Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Dodge Dart
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

• Banned
An issue has arisen on Ford's Build & Price feature of their web site. Anyone else seen it? Anyone know a workaround?

In my signature, there is a link that, until recently, would lead to the build that I have on order.

Now, when I follow that link, as the page is loading, I briefly see a bit of text text that says, “Your Configuration:” followed by what appears to be a correct description my Bronco, as ordered. Sometimes, but not always, as the page continues to load, I'll briefly see an image of my Velocity Blue four-door Badlands.

But as the page continues to load, it reverts to a stripped-down two-door Badlands in Area 51, with no optional features selected. Note that in the image below, from early stages of loading, clearly shows that my configuration includes the 2.7 engine at the automatic transmission, but when the page fully loads, it shows a configuration with the 2.3 and the manual transmission.

I'm guessing that this is something messed up on Ford's end, and that only Ford can fix it, on their end. I wonder if they will, any time soon. Are you listening, @Ford Motor Company?

Ford Bronco Recent Build & Price Issue… 1637084045538

On a somewhat related note, I wonder if anyone has decoded the manner in which features are included in the B&P URL.

In the link, as I've been giving it, the URL (minus the https colon slash slash so that the forum won't turn it into a link) is…

shop.ford.com/configure/bronco/2022/config/exterior/Config%5B%7CFord%7CBronco%7C2022%7C1%7C1.%7C334A.E5D..E7...43E.D5HAB.63C.RET.53Q.58P.99P.%5D​

If I go through the B&P from scratch, and rebuild what I ordered, I get this…

shop.ford.com/configure/bronco/2022/config/summary/Config%5B%7CFord%7CBronco%7C2022%7C1%7C1.%7C334A.E5D..E7...D5HAB.63C.RET.53Q.58P.99P.%5D​

The only difference between my original link and what I get when I rebuild it now, is that the .43E highlighted in my original link is now absent. (and if anyone is wondering, yes, I've tried pasting this revised URL into my browser, and when I load it that way, the same behavior noted above occurs. In fact, with the B&P page showing my Bronco as configured, if I hit the reload button on my browser, that behavior occurs, reverting to the stripped-down Area-51 two-door Badlands.) I would assume that the .43E refers to some feature or option that I selected in my initial build, that is no longer available for me to select. The final price that I get, $55,705, is the same price that appears on the order sheet that my dealer printed for me when I placed my order.

Anyone have any idea what the .43E is supposed to be?

shop.ford.com/configure/bronco/2022/config/summary/Config%5B%7CFord%7CBronco%7C2022%7C1%7C1.%7C331A.E5C..KU...RET.%5D
shop.ford.com/configure/bronco/2022/config/summary/Config%5B%7CFord%7CBronco%7C2022%7C1%7C1.%7C334A.E5D..E7...D5HAB.63C.RET.53Q.58P.99P.%5D
Sponsored

TXNavy

Badlands
First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Yukon XLT 1500 4x4, Jeep Liberty Limited
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Maybe related to the HD Modular Bumper. It was included in the MY21 builds but is now an option.

Bronco88

Black Diamond
First Name
Ajay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
My ford.ca account was showing the image of a 2 door black diamond when I reserved, I later changed to a 4 door badlands but the image never changed. Now nothing even loads on the page where my reservation/order should be. I figure it'll get updated soon here in Canada and that's why I can't see anything. Recently submitted my order with all updated options and had the priority code changed from 99 to buildable (10-19).

OP
OP
Bob Blaylock

Bob Blaylock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Dodge Dart
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

• Banned
Maybe related to the HD Modular Bumper. It was included in the MY21 builds but is now an option.
My order was for a 2022, and I did not choose the modular bumper. I stayed with the standard “Capable Bumper”, because I wanted fog lights, and my dealer didn't think I'd gain much durability by sacrificing those to get the modular bumper.

Bonnie6G

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands LuxSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yeah, the same types of glitches happen with my ford.com account as well. It showed my ‘22 order with all the correct details up until two weeks ago. Now it shows nothing but “it’s time to place your order”

super confidence builder…..

OP
OP
Bob Blaylock

Bob Blaylock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Dodge Dart
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

• Banned
Anyone have any idea what the .43E is supposed to be?
I think I figured it out, by digging through the HTML source.

{"id":"ABEAB","code":"43E","partClassName":"Roof","description":"Soft Black Cloth with Hard Top Prep Kit","detail":"Standard on 4-Door Bronco Models. <br/>\n<br/>\nFoldable and fully removable. <br/>\nThe prep kit includes the necessary connections and controls to operate the rear defroster and wiper on factory hard tops.","imageUrl":"2022_Ford_Bronco_J1/BP2/RF1/RF1_130E80EB-96F8-48B9-27A0-ED1A27A0ED1A.jpg","thumbUrl":"2022_Ford_Bronco_J1/BP2/RF3/RF3_130E80EB-720F-1719-27A4-AACD27A4AACD.jpg","thumbAltUrl":"2022_Ford_Bronco_J1/BP2/RF2/RF2_130E80EB-D87E-2B8C-27A8-F0D727A8F0D7.jpg","limitedAvailability":false}

It's the standard soft top with the hard top prep kit.

It didn't show up when I rebuilt the B&P, because the soft top is standard. It appears if I select another top, then go back to selecting the soft top.

Originally, I had the MIC hard top selected (which would be 43L instead of 43E), but my dealer told me that holding out for that would add half a year to my wait, so I switched to the soft top so that I could get my Bronco sooner.
Sponsored