Sponsored

Rear suspension harsh on SAS… any fixes?

Heckler

Wildtrak
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
The rear suspension on my 23 Wildtrack with the Hoss 3.0 Fox Shocks is super plush! I really want some lift but don’t want to loose the way these feel.

brkdncr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 86
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

My 2door wildtrak is a little harsh, feels like a truck. I added 150 lbs of water to the back and it was better. I suspect OP could add weight until they found the sweet spot.

Rferrara

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
tesla
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I just bought a set of Bilstein 6112 coil-overs for my 2 door Badlands. My Bronco exhibits a stiff, choppy ride on rough city streets. Based on my research the 6112 should provide a much nicer ride without the chop. Installation happens in a few weeks... i'll report back.
Hey, i wondering how (Bilstein 6112) this has helped the ride quality ?

SNOWOLF

Badlands
First Name
Brandie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I put my tire pressure down to 32 on my 2 door sas. Rides much better now. Plus the stock tires are awful anyways.....

Sponsored

MrBell

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2dr Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hey, i wondering how (Bilstein 6112) this has helped the ride quality ?
I'm ambivalent on the 6112 on my 2 door Badlands. I drove a 4 door with the 6112 and the ride quality was excellent, doing great job absorbing the poor road conditions without the choppy ride.

Can't say the ride is much better given the $3000 cost to swap out the suspensions. I also learned Bilstein does not make a rear coil for the 2 door. I ended up using the stock coil which is not great. I'm planning to research "softer" coils next year and see if there are any options. I'm having trouble finding good advice as it seems most folks prefer a stiffer ride and retailers cater to that.

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I'm ambivalent on the 6112 on my 2 door Badlands. I drove a 4 door with the 6112 and the ride quality was excellent, doing great job absorbing the poor road conditions without the choppy ride.

Can't say the ride is much better given the $3000 cost to swap out the suspensions. I also learned Bilstein does not make a rear coil for the 2 door. I ended up using the stock coil which is not great. I'm planning to research "softer" coils next year and see if there are any options. I'm having trouble finding good advice as it seems most folks prefer a stiffer ride and retailers cater to that.
Which is why some of us went the route of the Ford Performance 2" lift which is essentially non-adjustable Bilstein 6100s. They are specifically tuned for 2-dr.

Ford Bronco Rear suspension harsh on SAS… any fixes? FP Bilstein Shock

MrBell

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2dr Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Which is why some of us went the route of the Ford Performance 2" lift which is essentially non-adjustable Bilstein 6100s. They are specifically tuned for 2-dr.

Ford Bronco Rear suspension harsh on SAS… any fixes? FP Bilstein Shock
Are the coils sold separately?

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Are the coils sold separately?
No. They are fully assembled units and tuned specifically for the 2-dr. There is also the same FP Bilsteins for the 4-dr with a different part number. The trade-off is that they are non-adjustable. But when you read of others installing the 6112's, they are rarely going back in to readjust a clip setting. There is also the Ford Performance "tax". But it is worth it to find a solution specifically tuned for the 2-dr.
Sponsored