Sponsored

Rattling noise from cargo area everytime I hit a bump?

BanksBadlands

Everglades
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Everglades
Your Bronco Model
Everglades
Clubs

Looking to see if anyone has the similar issue as me. Anytime i hit the smallest of bumps in the road i get this awful plastic rattling noise coming from the cargo aera. From the sounds seems to be the back right passenger side. I've tried to tape it down but no luck. hoping to find a solution because its annoying as hell for a 50K vehicle.

Many thanks.
Sponsored

TavisB

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 ManSquatch, 10 F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I get that sometimes too. Haven't figured it out yet.

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Looks like you have a soft top? On the hardtop the weatherstripping at bottom of lift gate glass can make a horrible noise, but thatā€™s more of a squeak. Like a case of water bottles is back there squeaking around.

I also have the rattle on bumps periodically, Iā€™m leaning towards the tailgate latch myself, but itā€™s hard to pinpoint since it seems to come and go on mine.

TavisB

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 ManSquatch, 10 F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I was thinking maybe the rear seatbelt slapping the plastic but I haven't tested that idea yet.

OP
OP
BanksBadlands

BanksBadlands

Everglades
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Everglades
Your Bronco Model
Everglades
Clubs

Iā€™ll duck tape it down and see what happens!

Sponsored

ahunter2

Badlands
First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If itā€™s a hardtop, I have the same issue. Itā€™s where the hard top meets the rear panel on the truck and the fit is too tight. Thereā€™s a service bulletin out there for it

WheelMe

Badlands
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands Sasquatch 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It may be worth having someone else drive, and you sit in the back seat to see if you can pinpoint the noise. If it's a hardtop-too-tight issue, how about applying some vaseline on the rubber seal (periodically)?

mikelicalsi

Big Bend
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Mine rattles sometimes back there too and I canā€™t figure it out but definitely sounds like a plastic-type of rattle on some bumps and it sound like itā€™s coming from rear cargo passenger side. Mine is a ā€˜21 soft top (4 door)

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Mine rattles sometimes back there too and I canā€™t figure it out but definitely sounds like a plastic-type of rattle on some bumps and it sound like itā€™s coming from rear cargo passenger side. Mine is a ā€˜21 soft top (4 door)
Good morning! If you are able to send over a private message with your VIN and dealership info, I'd be happy to look into this for you.

DooleySD

Badlands
First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands, manual, high package
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm having the same thing and the noise drives me bananas. Only happens on the smallest of bumps and is inconsistent. Tried the ride in the back a few weeks ago but could not pin point. Was thinking cross member of roof or speaker pod area. Brought to the dealer. They didn't even seem to address it or my windows that don't index correctly. I did notice in really cold weather the noise seems to change. Wondering if it is related to flexing cheap plastic in that rear passenger side quarter panel.

Sponsored

Broncoblk23

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Prob the little steel ball inside the rear passenger seatbelt assembly. It sits in plastic and rattles with bumps and music. I donā€™t think anyone has come up with a fix yet.

jgas5689

Base
First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 ford bronco base
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

My 2 door Bronco started doing the same thing I finally Removed the top when I did this the rattle was gone I think it's in the back glass

iBrad81

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thought I was going insane, mine just started this, 2500 miles and itā€™s already a rattle can, Ford quality I guess is the answer

Joez60421

Black Diamond
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fleet of Toyota 4runners and Land Cruisers
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Noticed ours has developed the rattle over bumps back there as well. 8k miles now, will point it out to the dealer when I take it in for service, and to have the transmission and passenger seats looked at

mikelicalsi

Big Bend
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I have a ā€˜21 soft-top 4-door and Iā€™m 90% sure mine is coming from the passenger back corner where the back plastic window attaches. I canā€™t figure out why it rattles on that side but if you stand outside the car and push on that soft top back window, you can hear the plastic whines/pops a bit if you push on it. Itā€™s definitely annoying.
Sponsored