Cliff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Amen. Perfect arms reaching out to grab ****.
Yeah I'm not sure what they were thinking when they designed it, because that was likely the worst option on their list of possible brace designs. When I get around to making mine I'll post up a DIY thread for anyone interested.

Just another option- Next Venture Motorsports with UHMW. I have been very pleased. I have the front bash plate all the way through the fuel tank covered. My UHMW has definitely been used to skid over obstacles
UHMW is a fantastic material to line a skid with, makes a huge difference over obstacles and allows the use of aluminum as a backing material to save weight.

OP
OP
Bronc6g22

Bronc6g22

Badlands
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda 6, Tacoma TRDOR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just another option- Next Venture Motorsports with UHMW. I have been very pleased. I have the front bash plate all the way through the fuel tank covered. My UHMW has definitely been used to skid over obstacles
Those are nice and probably worth the price tag. A little rich for me. Would be nice if they had a steel option.

Mlarv

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco/ 2022 F150/ 1968 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Before I climb under my Badlands SAS with full factory skids. Is my cross member covered with a skid or not? If not will the RCI work with the factory skids?

OP
OP
Bronc6g22

Bronc6g22

Badlands
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda 6, Tacoma TRDOR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Before I climb under my Badlands SAS with full factory skids. Is my cross member covered with a skid or not? If not will the RCI work with the factory skids?
Our "full skids" do not cover the cross members (2.7 only) or transmission pan. RCI cross member and trans skids work with the OEM skids.

Sponsored

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
UHMW is a fantastic material to line a skid with, makes a huge difference over obstacles and allows the use of aluminum as a backing material to save weight.
How well is the UHMW holding up on regular sized vehicles? I did a quick search on YouTube to find some examples of usage and durability on rocks, but seemed like most uses of the material were on those smaller UTV 4 wheeler type vehicles.

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

These are actually partially exposed on the braptors also just not near as bad, but you can run the individual plates on them for the section that is exposed.

01tundra

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Toyota Tacoma / 2021 Nissan Titan XD
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Not covered from the factory. They will fit, this is them on our Badlands -

O8MAgFg.jpg

Mlarv

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Not covered from the factory. They will fit, this is them on our Badlands -

Ford Bronco Trail Damage - 2.7 Cross Member O8MAgF
Thanks I just ordered the Tranny, fuel tank and cross member skids. they are having a 15% or 20% off if you spend $1000 or more. It covered the cost of shipping and a little extra.

broadicustomworks

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Z71, 06 VTX1300, 94 Cobra, 21 BL Bronco 4dr.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

How well is the UHMW holding up on regular sized vehicles? I did a quick search on YouTube to find some examples of usage and durability on rocks, but seemed like most uses of the material were on those smaller UTV 4 wheeler type vehicles.
Mine is holding up great so far.
I just did UHMW inserts on mine vs. more skid protection on the braces.
1/2" thick, no issues.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Bronc6g22

Bronc6g22

Badlands
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda 6, Tacoma TRDOR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks I just ordered the Tranny, fuel tank and cross member skids. they are having a 15% or 20% off if you spend $1000 or more. It covered the cost of shipping and a little extra.
The Badlands one-piece fuel skid is actually pretty great. Solid and I've had the weight of the vehicle on it. The RCI (and most other aftermarket) are two piece skids. I don't have 1st hand experience with them but read that they bend/fail at the joint. That's the only reason I skipped the fuel tank skid.

broadicustomworks

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Z71, 06 VTX1300, 94 Cobra, 21 BL Bronco 4dr.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Mlarv

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The Badlands one-piece fuel skid is actually pretty great. Solid and I've had the weight of the vehicle on it. The RCI (and most other aftermarket) are two piece skids. I don't have 1st hand experience with them but read that they bend/fail at the joint. That's the only reason I skipped the fuel tank skid.
I checked Fords website and it said the front and engine is considered the full set. If the fuel tank is covered then I will cancel that part of my order.

It's raining pretty hard out right now or I would go look. It stopped raining, and just looked, I guess I should have looked before I ordered. Now I hope I cancel that part of the order.

Last edited:

murphtron

Badlands
First Name
T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands, 2013 Toyota Highlander, 2000 Miata
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs