Duane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Big Bend 4-door Soft Top
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I have a Big Bend with the standard bumpers, Aux switches, and soft top.

I often carry bikes on the back and return to the car after dark. I'd like to be able to light up the rear area to provide some help in racking the bikes, etc. The Bronco Sport is great for this with bright lights shining down from the lift gate. Any ideas for the Bronco? Obviously the lights cannot be mounted very high. I'd like them to work off the Aux switch.

Thanks for any ideas!
Sponsored

EquusBronsis

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Porsche Macan GTS
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I mounted a Rigid SR-M Flood under the rear bumper. I used a 5/8" "Winged" toggle bolt with spacers into a hole in the steel crossmember. Throws out a lot of light, and bright. In fact I keep the cover on so I won't turn it on with "trailgaters". While wiring it, I also ran another wire to acc. switches for an LED trunk light. It's peel and stick so you can pretty much mount it anywhere.

Here is a link to video showing amount of light and the difference between, spot and flood.

IMG_0272.jpg

IMG_0273.jpg

IMG_0275.jpg

EquusBronsis

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Porsche Macan GTS
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
PS-There are some spare tire mount LED's out there if having the light higher up would work better for you.

OP
OP
DDGator

DDGator

Big Bend
First Name
Duane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

That is interesting. Thanks. Where do you pick up the pre-wire for the Aux switch in the rear?

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Check out my build thread in my signature. I just added a simple rear lighting solution that might work for you. It’s on the last page of the thread.

Sponsored

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Raptor & 2021 Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I have a Big Bend with the standard bumpers, Aux switches, and soft top.

I often carry bikes on the back and return to the car after dark. I'd like to be able to light up the rear area to provide some help in racking the bikes, etc. The Bronco Sport is great for this with bright lights shining down from the lift gate. Any ideas for the Bronco? Obviously the lights cannot be mounted very high. I'd like them to work off the Aux switch.

Thanks for any ideas!
Go with our Baja Designs reverse kit. It acts as a reverse kit when you go into reverse. But you can also turn them on from an upfitter as well if you need additional light. Best part is it acts as part of the "zone lighting" since that uses the rear reverse lights as a "zone" so you could turn them on from the Ford app

https://www.4x4truckleds.com/2021-ford-bronco-reverse-light-kit-w-baja-designs/

OP
OP
DDGator

DDGator

Big Bend
First Name
Duane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Go with our Baja Designs reverse kit. It acts as a reverse kit when you go into reverse. But you can also turn them on from an upfitter as well if you need additional light. Best part is it acts as part of the "zone lighting" since that uses the rear reverse lights as a "zone" so you could turn them on from the Ford app

https://www.4x4truckleds.com/2021-ford-bronco-reverse-light-kit-w-baja-designs/
This looks great! Can you share the install instructions so I can be sure I'm up to it? This stuff is kind of new to me.

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Raptor & 2021 Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

This looks great! Can you share the install instructions so I can be sure I'm up to it? This stuff is kind of new to me.
I don't have them available.

You basically bolt the light on using our bolt on bracket.
Then run the harness along the chasis up to your upfitters.

That'll let you turn it on from an upfitter. You can also use the included t-tap and tap into the reverse circuit at your tail light to have them turn on automatically (remove tail light, tap onto the wire using the provided wire which has a vampire style clamp on it)
Sponsored