Binky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

The mirror cam you are showing is 4k front and 2k rear. I guess you could mount it near on top of the backup light or just replace the backup camera with it. Why have both?. I agree with others though that say use the side mirrors, but to each their own.
I just used that product for an example ... its not the one i want .... I don't want 2 cameras! the car comes with one for going in reverse and that's when it comes on, but i want the mirror camera always ON

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I dont have those skills .... a lifetime of using the center rear view mirror, along with the side mirrors
You should get those skills. Using your brain to put together everything around you is a very safe way to drive. Truckers are trained to to do alot of things like checking each mirror 3 times for every intersection all while shifting gears and planning the next intersection. Its alot of work but it keeps you and everyone one else safe.

OP
OP
buzpro

buzpro

Outer Banks
First Name
Binky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

You should get those skills. Using your brain to put together everything around you is a very safe way to drive. Truckers are trained to to do alot of things like checking each mirror 3 times for every intersection all while shifting gears and planning the next intersection. Its alot of work but it keeps you and everyone one else safe.
that's funny .... i got the idea from a friend who's been driving semis for 25 yrs, he installed one on his tractor and a removable wifi one on his trailer ..... he swears it makes life easier

OP
OP
buzpro

buzpro

Outer Banks
First Name
Binky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

that's funny .... i got the idea from a friend who's been driving semis for 25 yrs, he installed one on his tractor and a removable wifi one on his trailer ..... he swears it makes life easier

the good old days sucked, cuz the tech just wasn't there

Sponsored

John Bronco_ I am here

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
johnbronco.com
Vehicle(s)
'66 Bronco, '08 JK
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just use your sideview mirrors, and set your screen to the stock rearview camera. Problem solved. 😎
All of my newer, +2018, vehicles do not let you use the cameras, including the rearview, while driving. Has that changed?

John Bronco_ I am here

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
johnbronco.com
Vehicle(s)
'66 Bronco, '08 JK
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Your friend would be correct. I have a 42' enclosed gooseneck trailer that I use the Ford aux trailer camera with, definitely makes driving better in almost any situation.

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I'm not disabling the rear view camera thats connected to the touch screen on the Bronco .... I just want to see the cars behind me in traffic
As the Italian said in Cannonball Run, taking the rear view mirror off and throwing it away, "You don't need this. What's behind you is in the past." or something like that....

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I suppose after 25 years maybe he's tired of being at that high level of alertness. I was more thinking of if you train yourself to drive like that for a while. It will keep mental and occular muscles in shape for awesome driving in something as small as a Squatch!

Last edited:

CTS-V

First Edition
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cadillac CTS-V
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I agree with the OP. So many vehicles now come with the ability to have review camera vision on the review mirror.

On our road trips with the back of the Escalade packed with things all the way to the roof there is no visibility, so the rear view mirror camera is a really handy feature. Yes, I can use a side view mirror, but it doesn’t give you as much full visibility as a rear view mirror camera.

Sponsored
OP
OP
buzpro

buzpro

Outer Banks
First Name
Binky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

All of my newer, +2018, vehicles do not let you use the cameras, including the rearview, while driving. Has that changed?
no it hasn't changed .... that guy was just trying to be funny

OP
OP
buzpro

buzpro

Outer Banks
First Name
Binky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

As the Italian said in Cannonball Run, taking the rear view mirror off and throwing it away, "You don't need this. What's behind you is in the past." or something like that....
The Germans used to say the Italians invented the rear view mirror .... it was the only way they could see the enemy while running away

Chief1301

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford Mustang GT Premium; 1994 Bronco XLT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm not sure, and I wasn't aware of that. I can set the screen in my 2012 Mustang GT to the rearview camera. But it's an after-market Raxiom unit that I installed. I don't understand the reasoning of not being able to select the rearview camera on the screen display?

OP
OP
buzpro

buzpro

Outer Banks
First Name
Binky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I'm not sure, and I wasn't aware of that. I can set the screen in my 2012 Mustang GT to the rearview camera. But it's an after-market Raxiom unit that I installed. I don't understand the reasoning of not being able to select the rearview camera on the screen display?
its a safety issue .... they dont want you taking your eyes that far off the road for long periods
Sponsored