Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sas Badlands, 1968 Bronco, 2018 Expy
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Obviously it's so hard for drivers to see a Braptor.

Glad you're ok but still...
Sponsored

OP
OP
widnere12

widnere12

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

@widnere12 good luck on a Dark Horse if you go that way. I have had my order in for one since April 7th and it will be sometime next year before I get it. They have paused building the handling pack for the winter. They will not start production backup for the HP until April. Of course, if you find one on the lot expect to pay an ADM. If you order you have the allocation Roulet to deal with, most dealers on have one and only one for 24.
I’m with most of the crowd here. I don’t think I’ll have to deal with it being totaled. Just gone for a good wait. But I waited 2.5 years for this so I can be patient again. 😂. If I go the dark horse direction, I won’t pay ADM, so I’ll order. Luckily my dealer does me right and honors orders and deals so I’m not worried there. I just need to decide what to drive in the meantime.

OP
OP
widnere12

widnere12

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Wow, another one. I just found stubbled across this one in Ventura County.

IMG_5923.jpeg

IMG_5926.jpeg

IMG_5925.jpeg

IMG_5924.jpeg

IMG_5927.jpeg

IMG_5928.jpeg
ouch. This one looks like someone went through that windshield. Hope everyone was ok.

ElonMuk

Black Diamond
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
All the vehicles
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Glad to hear you are okay.

I work in the autobody industry and as some have stated by the looks of this loss it will not be close to a total. Majority if the replacement parts are actually available for the BR's as of right now. Best of luck in it getting repaired and you'll be back out in no time 🍻

broncobase1

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Base
Your Bronco Model
Base
Glad no one was hurt...and sorry to see that. I find that more often than not people are driving around hoping that YOU will keep THEM out of a wreck.

Sucks man for sure...
Unfortunately a lot of people intentionally cause accidents for the insurance payout. Not saying that's what happened here, but it happens a lot more than people realize.

Sponsored

mike8675309

Base
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco ManSquatch, 2023 Chevy Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
I assume the Raptors don't have crash bars, and now people can see what wheel detachment looks like.

bloominguez

Black Diamond
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Br BD, '22 5BW, '95 Integra, '94 VFR, '04 SV
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Well, this happened today. Someone made a left-hand turn in front of me and didnt even see me (Not sure how, but thats a different issue.
Amazing that someone didn't see a Code Orange Braptor. Of all the vehicles you think would be obvious. Out of curiosity, did they actually say that?

OP
OP
widnere12

widnere12

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Unfortunately a lot of people intentionally cause accidents for the insurance payout. Not saying that's what happened here, but it happens a lot more than people realize.
I'm aware... I dont believe at all thatthis
Amazing that someone didn't see a Code Orange Braptor. Of all the vehicles you think would be obvious. Out of curiosity, did they actually say that?
The did say that... I've had the same thought. Not sure how you miss one of the biggest, brightest machines rolling down the road, but it happens.

Sponsored

huey

Badlands
First Name
kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW GTI VW EOS GMC Envoy Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

They put new frames under trucks all the time. Even if it needs a frame, I don’t think it will total out. The big issue will be parts availability.
Some folks will be surprised how long service frames need to be carried as spare parts. Looking in our yard we have ford explorer / sportrac frames among other things

huey

Badlands
First Name
kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Right, we do it quite often anymore due to the materials and OE position statements. NB3Z-5005-J is the frame, Ford is showing two in stock in Detroit. Value priced at only $8,092.38!
hey! I know what we sell them for - we don't charge Ford enough lol

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

hey! I know what we sell them for - we don't charge Ford enough lol
About 15 years ago our wholesale PM accidentally got a direct shipment of blue oval grill badges which had the per piece price Ford paid. He was at a different dealer and we weren't even in the wholesale business back then. Needless to say it was disgusting. Something like $5.00-$6.00 and retail was over $50.00. That would've put dealer net $30.00 + at that time.

Based on dealer net, I'm going to guess Ford is buying bronco frames for less than $2,200.00. Am I even close?

huey

Badlands
First Name
kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

About 15 years ago our wholesale PM accidentally got a direct shipment of blue oval grill badges which had the per piece price Ford paid. He was at a different dealer and we weren't even in the wholesale business back then. Needless to say it was disgusting. Something like $5.00-$6.00 and retail was over $50.00. That would've put dealer net $30.00 + at that time.

Based on dealer net, I'm going to guess Ford is buying bronco frames for less than $2,200.00. Am I even close?
lol nope
but the less part is right

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

lol nope
but the less part is right
I still don't see how that's even possible when you figure in materials, bending, welding, hole punching, threaded inserts, welding and margin your company has built in. We have a trailer repair shop that does dump trailer repairs, welding, truck frame shortening/lengthening and see what our metal suppliers charge. It's mind blowing to think there's any margin. The original number that popped into my head was $1,500.00 but dismissed it and pulled the $2,200 figure out of my rear.

I bought a frame for my '53 F100 and it was almost $7K.
Sponsored