First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camery
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Just received my Bronco Raptor grill and I am having trouble finding which wire to tap into for the 3 amber grill lights to come on with the headlights, any help is greatly appreciated
Sponsored

Lak34ers

Big Bend
First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Just received my Bronco Raptor grill and I am having trouble finding which wire to tap into for the 3 amber grill lights to come on with the headlights, any help is greatly appreciated
Where did you find the Raptor Grille?

OP
OP
Dmorty217

Dmorty217

Black Diamond
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camery
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
From this site. https://qdcnct-autoparts.com/
For the record it’s a Chinese company but the products drop ship from Cali, for the $260 it was worth the risk. Took 5 days to be delivered to Florida and the company is surprisingly very responsive. The Ford letters came with it and a wiring harness, just haven’t installed the letters or the grill yet. Tomorrow when I do I will post a picture. Don’t want to use a aux switch for them but will if I don’t get someone much smarter than I to respond on the wiring.

B7B794FE-5196-476A-B407-1B67444A0F3D.jpeg

OP
OP
Dmorty217

Dmorty217

Black Diamond
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camery
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
@flip any insight into this?

The Pennster

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Expedition, Tesla Model X
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I didn’t buy these, but I bought a kit with 3 amber lights that basically does the same thing but gets plugged into the factory grill. Anyways, I tapped into fuse 9 so that it starts with the car. Your other options are also 63 for the aux switch, or 26. Hope this helps.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Dmorty217

Dmorty217

Black Diamond
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camery
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I didn’t buy these, but I bought a kit with 3 amber lights that basically does the same thing but gets plugged into the factory grill. Anyways, I tapped into fuse 9 so that it starts with the car. Your other options are also 63 for the aux switch, or 26. Hope this helps.
Do you have a picture of fuse 9 or what you wired into? I was able to find this but it doesn’t appear they’re labeled from this picture

1761DDF9-894F-4CA3-9AE7-69F73E3A17ED.jpeg

BRONCO_Q8

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
YUKON
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I wanted to buy the same grille , but I'm hesitant, can you take some pic?

broncorik

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Is it gloss or matte? And is there a camera cutout/mounting provisions?

adrencg

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I installed the grille last week. It was royal pain in my ass because it's not built exactly the way it should be. When you take the piece out of the stock grille that helps bolt the grille into the frame, it doesn't fit perfectly on the aftermarket grille. It sits up a little too much and the screw holes are too small. Also, the 4 pieces that go over the corner clip holders (I'm guessing to keep water out of the seam) make it so the grill won't snap into place, so I needed to dremel those pieces down a little so the corner retainer clips could fully go through the slots and stay there without being blocked.

As for lighting, I got tired of trying to tap into the fuse box with no success so I tapped into the parking light wire on the driver side. unplug the left headlight and carefully cut away the black wrap about an inch back to expose the wires. Take the green wire with orange stripe (at the corner of the plug) and put a vampire clip around it. Place the red wire from the amber lights into the other slot on the clip and use pliers to push the metal slot deeper into the clip, then close it up. Marker lights should come on when the headlights are on.

Sorry if I'm over-explaining. I don't know how much knowledge you do or don't have about wiring.

I love the way it looks, even though it doesn't look fully authentic to the raptor grille. But I don't really care because I'm not trying to convince anyone my bronco is a raptor...I just love that black FORD grille look as opposed to the white Bronco lettering. And it sets the car apart from other Broncos. And I was also never a fan of the Big Bend grille.

I also swapped out my stock headlights for signature to complete the look I wanted.

Ford Bronco Raptor Grill lighting question cli

PXL_20220830_105305876.jpg

Last edited:

Sponsored

broncorik

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I installed the grille last week. It was royal pain in my ass because it's not built exactly the way it should be. When you take the piece out of the stock grille that helps bolt the grille into the frame, it doesn't fit perfectly on the aftermarket grille. It sits up a little too much and the screw holes are too small. Also, the 4 pieces that go over the corner clip holders (I'm guessing to keep water out of the seam) make it so the grill won't snap into place, so I needed to dremel those pieces down a little so the corner retainer clips could fully go through the slots and stay there without being blocked.

As for lighting, I got tired of trying to tap into the fuse box with no success so I tapped into the parking light wire on the driver side. unplug the left headlight and carefully cut away the black wrap about an inch back to expose the wires. Take the green wire with orange stripe (at the corner of the plug) and put a vampire clip around it. Place the red wire from the amber lights into the other slot on the clip and use pliers to push the metal slot deeper into the clip, then close it up. Marker lights should come on when the headlights are on.

Sorry if I'm over-explaining. I don't know how much knowledge you do or don't have about wiring.

I love the way it looks, even though it doesn't look fully authentic to the raptor grille. But I don't really care because I'm not trying to convince anyone my bronco is a raptor...I just love that black FORD grille look as opposed to the white Bronco lettering. And it sets the car apart from other Broncos. And I was also never a fan of the Big Bend grille.

I also swapped out my stock headlights for signature to complete the look I wanted.

View attachment 382897

Ford Bronco Raptor Grill lighting question PXL_20220830_105305876
Thanks for the feedback. I'm a mechanic so I'm pretty familiar with wiring and modifying things to make them fit. I have a Badlands, with the camera in the front, so trying to find a replacement grill that would bolt on the way I'd like it to but also has a provision for the camera has been tough. They have a grill on Amazon that looks kind of promising, but it doesn't have the cut out for the light. Do you think with all the modifications that you've made that the grill is where it needs to be and that it'll stay there for the long haul? And when you're right up close is it obvious that the grill was aftermarket or does it now blend well that you've made the modifications? I like the RTR grill but I'm not a huge fan of the vertical additional lights. I would just like something in flat black with better air flow that will allow me to use my factory camera.

adrencg

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I think it fits well after all the BS I went through...although I believe the gap around the sides (where the parking light is) might be just slightly more open than the stock grille fit. It's not enough of a gap difference to be that noticeable...but it is there. As far as material quality, it's no more or less sturdy than the stock grille which is basically just a piece of plastic. It's mounted well and isn't going anywhere.

SPVPARTS

Badlands
Lux Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
specialtyperformanceparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford Raptor/Bronco/Mach E
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Our Parking/Headlight adapter would actually have worked perfect for you so that you wouldn't need to tap the wire. I know you've already done that. I wish I could have helped sooner. However, for those who are doing this, here is a link. It was originally designed for backlights for fog, light bar, a-pillar, etc kits. We also made a break in it at the grille for some add on grille/marker lights we are working on. So for those trying to find a solution. I hope this helps.

https://specialtyperformanceparts.c...kers-spv-harness-system-works-w-many-vehicles

John

adrencg

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Our Parking/Headlight adapter would actually have worked perfect for you so that you wouldn't need to tap the wire. I know you've already done that. I wish I could have helped sooner. However, for those who are doing this, here is a link. It was originally designed for backlights for fog, light bar, a-pillar, etc kits. We also made a break in it at the grille for some add on grille/marker lights we are working on. So for those trying to find a solution. I hope this helps.

https://specialtyperformanceparts.c...kers-spv-harness-system-works-w-many-vehicles

John
Damn...would have been nice to know about the existence of that product.

niterider006

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Damn...would have been nice to know about the existence of that product.
Think that would be a bit overkill anyway. A 10 cent T-tap does the same job for $50 less.
Sponsored