Sponsored

Rainy Northwest day color pictures (Cactus Gray & Rapid Red on SPORT)

Old Guy

Big Bend
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JKU, Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Some pictures of the sport with Cactus Grey and Picture of Rapid red. Interior of the Badlands with Leather was pretty nice.

I could'nt really see any Green in it myself, though my wife thought a slight tinge.
Ford Bronco Rainy Northwest day color pictures (Cactus Gray & Rapid Red on SPORT) 20201219_110947
Ford Bronco Rainy Northwest day color pictures (Cactus Gray & Rapid Red on SPORT) 20201219_110956

Ford Bronco Rainy Northwest day color pictures (Cactus Gray & Rapid Red on SPORT) 20201219_111002
Ford Bronco Rainy Northwest day color pictures (Cactus Gray & Rapid Red on SPORT) 20201219_110947
Ford Bronco Rainy Northwest day color pictures (Cactus Gray & Rapid Red on SPORT) 20201219_110956
Ford Bronco Rainy Northwest day color pictures (Cactus Gray & Rapid Red on SPORT) 20201219_111309
Sponsored

stampede1

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
The white over CG prototype that was originally shown looked really good, but from what I am seeing and reading on B6G, the "real" CG is much more gray than the prototype. And if that is the case, the white mod top would not look nearly as good as a combo with CG. Probably too washed out, not enough contrast. I will never know why ford did not offer a boxwood green with white top. If the mustang ever gets discontinued and subsequently brought back, I hope the ford design team will remember to add the mustang horse emblem and unique tail lighting.

corey07

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Some pictures of the sport with Cactus Grey and Picture of Rapid red. Interior of the Badlands with Leather was pretty nice.

I could'nt really see any Green in it myself, though my wife thought a slight tinge.
Ford Bronco Rainy Northwest day color pictures (Cactus Gray & Rapid Red on SPORT) 20201219_111309

Hey @Old Guy would these be at courtsey Ford by chance!?!

Also thank you for sharing!!

Limecreek

Badlands
First Name
Gregory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW R1100RS, BMW R1200RS, Honda CRV, Honda HRV
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It definitely had a green tint to my eye when I went out earlier this week. Sun and shade a wee bit of green that I see.

068E3023-2F12-40A1-B7D2-C27F327ED98A.jpeg

DA6E55AB-CBDF-418C-95A4-2A28B188ADFA.jpeg

corey07

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The white over CG prototype that was originally shown looked really good, but from what I am seeing and reading on B6G, the "real" CG is much more gray than the prototype. And if that is the case, the white mod top would not look nearly as good as a combo with CG. Probably too washed out, not enough contrast. I will never know why ford did not offer a boxwood green with white top.
I am thinking the same as well with the?G. I had wanted to do a white top with white stripe, but may have to go different direction. It may just be too washed out.

Sponsored

corey07

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It definitely had a green tint to my eye when I went out earlier this week. Sun and shade a wee bit of green that I see.

Ford Bronco Rainy Northwest day color pictures (Cactus Gray & Rapid Red on SPORT) DA6E55AB-CBDF-418C-95A4-2A28B188ADFA

Ford Bronco Rainy Northwest day color pictures (Cactus Gray & Rapid Red on SPORT) DA6E55AB-CBDF-418C-95A4-2A28B188ADFA
This damn color....it is almost like it is taking hue from the A51 next too it.

ausherpharmd

Black Diamond
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Tucson
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

That's one of the closest pictures I've seen to what my eyes see. I don't see a bit of green.

Sponsored

corey07

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I actually really liked the Cactus Grey. They had an Area 51 in showroom, and I thought it looked pretty nice also.
You inspired me to take a tour of the local Ford dealers! I hit up Courtesy and saw the ?G and A51. Then I hit up Damerow as well and looked at the ?G and Carb G they had.

I thought the A51 looked great in the show room with the black top. It is a VERY close second for me right now.

Man the ?G is all over for me. I think that @Limecreek is exactly right about the subtle differences our eyes pick up. And my eyes are not your eyes kinda thing. I DO think it has a bit of a mint hue to it...but it totally depends on the light, the angle, if you are under cover or outside, blah, blah blah. The only representation that I have seen that seems WAY off is the Ford digital generated one. The Courtesy rig was outside and it was overcast/raining while I was there. I saw fighter jet gray and I saw a slight mint hue depending on angle and amount of cloud cover. The Damerow rig was undercover with outside light and all I saw was fighter jet grey. I got a ton of pictures but nothing that stands out from anything that has already been posted.

I think you either like the ?G color or think it sucks haha. And regardless of Rick Astley's "lovely" assessment of it( which actually makes me laugh) I think it is still my number one.

OP
OP

Old Guy

Big Bend
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JKU, Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
agree, I thought Limecreek's photo's looked a bit green. Interesting color. It was dead last for me as a color, and its 1 or 2 now, along with boring ass white.

I want to like the reds, but just couldnt get there with them today.

Mostly I obsess about Cappy's post on build trims.

corey07

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

agree, I thought Limecreek's photo's looked a bit green. Interesting color. It was dead last for me as a color, and its 1 or 2 now, along with boring ass white.

I want to like the reds, but just couldnt get there with them today.

Mostly I obsess about Cappy's post on build trims.
HAHA I am totally a boring color person too (all my rigs, white, black, carbon gray). The white 2 dr is on FIRE for me right now, but most likely going 4dr CG.

Not going to lie though, that Rapid Red could be my 180 switch (mid life crisis) color haha.

Best of luck deciding on build and color!

Firefly

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Ford F250 Super Duty
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I saw cactus today in sun and when a cloud passed by. It displaced A51 as my first choice now. In different light it can be 4 or more different shades or hues as one walks all the way around it, from gray/white to just a hint of blue/gray, and even a hint of green/gray, but never minty. I think "cactus" is exactly what it is.
No matter what gray I was seeing, though, it was never "dull."

corey07

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I saw cactus today in sun and when a cloud passed by. It displaced A51 as my first choice now. In different light it can be 4 or more different shades or hues as one walks all the way around it, from gray/white to just a hint of blue/gray, and even a hint of green/gray, but never minty. I think "cactus" is exactly what it is.
No matter what gray I was seeing, though, it was never "dull."
I can get totally get on board with that assessment. Trying to put too much on it with "mint" when CACTUS is truly what it is. hahaha.
Heaven forbid we just accept what it is named ;);)
Sponsored