Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Badlands, 2021 Lincoln Corsair
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks for the photos! I haven't been worried about the rear visibility of the center mirror because I've been driving Jeeps and pickup trucks with stuff in the back for years. That mirror is not useful in almost any application I've had in a very long time. I just use the side-view mirrors unless I want to make sure my Yakima basket is still in place...

If I'm super paranoid, I just hit the rear camera. :)
Sponsored

OP
OP
Elmosaurus

Elmosaurus

Badlands
First Name
Elton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘23 Bronco 2dr BL & ‘22 Ranger SCrew Lariat Tremor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Another side thought. So, Ford figured this out for the Bronco Sport. Wth couldn’t they do the same thing for the full-size??
This approach would satisfy both crowds that want the max interior cargo space versus those that want a truly flat load floor for sliding things in. (The floor panel can sit in a groove to be completely horizontal with the seat ‘hump’ or can be placed at a slight incline in the top grooves for a load flat floor to allow objects to be slid all the way in)
Ford Bronco Visibility / rear view mirror measurements + lots of other pics/observations 491ABBC1-191D-4D01-ADBF-948C86BDF00E

Ford Bronco Visibility / rear view mirror measurements + lots of other pics/observations 3D0D5383-823D-4655-86FA-8EA845AAB350

Blksn955.o

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Ford Escape Ti, 94 Ford Mustang GT, 21 BL
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I am wondering if the reservoir if not pre production testing might be for assisted travel.

Total spitball guess but wonder if there is either some valving or simply the fluid flow resistance based on orientation. We have been lead to think the badlands has more flex/movement compared to the sasquatch optioned rigs. This orientation may be to account for more equal up and down travel where the Sasquatch could be limited in one of those directions as there have been comments about the 10mm bumpstop.

ryn0s3r1

Badlands
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Tundra 1794 Edition 4X4, 2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Will post more later but wanted to get these out there ASAP to help settle the visibility debates.

Not sure if it’s been documented but Mirror IS ABSOLUTELY adjustable up and down. There is the typical stem off the glass mount which pivots up or down, then the ball at the end that the mirror articulates on. Moving the stem upwards and the adjusting the mirror provides around an inch of additional clearance. If you go to an event or go for a test drive be sure to adjust before coming to any conclusions. I personally felt the visibility was fine, whether at maxed out seat height or lowest seat height. YMMV.

For any pictures that have the body of the tape measure included, the distance of the body adds 2.5” to what shows on the tape.

Ford Bronco Visibility / rear view mirror measurements + lots of other pics/observations 3D0D5383-823D-4655-86FA-8EA845AAB350

Thanks for the pics and dimensions. Quick question, do you think there’s enough room in the center console to ram mount the holster for your Sig? Big enough with the safe/lock box installed?

Sponsored
OP
OP
Elmosaurus

Elmosaurus

Badlands
First Name
Elton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Great photos, Elton. Your approach to photography is as extensive and detailed as mine is during an engine rebuild. Mad respect! 👏

As @Blksn955.o said, the crash bars are removed on the Sasquatch packaged trims for clearance of the 35” tires.

One other subtle difference between the two models photographed is the orientation of the external reservoir on the Bilstein shocks. On Badlands models with 33” tires (non-Sasquatch), the reservoir points up, but on vehicles with the Sasquatch package, the external reservoir points down, which may be related to the difference in lift.
I think what I meant to say was that the difference is only a bolted on extension. Therefore, anyone who upgrades tire size later can just unbolt the extension, so that piece is configured like a sas would be. 😁

OP
OP
Elmosaurus

Elmosaurus

Badlands
First Name
Elton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thanks for the pics and dimensions. Quick question, do you think there’s enough room in the center console to ram mount the holster for your Sig? Big enough with the safe/lock box installed?
I didn’t want to freak anyone out by unholstering in the driver seat since there were more people around. So unfortunately I didn’t get to test fit the Sig in the center console. I will say I’m very confident that the holstered pistol will fit in there. I can’t speak to what the locking unit will be like since they didn’t have it and there have been no photos showing the interior size of that locking unit that goes inside the center console.

The main glovebox is much larger and I think can easily swallow a full size pistols in a holster even with a mounted pistol light. So there will always be a lockable option for storage. It will just not necessarily be a reinforced locking storage like the one available for the center console.

BE5OME1

Base
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 F150 SXT 4x4, 1967 Mustang, 1975 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Great pictures, really appreciate the measurements of the rearview mirror as I plan on installing a dash cam/mirror combo until.
hope mine comes with that sweet Sig also

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think what I meant to say was that the difference is only a bolted on extension. Therefore, anyone who upgrades tire size later can just unbolt the extension, so that piece is configured like a sas would be. 😁
I know you were trying to emphasize that they were removable. I just wanted to clarify that they are crash bars, which are extensions off the frame, not the bumpers.

Ford Bronco Visibility / rear view mirror measurements + lots of other pics/observations FC5726BB-173B-4C83-A671-B8F2548FA478

Ford Bronco Visibility / rear view mirror measurements + lots of other pics/observations 7ADA7272-5AB9-4918-837A-17F711F80CA6

Bruno

Base
First Name
Bruno
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

@Elmosaurus
Thanks for getting a tape on there and confirming it has over an inch of vertical travel. Great pics. Its like we discover a new cool thing about the Bronco all the time!

Sponsored

lindertw

Base
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

thanks for the antenna pic, looks to be the same threaded stud size as my mustang. I plan to swap out the OE antenna for a 12" piece

Lab00Rat

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BL 2-Door, 2021 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Is it really that hard to stick a banana in the back pocket?

Size comparison with the Sig was alright, but details please. Obviously a conceal compact, but what cal, mag size, barrel length...? You know, the important stuff.

OP
OP
Elmosaurus

Elmosaurus

Badlands
First Name
Elton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Is it really that hard to stick a banana in the back pocket?

Size comparison with the Sig was alright, but details please. Obviously a conceal compact, but what cal, mag size, barrel length...? You know, the important stuff.
Sig P365XL is just the slightly larger framed version of the compact P365, which is one of the most, if not the most, popular compact defensive pistol of late. It's a 9mm caliber polymer framed striker pistol, with a generous magazine capacity of 12 rounds for standard magazines. (15 extended length mag is available also) :cool:

Full measurements and specs available here:
Sig P365XL

Got one for my wife, loved it so much, got myself one. It has taken over my daily carry slot, bumping out my P229 Legion SAO, and both 1911's I used to carry... 😁

Here’s some comparison of more commonly known objects in case someone is not familiar with how large that pistol actually is.

D91BD3FA-7194-49D2-9668-1F8FBCABBD8C.jpeg

3F9D0456-D57D-4E89-A64F-3AA9D266CB36.jpeg
Sponsored