just have APG build you a badass braptor with the repair money 😎

OP
OP
widnere12

widnere12

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Well... looks like its going back for a 2nd consideration of a Total Loss.. Still just waiting

OP
OP
widnere12

widnere12

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Well... At the end of the day, Its for sure a Total Loss. State Farm has already picked him up and hauled him away.

For all of you looking for repair parts. Start Searching now. Let my loss be your gain.

Sadly, I cant find my exact model anywhere nearby. I dont feel like traveling for one, and I definitely dont have the patience to wait another 2 years, so I likely wont be part of the Bronco Cool Kids anymore.

Time to start searching

swamp2

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
911 Carrera S / 4Runner TRD Pro
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Well... At the end of the day, Its for sure a Total Loss. State Farm has already picked him up and hauled him away.

For all of you looking for repair parts. Start Searching now. Let my loss be your gain.

Sadly, I cant find my exact model anywhere nearby. I dont feel like traveling for one, and I definitely dont have the patience to wait another 2 years, so I likely wont be part of the Bronco Cool Kids anymore.

Time to start searching
Ugh, bummer, but some good in here as well. Prices and availability on cars.com and Autotrader are at an all time best. Have a look. Seems like a small sacrifice on options would be an easy path back to a great vehicle.
Sponsored