First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Just picked up my Wildtrack Hoss 3.0. Here's my question. So i'm installing my rear door fold down table and I'm hearing random clicking sounds from the front of the vehicle. I assume these are relays of some sort, (perhaps light timers?) but does anyone know exactly what they are and what my Bronco is doing. Mind you, I don't have the key in it or even in the proximity. I'm sure what ever it's doing it's supposed to be, but would just like to know exactly what this is. Thanks.
Sponsored

JT58Bronc

Base
First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2021 Miata track Edition
Your Bronco Model
Base
Ha, mine does it too although it might be when the remote is in it or near it. Ignition is off and I hear the random clicks. Let's see what others say.......

VelocityBronco

Badlands
First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands, F-150 FX4, Explorer Platinum
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Same. They are loud and appear to happen at random.

I also seem to have a ticking noise coming from the back, more consistent like a clock, sounds like a hasp on a flagpole on a windy day if that makes sense...I can hear it pretty good if I tuck my head under the rear bumper. I probably notice it more because I park in a garage, so it echoes a bit...but this sound doesn't seem to ever stop, always there.

It would be nice to know what these sounds are.

2021AreaFiftyOneOBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco, 2021 Ford Mustang Mach-E
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

All. The. Time.

CUPRA

Outer Banks
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco OBXSAS/'23 Camaro SS Convertible
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

I also seem to have a ticking noise coming from the back, more consistent like a clock, sounds like a hasp on a flagpole on a windy day if that makes sense...I can hear it pretty good if I tuck my head under the rear bumper. I probably notice it more because I park in a garage, so it echoes a bit...but this sound doesn't seem to ever stop, always there.

I get that sound too - typically on the driver side rear. It tends to stop after about 10-15 mins. Seems like a long time for something to be discharging, but that's about how long it takes.
It's almost musical at times.

Sponsored

VelocityBronco

Badlands
First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands, F-150 FX4, Explorer Platinum
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I get that sound too - typically on the driver side rear. It tends to stop after about 10-15 mins. Seems like a long time for something to be discharging, but that's about how long it takes.
It's almost musical at times.
At first I thought it was just water dripping down the gutters of my house, but it was driving me nuts so I had to figure out where it was coming from...sure enough, back of the Bronco.
I guess I just need to listen to music more while working in the garage. Tune out all the random clicks and ticking from the Bronco.

Bronchitis66

Wildtrak
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Accord, 2020 Ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Ya I had the same problem now my Bronco is down and at dealership. Waiting on a replacement BCM.

OP
OP

Paul113

Wildtrak
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Ya I had the same problem now my Bronco is down and at dealership. Waiting on a replacement BCM.
What actual problems were you having that warranted going to the dealership. Mine don't seem to be causing any problems and i'm almost sure it's just doing what it does. I am just curious what that is. Thanks

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Wait until you wash it with warm water and have the key fob in you pocket. Clikety clack like mad.

Sponsored

Bronchitis66

Wildtrak
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
What actual problems were you having that warranted going to the dealership. Mine don't seem to be causing any problems and i'm almost sure it's just doing what it does. I am just curious what that is. Thanks

Bronchitis66

Wildtrak
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
it started with a service charging system soon warning, the dealership replaced a battery sensor. Then had clicking noises noticed in my garage.
couple days later it was completely dead and had to tow to the dealership.

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition

Hi there! Would you send us a private message with your VIN and dealership name and location? I’d like to look into this concern on my end.

Shan7426

Wildtrak
First Name
Shannon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I have clicking noise as well. when the vehicle is off. It's quite strange. Not sure if it's something I should get checked out or not.

rayhil67

Black Diamond
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JK Sahara 2006 hummer H3
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Yes I also have this, seems to happen 30 to 60 min after being shut off, I assumed it was the bronco engaging power to the modem to communicate with Ford. Another Strange thing is, say I go to Tacobell at lunch and I leave my phone on my desk at work, when I get back all of a sudden my phone will pop up how was tacobell.. As I am not one of these people who's phone is a "Attached limb" this has happened a lot, seems a little "Orwellian" to me
Sponsored