Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Braptor, Audi, M1102 Overland Trailer 2-B
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I have these also!
20230115_142934.jpg
Hey, I'm having a hard time finding the beveled washers you installed. Could you send me a link or the description of them. Thank you....

Barny227

Wildtrak
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 wrangler jk
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Yeah my Engine skid and Cross skids took about 2 weeks to deliver. They are a great company, no doubt. Their stuff is solid. My Engine skid slammed into a massive rock in the middle of a trail a few months ago and it punched a hole in the plate. I was going about 35mph or so. I hit it hard enough that the front of my Bronco went up and then down, slid back towards the rear diff skid and bounced off that. lol.....the RCI skid TOTALLY saved me. Had that been the stock skid, I would have had damage for sure.
Based on what?

If you're hitting things at 35 mph then you're blasting pretty damn hard on a trail (assuming baja style), and that sort of impact will simply shock load into the frame. It's enough force to bend bumpers or skids alike.

Personally I doubt it would have punctured the stock skid. Bent it up pretty good, sure, but they take a hell of a beating and deform naturally.

Ford Bronco {thread} {filename}

omi205

Badlands
First Name
BoJack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have these also!
What was your thought process on not going powder coat? Interested on how you made that decision as i am planning to go all rci under coverage but going back and forth between steel vs aluminum.

Sponsored

Gtrekker

Wildtrak
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Braptor, Audi, M1102 Overland Trailer 2-B
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

OP
OP
SROC3

SROC3

Big Bend
First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco 2022
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Based on what?

If you're hitting things at 35 mph then you're blasting pretty damn hard on a trail (assuming baja style), and that sort of impact will simply shock load into the frame. It's enough force to bend bumpers or skids alike.

Personally I doubt it would have punctured the stock skid. Bent it up pretty good, sure, but they take a hell of a beating and deform naturally.

Hmmm......well, if the RCI plate is 3/16 inch steel got punctured - and the stock skid was considerably lighter and thinner than that.......Ummmmm.....

tdiddy

Black Diamond
First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Ford F150, 2012 Ford Focus
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Hey, I'm having a hard time finding the beveled washers you installed. Could you send me a link or the description of them. Thank you....
Search for Rock Hard 4x4™ "Rock Dome" Tapered Bolt Head Protector for Skid Plate Systems - Large

tdiddy

Black Diamond
First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
What was your thought process on not going powder coat? Interested on how you made that decision as i am planning to go all rci under coverage but going back and forth between steel vs aluminum.
Why would I paint something that is going to get jacked up sliding across Rocks. I live in the rust belt and went with aluminum because it won't rust and it's lighter than steel

omi205

Badlands
First Name
BoJack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Why would I paint something that is going to get jacked up sliding across Rocks. I live in the rust belt and went with aluminum because it won't rust and it's lighter than steel
Got it. I was more so going for the thought process on steal vs aluminum. Was that thought process strictly on weight savings, as it's a considerable amount of added weight going steal but some would argue the added strength is worth the added weight? I am also leaning alumiunum raw.

Sponsored

ScLeCo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Charger Hellcat
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Raw aluminum doesn't slide on rocks as well as steel. Adding the plastic coating works really well but then you're close to the weight of steel and at double or triple the cost.

tdiddy

Black Diamond
First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Got it. I was more so going for the thought process on steal vs aluminum. Was that thought process strictly on weight savings, as it's a considerable amount of added weight going steal but some would argue the added strength is worth the added weight? I am also leaning alumiunum raw.
I have a Black Diamond so my truck came with the steel skids. I removed all the OEM skids except the fuel tank skid and replaced with raw Aluminum because I gained coverage, it won't rust, and I needed any weight savings I could get. My Bronco is built for Overlanding and when fully loaded for a trip I'm over GVWR.

GroovyGeek

Black Diamond
First Name
Boyan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Anyone know if these are compatible with the ASFIR transmission skid? I don't do heavy crawling so I need the tranny skid mostly for peace of mind, like that the ASIF one does not reduce clearance. However their cross-member skids are somewhat of a head scratcher, with those logo cutouts right in the skid area, waiting to catch on something. Was contemplating combining their tranny skid with the RCI crossmember skids.
Sponsored