Sponsored

Rant: When will overpriced accessories stop?!

PSUTE

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Base
I thought people were happy with Mabett’s stuff which is coming from China. It seems like forum members are highly appreciative of his attentiveness and have vouched for the quality, attention to detail and customer service. For god’s sake he’s redesigned a plastic storage tray for the center arm rest console several times just because forum member’s have asked. Just because it doesn’t come from America doesn’t mean it’s bad.
Agree. He gets it...
Sponsored

Fireman Dave

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands, 2020 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This is absolutely ridiculous.. I've said it before and will say it again... When will People stop paying companies a outrageous sum for parts that shouldnt cost more than 50$? Point being these:

https://www.rtrvehicles.com/products/rtr-foot-rests-21-bronco-all

I got all excited for foot rests then saw the price 170$ get the f*%# outta here. IT'S A FOOT REST. Rugged ridge will have a set out soon if not now for a quarter of that price.🙄
This one Is probably branding. However, I've seen it on other products and it grinds my gears eventually I forsee it killing the aftermarket, but then again an idiot is born everyday. Rant over 🙂
Design, tool, build and test a set for yourself and assume all the risk and you will find out why things cost what they do.
Have a little cheese with that whine, maybe it will make you feel better. :)

mybikeisred

Wildtrak
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250 Powerstroke, Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Eh, I don't agree with this. As a long-legged individual, it's super comfortable (and fun) to set my left foot on the running board while driving doorless.
I drive the golf cart like that. Haven’t lost a foot yet.

mybikeisred

Wildtrak
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250 Powerstroke, Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I thought people were happy with Mabett’s stuff which is coming from China. It seems like forum members are highly appreciative of his attentiveness and have vouched for the quality, attention to detail and customer service. For god’s sake he’s redesigned a plastic storage tray for the center arm rest console several times just because forum member’s have asked. Just because it doesn’t come from America doesn’t mean it’s bad.
It’s kind of nice how some people use this place as a focus group. Makes us feel like we have some sort of input whether we do or not. Smart on their part too. Nobody has their finger on the pulse of the bronco like the collective 6g members.

I bought the cargo floor liner and seat back liners on Amazon from @Mabett . Got the 6g discount too. I’m happy with them. I know there are several options for the cargo liner, but I haven’t seen any other seat back protectors like the ones they sell. And I love that he even used a photo (with permission of course) from another 6g member of his dog hair covered seat back on the Amazon listing.

Last edited:

Skip

Big Bend
First Name
Skip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ram 3500
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I put together my own foot rests. Not for everyone though. Used jeep ones and modified. $17.00.
Ford Bronco Rant: When will overpriced accessories stop?! 6663710F-1759-4C30-8864-1A599B4A6B36
Ford Bronco Rant: When will overpriced accessories stop?! 9FAEDC37-7A47-46FD-8C46-B11A07C0F9B2
Ford Bronco Rant: When will overpriced accessories stop?! 9FAEDC37-7A47-46FD-8C46-B11A07C0F9B2

OP
OP
Ig_bronco

Ig_bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKU
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I put together my own foot rests. Not for everyone though. Used jeep ones and modified. $17.00.
Nice! I'd extend that frame protection fuzz. Better safe than sorry
Sponsored