Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 HD 1200, '66 IH, '62 VW
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

3BFE50B8-18CE-41E0-8EBE-170EF1F8C4D6.jpeg
645873B9-FAA8-48BA-AFE2-9ED2A25AB21C.jpeg

Sorry for snow but you get the idea, they are tied into the reverse light and upfitter switch. Still above recovery hooks . Tied into the reverse circuit inside the passenger quarter panel green and brown wire coming out of tailight , the upfitter switch wire Also inside the same panel, I believe it white and orange.
I wanted them spread out as far as possible for the widest angle possible. If you turn on zone lighting they will also come on.
I’m installing a set tomorrow and plan to wire it the same way. Did you use a diode to prevent back feed into the system? When you hit the aux switch, do the factory reverse lights come on as well?
Sponsored

OP
OP
604Bronco

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’m installing a set tomorrow and plan to wire it the same way. Did you use a diode to prevent back feed into the system? When you hit the aux switch, do the factory reverse lights come on as well?
Share pictures here when you’re done installing them please!

MarkusBigBucks

Badlands
First Name
Markus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Ford Superduty 7.3 PSD, 2017 Ford Escape.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
yes, the lighting wireing harness had one built in. The lights will come on using the upfitter switch, and when you hit reverse and when you use zone lighting. Love it

here is a pointer, behind the roll bar on passenger side is small plastic cover , take it off first, take off the ties down covers all four, then the floor cover , the wire for the upfitter switch is below where the seat belt is. There are passage ways (2 of them) for running the wires out of the inside of the vehicle to underneath, I split my rubber plugs half way and put them back in after routing the wires thru the floor, they sealed back up real nice. You can tie in to the reverse light from same side by sub woofer, green and orange wire I believe coming out of the tailight harness. There are I believe 3 different types of clips holding the plastic quarter panel on , the white ones are like a button snap, Leave the white plastic connected to the truck, You will see what i mean. Any questions shoot a reply I will get a notification thru email. I will try to respond quickly. Good luck

Last edited:

MarkusBigBucks

Badlands
First Name
Markus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Ford Superduty 7.3 PSD, 2017 Ford Escape.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Share pictures here when you’re done installing them please!
Sorry I did not catch you asked me if the factory reverse lights come on too, yes they do factory reverse and the BD come on when you go into reverse, but only the BD come on when you hit the upfitter switch.

OP
OP
604Bronco

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So I was pondering this further, and was wondering what you folks think of this for a rear AUX light placement.

I was thinking something like a single Rigid Industries SR-Q Series Pro Flood. It would add some balance to the trailer wiring to the left; I'd look for something fairly similar in size to that and have it sit about the same placement as the trailer wiring, but on the right side.

Thoughts? Will this look stupid?'

Anyone that can do a Photoshop job here to place the SR-Q Pro flood light here, even if it's a rough job that's fine - It would help visualize it.

Ford Bronco Rear Lighting Placement Ideas? 32ABFF5B-1636-45D5-B1C7-EE50A8B6BF3D_1_201_a

Ford Bronco Rear Lighting Placement Ideas? B65F875A-57FD-489D-97F0-98DE76E877AF
Sponsored

Last edited: