Douglas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Highlander
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I been following this thread and waiting to buy this rack. I was also planning to get the jcr hardtop support bracket as well. Will see if more people start to report this. Thanks for sharing.
Sponsored

dmarked00

Badlands
First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 4 Door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I been following this thread and waiting to buy this rack. I was also planning to get the jcr hardtop support bracket as well. Will see if more people start to report this. Thanks for sharing.
So the JCR support bracket is compatible with the RCI rack?

doyouglas

Black Diamond
First Name
Douglas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Highlander
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

So the JCR support bracket is compatible with the RCI rack?
It's a bracket that sits on the rear roll bar and connects to the rear hard top that take the weight load off. Watch the jcr install video and you'll get a better understanding. It works with any rack.

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
It's a bracket that sits on the rear roll bar and connects to the rear hard top that take the weight load off. Watch the jcr install video and you'll get a better understanding. It works with any rack.
Ugh. I debated installing this - but figured with the GFC Superlite - it was less of a concern. I’m planning on removing the tent this weekend. I’ll report back on if I notice any warping or damage to the roof from the outside.

Sponsored

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Looks like the JCR hardtop support bracket will definitely help that area that is sagging. Is the middle panel internal latches loose?
No, super tight. Not sure if that’s because it’s rubbing or due to the pressure.

saban

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
2 door and 4 door full length racks are under $1k with the 20% July 4th sale going on

dmarked00

Badlands
First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 4 Door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My order shipped just at six weeks from date of order. FedEx shows delivery by Thursday and it shipped on Monday. I’ll update when I receive it. ✌🏼

dmarked00

Badlands
First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 4 Door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My order shipped just at six weeks from date of order. FedEx shows delivery by Thursday and it shipped on Monday. I’ll update when I receive it. ✌🏼
My order arrived today, contacted customer service due to missing items and damage in shipping. Missing parts were shipped today, with more to follow on the damaged items.

bldavis11

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Looks like the JCR hardtop support bracket will definitely help that area that is sagging. Is the middle panel internal latches loose?
I also noticed that the middle panel no longer is parallel with the window.

IMG_4380.jpeg
That doesn't look terribly different from the pictures on the RCI website!

... the 4th image on this product page for example:
4 Door | Full Length Roof Rack | 21-Present Bronco - RCI Off Road (rcimetalworks.com)

Hmmmm.

Sponsored

Sardine

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Elantra N - 6 speed & 2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

How is RCI the only company that is able to have their wind deflector actually follow the line of the window? lol
Honestly the reason why I didn't want to get the Trailrax rack for mine. I hate the way it curves. When I asked them about it they gave me a slightly BS excuse for why it's curved. Now I see it was really BS after seeing this company was able to make it straight.

RC Bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Ford Bronco, '97 Geo Tracker
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

dmarked00

Badlands
First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 4 Door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My order arrived today, contacted customer service due to missing items and damage in shipping. Missing parts were shipped today, with more to follow on the damaged items.
So I received my shipment of my missing parts (essentially all of the nuts and bolts) that arrived within a week. I will note that there are some carriage bolts, 4 that are specifically for the wind deflector, and 14 that are dark, and were not listed on the inventory. These are apparently a revision to be used on the rear section brackets, but also for the filler plates installation. The filler plates adds rigidity to the rack and is advised for heavy loads, like a rooftop tent. Not installing them allows for the roof panels to be removed without taking the rack off. The problem is there wasn’t enough of these bolts to do both the rear brackets and filler plates; 8 short/missing in the hardware box. Another call to customer service and the remaining parts are on their way. I’m not installing the filler plates at this time anyway so no issue. I’ll post pictures soon.

dmarked00

Badlands
First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 4 Door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So I received my shipment of my missing parts (essentially all of the nuts and bolts) that arrived within a week. I will note that there are some carriage bolts, 4 that are specifically for the wind deflector, and 14 that are dark, and were not listed on the inventory. These are apparently a revision to be used on the rear section brackets, but also for the filler plates installation. The filler plates adds rigidity to the rack and is advised for heavy loads, like a rooftop tent. Not installing them allows for the roof panels to be removed without taking the rack off. The problem is there wasn’t enough of these bolts to do both the rear brackets and filler plates; 8 short/missing in the hardware box. Another call to customer service and the remaining parts are on their way. I’m not installing the filler plates at this time anyway so no issue. I’ll post pictures soon.
I also forgot to mention that I opted for a $150 credit for the minor scratches on my parts rather than experiencing delays to exchange parts.

Bingham23

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I spoke with RCI customer support and they said their Bronco is having a similar roof issue. They mailed me some rubber blocks to put in between the roll bar and roof panel latch as a short term fix. Their engineers are looking into the problem and hope to resolve it with updated rear mounts/clamps. I chose to run my factory roof rack until they come out with a more permanent solution. Customer support was very helpful and understanding, I hope they can get this figured out soon!
Sponsored