swamp2

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
911 Carrera S / 4Runner TRD Pro
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
My guess is Broncos are sitting on lots and will get incentives (but small) in 2024
Raptor vs non Raptor? That's a fairly bold prediction for Raptor. I disagree, but let's have a friendly bet on it (if you mean Raptor).
Sponsored

voxel

Heritage
First Name
Nelson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mach-E 4X, 23 GC Limited
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Raptor vs non Raptor? That's a fairly bold prediction for Raptor. I disagree, but let's have a friendly bet on it (if you mean Raptor).
Raptor no. Probably MSRP only.

Outer Banks, Wildtrack, Badlands… yes. Some weirdly config-ed trims are not desirable and Ford has priced a niche vehicle what a practical near luxury SUV should cost. Families aren’t shelling out $62K for a Badlands when that’s a top trim Grand Highlander or mid trim Sequoia. That’s also $10K over a Telluride or Palisades. Bronco is an amazing off-roader but too compromised as a daily. It’s a good 2nd or 3rd vehicle. Exactly right for me but definitely would not recommend as a primary family SUV.

RAR13

Raptor
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco/Chevy Traverse
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
24s are going to be expensive when the MSRP is near 100k. once 22/23s clear out prices are going to trend up specially since they are not building any during the strike.
Average for new might trend slightly up but the increased production of Braptors and the unignorable economic issues won't make them affordable. Ford will just cut back production to ensure they maintain value. Used prices are dropping quickly, and people trying to get new 24 prices for their used ones are learning quickly they are not selling.

OP
OP
swamp2

swamp2

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Largely agree with the above @voxel (less the part about the Bronco being compromised as a daily). However, the thread and forum section is Raptor, so let's focus there.

RAR13

Raptor
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I don't understand the BRaptor MSRP pricing. I can get a new F150 Raptor for less. The new Ranger Raptor is $20k+ less MSRP.
Good luck getting RR for less than a 10k ADM. I am on the Ranger6G forum and I have a RR reservation. The two vehicles share a similar frame and engine, that's about it.

Sponsored

roadsterlife

Raptor
First Name
Freddy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Raptor, Miata, BRZ
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
So, you are actively in the market now? Not sure I could stomach current MSRP. Mine is stuck on the line at MAP...
I bought one month ago today actually. It was a little earlier 2023 build date but still eye wateringly painful to sign those papers that day haha

Silver-Bolt

Wildtrak
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor, 2020 Audi SQ5, 2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Good luck getting RR for less than a 10k ADM. I am on the Ranger6G forum and I have a RR reservation. The two vehicles share a similar frame and engine, that's about it.
I am on my 3rd Raptor and never buy the first year for exactly that reason. If I do decide to order a RR my dealer will do it at MSRP. Three Raptors and a Bronco Wildtrak were all ordered and delivered at MSRP.

The BR and RR share more than you think. Lots of the interior share the same parts. Not 100% sure on the diffs and axles but it would make sense that they are also the same.

Hopefully the economy changes direction soon so automakers will continue to make fun vehicles like these.

RAR13

Raptor
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I am on my 3rd Raptor and never buy the first year for exactly that reason. If I do decide to order a RR my dealer will do it at MSRP. Three Raptors and a Bronco Wildtrak were all ordered and delivered at MSRP.

The BR and RR share more than you think. Lots of the interior share the same parts. Not 100% sure on the diffs and axles but it would make sense that they are also the same.

Hopefully the economy changes direction soon so automakers will continue to make fun vehicles like these.
My dealer has mine at MSRP too. I was also the first on their waitlist, expected delivery to customers for the first round of RR is April-May. The first run of 24 Rangers, including Raptors, has been pushed about 45 days. They did manage to get their demo models off the line the week before the shutdown.

This will be my first Raptor, I have been waiting nearly a decade to be financially stable enough to buy one. I refuse to finance a vehicle.

Cactus Jack

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I remember when they were on BaT selling for 120K last November. That was nuts!

Purchased mine in November ‘22 at MSRP for 72. To purchase the same configuration today (less than one year later) it would be 92.

I’m guessing Ford figured out they undervalued Bronco Raptor, so they raised prices accordingly.

The crazy market is finally normalizing.
  1. The lowest price Raptor just sold for $80k on Bring a Trailer. It was a '22 EG with 10k miles. MSRP was $80k. The pricing history/trend made sense less the very odd behavior in the prior 3-4 months. See chart. Also, for those not familiar, an auction at this price has $5k in BaT fees added to be paid by buyer.
  2. There are now almost 900 new Raptors and about 250 used on AutoTrader. The lowest
  3. Obviously borrowing is also expensive now.
  4. Price reductions for used Raptors (as you can see on cars.com) like the one below are common - on the market for 3+ months, $10k in steady, incremental price drops.
Who is actively in the market? Who is strategically waiting for further softening?

Screen Shot 2023-10-05 at 4.56.35 PM.png

Screen Shot 2023-10-05 at 5.11.10 PM.png

Last edited:
OP
OP
swamp2

swamp2

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I’m guessing Ford figured out they undervalued Bronco Raptor, so they raised prices accordingly.
If you haven't been following it, FMC has had about 6 price increases since launch. IIRC one alone was $5k. Digits have reversed since launch, $68k vs $86k base MSRP. They obviously followed and took a big chunk of the ADM market.

Sponsored

Cactus Jack

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I configured my exact same build on Ford’s 2024 b&p and it showed just under $92K.

No doubt they took away from ADM market. Ford is offering a vehicle in a segment that none of the other manufacturers can compete with. Raptor vehicles are in a league of their own.

Ram gave it their best shot with the TRX, but they just can’t handle the same off road jumps a Raptor can.

If you haven't been following it, FMC has had about 6 price increases since launch. IIRC one alone was $5k. Digits have reversed since launch, $68k vs $86k base MSRP. They obviously followed and took a big chunk of the ADM market.

FLSTFI Dave

Raptor
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Grand Sport, Carbon 65, 2017 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Will be interesting to see what happens in 2024. Interest rates are up, makes buying a Raptor more expensive unless your paying cash. The dollar is worth less than it was 2~3nyears ago. People have less discretionary spending power.

Our government spending is out of control. Its going to get worse. Inflation will continue and I believe we will go into a recession in 2024. If we do go into recession the Bronco and Raptor will sell at MSRP, or under. They may well see incentives.

In my opinion the Braptor was worth MSRP in 22 when I bought mine. I love it, but interior quality is not that of a 70K vehicle. Current MSRP, not sure I would purchase again at MSRP. It is the most fun 4 wheel vehicle I have ever bought.

OP
OP
swamp2

swamp2

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
New '23 Raptor, listed for $5k under MSRP. First I've ever seen for a new one listed for under MSRP.
Sponsored