Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I just read a post of a member mounting a pair of lights to the trailer hitch, and it got me thinking: What are some other mounting options? Not looking for any aftermarket bumpers or cutting into the factory bumper. Anyone come up with some good ideas? Pictures are helpful too.

Anyone remove the rear tow hooks and mounted there?

Thanks!
Sponsored

WuNgUn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

OP
OP
604Bronco

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

mtap

Black Diamond
First Name
Mervin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tundra, Hummer H3, Harley Sportster
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

This will be a modular mount..left/right bracket. There will be a bar across the back that you can mount lights. The bar will be adjustable in height. And since it will be a bar, you can also adjust the lights closer/further from the spare. The lip on top of the bracket will have holes for GMRS/CB antenna or trail flag..

27579E44-6958-4D8C-B1D1-DA1AE016AC33.jpeg

5736CD38-94B3-4F0B-9314-5DC6B63C8F12.jpeg

4547557E-8C6A-4DB2-9599-D8025F0BBA5B.jpeg

OP
OP
604Bronco

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This will be a modular mount..left/right bracket. There will be a bar across the back that you can mount lights. The bar will be adjustable in height. And since it will be a bar, you can also adjust the lights closer/further from the spare. The lip on top of the bracket will have holes for GMRS/CB antenna or trail flag..

Ford Bronco Rear Lighting Placement Ideas? 4547557E-8C6A-4DB2-9599-D8025F0BBA5B

Love it! I assume you made the brackets yourself? Could also be a good option to mount even some Rigid SR-2’s or something small/discrete. Thanks for sharing this.

Sponsored

paperboy

Badlands
First Name
Nelson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Passport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I just read a post of a member mounting a pair of lights to the trailer hitch, and it got me thinking: What are some other mounting options? Not looking for any aftermarket bumpers or cutting into the factory bumper. Anyone come up with some good ideas? Pictures are helpful too.

Thanks!
I guess you're looking for a new project! I think remember you saying in your build journal that you were not considering a rear light? I know, I know, none of us can be held to anything we say when it comes to mods. I change my mind daily.

Seriously, I will follow this thread as I am also looking for ideas. I always thought I would just drill a hole on the rear bumper and mount a light there (old-school I guess). But I'm always looking for new ideas. I would have never thought of @hollapm idea in his recent thread.

Cheers.

OP
OP
604Bronco

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I guess you're looking for a new project! I think remember you saying in your build journal that you were not considering a rear light? I know, I know, none of us can be held to anything we say when it comes to mods. I change my mind daily.

Seriously, I will follow this thread as I am also looking for ideas. I always thought I would just drill a hole on the rear bumper and mount a light there (old-school I guess). But I'm always looking for new ideas. I would have never thought of @hollapm idea in his recent thread.

Cheers.
Ha, I do change my mind from time to time. I won’t do it if I can’t come up with a good solution; it’s more of a “nice to have” vs. a must.

OP
OP
604Bronco

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I just mounted mine today, used holes in the Curt hitch. I had a piece of aluminum Chanel left over from a bed cover.
Ford Bronco Rear Lighting Placement Ideas? 3A0546D8-A8B0-4712-9E7C-AC7BA0A261C0
That looks great - Discrete, simple - Well done! This is another great contender!

paperboy

Badlands
First Name
Nelson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Passport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I just mounted mine today, used holes in the Curt hitch. I had a piece of aluminum Chanel left over from a bed cover.
Ford Bronco Rear Lighting Placement Ideas? 3A0546D8-A8B0-4712-9E7C-AC7BA0A261C0
Agreed. Very nice and discreet. Could you please share a zoomed-in photo with a description of your wiring route?
Thanks

Sponsored
OP
OP
604Bronco

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Agreed. Very nice and discreet. Could you please share a zoomed-in photo with a description of your wiring route?
Thanks
The only downside on this setup is the factory tow hitch has the power plugs on the left. I‘m sure something similar could be done, but it’d have to be slightly different.

I’ve got an email out to see how much it’d be to go with the recessed spare tire mounting route. Hopefully it works out!

Biggwrm

First Edition
First Name
Orran
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Thanks
Yea I'll take another pic tomorrow. I haven't wired it up yet tho. Mounted front and rear today, I'll have to see when I have time to wire them.
Being I don't have tow wiring I have to find where to tap the reverse signal and run to the upfitters

MarkusBigBucks

Badlands
First Name
Markus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Ford Superduty 7.3 PSD, 2017 Ford Escape.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Thanks!
Ford Bronco Rear Lighting Placement Ideas? 3BFE50B8-18CE-41E0-8EBE-170EF1F8C4D6
Ford Bronco Rear Lighting Placement Ideas? 645873B9-FAA8-48BA-AFE2-9ED2A25AB21C

Sorry for snow but you get the idea, they are tied into the reverse light and upfitter switch. Still above recovery hooks . Tied into the reverse circuit inside the passenger quarter panel green and brown wire coming out of tailight , the upfitter switch wire Also inside the same panel, I believe it white and orange.
I wanted them spread out as far as possible for the widest angle possible. If you turn on zone lighting they will also come on.

Last edited:
OP
OP
604Bronco

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I like the look of this! Too bad I have the tow hitch there. Would likely look good with just one of these mounted just above that, under the spare tire on top of the bumper. Not sure I want to go that route, but just throwing the idea out there for others who may be looking for options.

Thanks for sharing this!
Sponsored