Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford Mustang GT Premium; 1994 Bronco XLT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

its a safety issue .... they dont want you taking your eyes that far off the road for long periods
Understood, is that a Federal DOT law now?Maybe Bronco will be different, considering the cameras are used off-road? One of the Broncos selling points is the camera views when off-road. I don't think camera views will be disabled for on-road goat modes? I've seen a video showing the 360 overhead view while driving.

Check this out. There's hope.

https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1644570-2021-some-of-the-cameras-now-work-while-driving.html
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
buzpro

buzpro

Outer Banks
First Name
Binky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Understood, is that a Federal DOT law now?Maybe Bronco will be different, considering the cameras are used off-road? One of the Broncos selling points is the camera views when off-road. I don't think camera views will be disabled for on-road goat modes? I've seen a video showing the 360 overhead view while driving.
Its a GLOBAL law ..... every country around the world enforces it

Not sure but I think the 360 camera functionality is speed restricted .... again, not sure

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
I almost never use my rearview mirror. That's what side mirrors are for.

I once borrowed a car that didn't even have a rearview mirror and it took me two hours to notice.

OP
OP
buzpro

buzpro

Outer Banks
First Name
Binky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

ok, so far I've gotten 2 1/2 pages of NOTHING .... the question is: where to mount a rear view camera? if you can't make a suggestion or help please let this fkng thread DIE!

Oneand0

Badlands
First Name
Mario
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My boy Sammy will look out the back window for me and give me the ā€œwoofā€ all is clear! šŸ˜‚

Sponsored

John Bronco_ I am here

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
johnbronco.com
Vehicle(s)
'66 Bronco, '08 JK
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
^^^^^ Since the Bronco has not been released into the wild yet, and small companies have not been able to produce products for it, the following is only conjecture.

In some other world, that shall not be named, the center of the spare tire is a very popular place to mount the license plate and several companies have produced brackets to accomplish this. I personally use the bracket I have to mount the rear facing flood light. If you have noticed the Ford factory rear camera mount looks very dorky, if not just plain phallic. My best guess is these type brackets will be produced shortly, and it would be a place to mount your camera.

Fly by Nite

Base
First Name
Walt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 F-150 Nite, 2001 Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

.... the question is: where to mount a rear view camera?
The spare you pictured has plenty of room in the wheel opening 'spokes'. Just have to be careful when you R&R the spare.

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I agree with the OP. So many vehicles now come with the ability to have review camera vision on the review mirror.

On our road trips with the back of the Escalade packed with things all the way to the roof there is no visibility, so the rear view mirror camera is a really handy feature. Yes, I can use a side view mirror, but it doesnā€™t give you as much full visibility as a rear view mirror camera.
Yeah. I love the one on our Escalade. Itā€™s HD and gives a fantastic view. Itā€™s got to be dirt cheap to implement, I wish it was an option on the Bronco.

I realize it is not necessary to have a rear view mirror, for everyone chiming in with that comment.....but it is really nice to have. I would add one to the Bronco if I can figure a way to do it. I donā€™t think it can be mounted above the current camera, as then you couldnā€™t remove the spare. Someone will figure it out though...

Last edited:

dejones64

Black Diamond
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2-dr Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

ok, so far I've gotten 2 1/2 pages of NOTHING .... the question is: where to mount a rear view camera? if you can't make a suggestion or help please let this fkng thread DIE!
You'll figure it out once you get your hands on your Bronco and can investigate all the possibilities.

All my cars didn't have any camera of any kind, so I guess I don't know what I'm missing.

OP
OP
buzpro

buzpro

Outer Banks
First Name
Binky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Yeah. I love the one on our Escalade. Itā€™s HD and gives a fantastic view. Itā€™s got to be dirt cheap to implement, I wish it was an option on the Bronco.

I realize it is not necessary to have a rear view mirror, for everyone chiming in with that comment.....but it is really nice to have. I would add one to the Bronco if I can figure a way to do it. I donā€™t think it can be minted above the current camera, as then you couldnā€™t remove the spare. Someone will figure it out though...
Initially I thought above the spare was a good spot until I saw it in person ...... @Fly by Nite figured it out

The spare you pictured has plenty of room in the wheel opening 'spokes'. Just have to be careful when you R&R the spare.
THAT'S IT .... mount it behind the spare looking thru the spokes ....... that's the answer
.... EVERYTHING LOOKS SO EASY, ONCE YOUR GIVEN THE ANSWER!!

@Fly by Nite THANK YOU SO MUCH!! (y) (y) (y) :D:D:D Now i can design my bracket!
Sponsored