Sponsored

Reasonable to buy a bronco for sale at a dealership and then trade in once my actual order is built?

GritDoc

First Edition
First Name
Chase
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I’ve only been on the site for a little over a year and appreciate the input from you all.

With the recent news about the top recalls, would it be reasonable to buy a bronco for sale at a dealership and then trade in once my actual order is built? There’s a 4DrBB sas gray, and I have a 4Dr.LBFE ordered Even with this “guaranteed” it could be late December and I have a 04 Chevy that’s falling apart.
Sponsored

myrealname123

Badlands
First Name
Trent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’ve only been on the site for a little over a year and appreciate the input from you all.

With the recent news about the top recalls, would it be reasonable to buy a bronco for sale at a dealership and then trade in once my actual order is built? There’s a 4DrBB sas gray, and I have a 4Dr.LBFE ordered Even with this “guaranteed” it could be late December and I have a 04 Chevy that’s falling apart.
It's absolutely reasonable if that's what you want to do. I wouldn't trade it in though, sell it private party and get that $$$.

FATHORSE

Big Bend
First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
nissan
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

If you can afford it, knock yourself out! Nothing like getting in the club when the line wraps around the building. VIP!

OP
OP
GritDoc

GritDoc

First Edition
First Name
Chase
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

It's absolutely reasonable if that's what you want to do. I wouldn't trade it in though, sell it private party and get that $$$.
Thanks, that is true. I even thought about dropping the FE of the BB is great and waiting out for the 23 warthog.

Sponsored

Theherofails

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 e-tron Sportback, 2021 Bronco Badlands Sas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Its a smart play. Low APR financing right now is below the rate of inflation, so its basically free money. Get a sweet 2.9% and you are still 2-3% below the rate of inflation (5.9%).

Used car market is completely broken and people are getting above MSRP for used vehicles. This problem wont be solved anytime soon due to chip shortage lasting well into 2023.

The one risk is a major flaw is found in the Bronco that makes resell plummet. Doubtful. The MIC top fiasco, I think, will be the big flaw we find. The powertrain is all proven tech from the Ranger and other Ford vehicles.

Phil

Raptor
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Tesla Model 3 LR
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
listen to my guy right here this is the way to do it if you ready for a car now and can afford it then get it while its hot and value gonna stay high on these even with the top issues I seen another guy on here that had to reserves and got the first one and is going to drive it till the one he really wants is available with stick and sasquatch

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I actually just did this for similar reasons over the weekend. I'm keeping my order in and seeing what happens. I ordered a Wildtrak, but I just bought an Outer Banks. I'm keeping my truck to pull my vintage camping trailer. I just didn't want to keep putting the miles on it daily and risk a major issue so close to 200k.

Garemlin

Black Diamond
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
---
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
It's a risk. I don't care what other people think they know. There is no way to tell what the resale or trade in value on the Bronco will be a year from now. You could either make out like a fat rat. Or lose your ass.

Everyone swears how well Wrangler resale value is and how well they hold their value. I had a 2015 2 door Wrangler hardtop in yellow I bought used. The color with the best resale value. I was going to trade it in for a brand new 2017 Wrangler. KBB/NADA was around $30k. The dealer I bought it from would only give me $21k with no discount on the new one. Shopping around the best offer I got was $22500.

I have a feeling no matter how rare they still are the first run of Broncos may not hold their value very well with all of the already reported issues. And one's that haven't come to light yet. I may be wrong. I hope for the sake of current owners I'm wrong. But in all honesty no one can tell at this point.

Sponsored

rugbysecondrow

Black Diamond
First Name
Pauly P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 C-10 stepside
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I have a feeling no matter how rare they still are the first run of Broncos may not hold their value very well with all of the already reported issues. And one's that haven't come to light yet. I may be wrong. I hope for the sake of current owners I'm wrong. But in all honesty no one can tell at this point.
The echo chamber is really strong in the forum, so I wouldn't use anything you read here as a barometer of anything.

Supply and demand still reigns supreme, and I don't see that changing anytime soon.

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

It's a risk. I don't care what other people think they know. There is no way to tell what the resale or trade in value on the Bronco will be a year from now. You could either make out like a fat rat. Or lose your ass.

Everyone swears how well Wrangler resale value is and how well they hold their value. I had a 2015 2 door Wrangler hardtop in yellow I bought used. The color with the best resale value. I was going to trade it in for a brand new 2017 Wrangler. KBB/NADA was around $30k. The dealer I bought it from would only give me $21k with no discount on the new one. Shopping around the best offer I got was $22500.

I would agree with as well except 1 thing... 99% of Bronco buyers are clueless have have no idea what the issues are aside of the Hard Tops (and even then don't understand it)

So buying a Bronco now (as long as you don't pay a large ADM), you will most likely be able to sell it for what you paid to a private party in a year. Getting your Tax Lic and doc fees back...well I don't know about that.

I think your biggest risk is what you get. The dealers are going to be flooded with BB soft tops... So if you can something with Sasquatch or a 2 Door...something that makes it harder to find.

jxc

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Accord/CX-5/A5 Cab
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It depends on how you define 'reasonable'. If you don't care about the risk of losing money and/or taking the worst part of the depreciation hit then go ahead. (i.e. trade in is less than what you think it will be or it gets totaled and the insurance only pays what they think it's worth.) If I thought I could afford those risks I'd do exactly what you're proposing.

WyoBronc

Wildtrak
First Name
Kerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger, 2021 Bronco BB, 2006 Saturn Vue
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
This exact situation happened to me this past Friday. I called my dealer to ask about a 2018 4Runner with 40k miles for $43k. The dealer said he was just going to call me because he had an abandoned order for a 4dr BB in CG, and wanted me to have first dibs.

When I did the math……2018 4Runner, 40k mikes, $43k or one of the hardest to get, most in demand……2021 Bronco with 9 miles for $41k, plus a $5k ADM, I couldn’t pass it up.

I kept my 2dr BL, Sas, Lux, MIC that’s going to be a 2022, but I needed a gap vehicle anyways with a long trip pending in Nov. and didn’t want to take the wife, son, and 2 dogs cross country in my 21 Ranger.

if I can’t get the deal I want on trade-in when my 2dr comes in, or private sale doesn’t yield a little equity, I can always walk away and keep the BB……..time will tell.

wyobronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Clint
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco Black Diamond 2 DR
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
This exact situation happened to me this past Friday. I called my dealer to ask about a 2018 4Runner with 40k miles for $43k. The dealer said he was just going to call me because he had an abandoned order for a 4dr BB in CG, and wanted me to have first dibs.

When I did the math……2018 4Runner, 40k mikes, $43k or one of the hardest to get, most in demand……2021 Bronco with 9 miles for $41k, plus a $5k ADM, I couldn’t pass it up.

I kept my 2dr BL, Sas, Lux, MIC that’s going to be a 2022, but I needed a gap vehicle anyways with a long trip pending in Nov. and didn’t want to take the wife, son, and 2 dogs cross country in my 21 Ranger.

if I can’t get the deal I want on trade-in when my 2dr comes in, or private sale doesn’t yield a little equity, I can always walk away and keep the BB……..time will tell.

Ill make sure to come to Cheyenne when the 2dr shows up! Congrats on getting SOMETHING, I would pull that trigger as well if I could track down a 4door.
Sponsored