Sponsored

Rant: When will overpriced accessories stop?!

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This is absolutely ridiculous..
I mean, it's not like we are just getting over a world wide pandemic, a smaller work force, constant material shortages, record inflation and gas prices quickly approaching $6/gallon. But it is the damn greedy corporations fault!

My advice, don't buy it. And if you think you can build a better mouse trap for cheaper then by all means start your own company and do it.
Sponsored

Zero_chance

Badlands
First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.southvalleymustang.com
Vehicle(s)
17 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This is absolutely ridiculous.. I've said it before and will say it again... When will People stop paying companies a outrageous sum for parts that shouldnt cost more than 50$? Point being these:

https://www.rtrvehicles.com/products/rtr-foot-rests-21-bronco-all

I got all excited for foot rests then saw the price 170$ get the f*%# outta here. IT'S A FOOT REST. Rugged ridge will have a set out soon if not now for a quarter of that price.šŸ™„
This one Is probably branding. However, I've seen it on other products and it grinds my gears eventually I forsee it killing the aftermarket, but then again an idiot is born everyday. Rant over šŸ™‚
What makes you think you know or should dictate pricing on components? If you canā€™t afford them, donā€™t buy them.

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
100%

Everyone talks about supporting American companies until they see the price.

It won't change. The Bronco is a new enthusiast vehicle. Accessories are 99% wants, not needs. You want it? You are going to pay. Chinese crap will soon be flooding the market so be careful what you wish for.

SubmarineNuke

Wildtrak
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twitch.tv
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

some of the prices are absolutely insane, I just keep saving my money and waiting for exactly what I want. No settling for something that's close.

Sponsored

F OR D

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BD Green Machine
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Don't buy them, sooner or later, they will cut the price due to low demand.
Soon. The Chinese suppliers are going full send right now for stuff.

$55 dollar sunshades, cheap steps / rock rails, and lots of other accessoriesnare already available.
This sums it up. Limited availability/options + no competition = New Bronco Tax.

Another fubar example was this tailgate table. interesting that the bronco one that is the same size is is 100~ more. And don't give me the bs r&d, that should be spread across products. Material costs up? Then everything should be rising and distributed. Only viable way is you have stock sitting, but even at that you should try to normalize costing.

Bottom line is I'm getting things but not paying bronco tax. If your shit is overpriced I'll just wait for a reasonable price or knockoff. No love lost, money is money.

OP
OP
Ig_bronco

Ig_bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKU
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I'm on the hook for $315 for a pair of 1 gallon Rotopax cans and mount... Never again
Ugh!
I just read your post. The pic of the handle is small but when you set back the angle makes them appear larger. I wanted some for my JKU in place of the back windows. They look cool but practical absolutely not.

OP
OP
Ig_bronco

Ig_bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKU
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Holy smokes! $185 for just the front foot rests? Insane.
Yep. I like rtr products especially the bumper tube caps (to me that's reasonable) however foot rests? Ffs. Some of the lighting is ubsured as well

Sponsored

SubmarineNuke

Wildtrak
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twitch.tv
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

mtheawesomeone

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You should see the price of the mudflaps. I know inflation is high but the price of those is beyond stupid.
I second this, but I blame Ford for only making standard ones that only fit on some models and only on the front on others. My Bronco will hopefully deliver soon and I don't want the rock chips so I just bought rokblokz which are crazy expensive. You also have to take a class in mudflapology just to figure out what works and what doesn't for your model.

Lexo52

Big Bend
First Name
Arlexis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Probably not a good idea to rest your foot outside the vehicle while driving it. You want the price of accessories down? Don't buy them, sooner or later, they will cut the price due to low demand.
Not any more dangerous than driving with no door lol. Someone hits him it's not gunna matter
Sponsored