First Name
Berry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I need help finding some suggestions. I have a 200w key installed and I want to upgrade the pods to allow larger speakers. I've also read that I may not need to configure the backs due to dsp but I'll ask the dealer if I do.

Any suggestions are appreciated.
Sponsored

Dan-O

Outer Banks
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I need help finding some suggestions. I have a 200w key installed and I want to upgrade the pods to allow larger speakers. I've also read that I may not need to configure the backs due to dsp but I'll ask the dealer if I do.

I know with 6 speaker base stereo the rear channels have a high pass filter applied to them from head unit. My dealer gave me the flash for rear JBL soundbar and that opened them to full range. Can be done with FORSCAN too but I’m trying to stay away from that due to my computer illiteracy!

OP
OP
BroncoBerry

BroncoBerry

Black Diamond
First Name
Berry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Does the sound bar attach to the top pillar and wires are routed from the old speaker to the sound bar? Also, yeah I'm not trying to spend the money to tweak the settings.

Dan-O

Outer Banks
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I am using Kicker Key 200 with upgraded speakers and it sounds great after a lot of trial and error with bass blockers and amp gain eq etc… I put the Mabett 6.5” pods in rear on 2dr. FYI as it has become a point of discussion, on my 2dr, I have them mounted with equal space to roll bar(pod cover parallel to roll bar), if the bottom of pod is closer to roll bar than top of pod, then the seatbelt plastic cover on shoulder mount will touch the pod. Even with mine spaced equally, if rear seat belt is worn the same top shoulder mount plastic will make contact with pod. I honestly do not see it as an issue though.

Dan-O

Outer Banks
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I didn’t get the actual soundbar, just the ACM flash to get full range. But I do believe it attaches to top of roll bar. I do know that it uses the existing pod speaker wires on each end of sound bar. It just blocks a major portion of rear view.

Sponsored

F OR D

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BD Green Machine
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I have a key and replaced all of speakers with polk db series, it sounds great. Going to swap the 4s with the IAG mount and Kicker 6.5s this weekend.

Note I added a HS10 so bass is good, so I can't comment on that for your setup.

I did try forscan full range and it doesn't matter with the key if you do the calibration. It will handle crossover and balance. I ended up going back to stock. When I tested without the key there was a slight improvement though.

The IAG is identical to Mabett so I'll let you know the difference.

Bschurr

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Braptor / 2023 Heritage LE / 2016 JKU
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Does the sound bar attach to the top pillar and wires are routed from the old speaker to the sound bar? Also, yeah I'm not trying to spend the money to tweak the settings.
The JBL Soundbar mounts with brackets that attach to the rear crossbar. The speaker pods are removed and the Soundbar is plug-n-play with the factory wire harnesses from the rear speakers.

OP
OP
BroncoBerry

BroncoBerry

Black Diamond
First Name
Berry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I am using Kicker Key 200 with upgraded speakers and it sounds great after a lot of trial and error with bass blockers and amp gain eq etc… I put the Mabett 6.5” pods in rear on 2dr. FYI as it has become a point of discussion, on my 2dr, I have them mounted with equal space to roll bar(pod cover parallel to roll bar), if the bottom of pod is closer to roll bar than top of pod, then the seatbelt plastic cover on shoulder mount will touch the pod. Even with mine spaced equally, if rear seat belt is worn the same top shoulder mount plastic will make contact with pod. I honestly do not see it as an issue though.
I'll check these out. Thanks for the tip, I also need the the belts have clearance so I'll keep that in mind.

1st 75th ranger

Black Diamond
First Name
jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 ford bronco bd 4 dr sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

i went co axle alpines in factory pods

CUZICAN

Wildtrak
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
With the key 200.4 you don't need the reflash, but there is a down side to not getting it. I chose not to get the reflash and have kicker 6.75" coax in the mabbett pods and they sound great, but I lost the ability to fade front to rear from the head unit. The 200.4 has the option to bi-amp via the dip switches. If you turn this on, it uses the signal from the front speakers for all speakers, but you have to set your front/rear fade using the gains on the amp and the radio fader will no longer function.

Sponsored
OP
OP
BroncoBerry

BroncoBerry

Black Diamond
First Name
Berry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I'm guessing I could do this with the stock rears? (Bi amp with the switches). I think you don't want to do that if you have an amp? I don't. I don't use the equalizer except to tell how crappy the rears are

mig1980

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Corvette Z06
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Does anyone know if adding poly fill or boom mats to a set of Mabett speaker pods would help audio quality for a pair of Kicker 6.5 KS?

Bronceaux

Base
First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Base Sasquatch, Chevrolet Z71
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Does anyone know if adding poly fill or boom mats to a set of Mabett speaker pods would help audio quality for a pair of Kicker 6.5 KS?
I have the SSV Works pods I will install this weeked. I did speak with a stereo company at the Bronco Stampede in the Smokies a couple of weeks ago. They indicated that they put poly fill in them, if that helps.

FDHog

Badlands
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Lariat FX4, 22 Road Glide ST
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I just put the SSV pods in today with MTX Thunders. They sound like crap. No volume. If I put the Kicker Key in, will I still be able to fade if I don't Bi Amp.

nametaken

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Bronco 2dr, 22 Model 3, 23 Frontier, Vanderhall
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
probably nothing you will notice, but if you are in there just add the poly it takes 2 seconds
I stuffed it in all the speakers that I swapped
Sponsored