Sponsored

Recent dealership chatter: less components but with inflated prices?

ChouDa

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nothing
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So I've been poking around at a few dealers lately, not just Ford, and have been hearing similar stories of cars becoming progressively harder to make, therefore manufacturers are cutting out components due to the chip shortage, while the prices are still staying the same or going up.

A lot of content on the web is saying it's not a great time to be buying cars right now. Of course, I'm still waiting for my 4d Bronco Badlands, but I'm beginning to worry that the truck I fell in love with in 2021 isn't going to be the same car I potentially get either later next year or whenever.

What's everyone else hearing and considering? This would be my first "fresh off the lot" car that I've ever ordered for myself, but I feel like I might be making some concessions, whatever they may be.

Thoughts?
Sponsored

TxBronc

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
72 bronco,2006 Tacoma,
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’d be happy if about half or more of the tech was removed. Scheduled date of 11/14.

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It's no big secret that some automakers have had to eliminate options or restructure packages as a result of supply constraints. The only cut back on the Bronco that comes to mind is the elimination of the temperature readout on the hvac controls from MY21 to MY22. Haven't paid enough attention to know if it was brought back for MY23. On the opposite end, it looks like all the parts are finally available to build the MY23 WT as originally planned and it is no longer just an OBX Squatch so things are starting to improve too.

As far as the right time to buy a car, that is probably more due to high interest rates, dealer adm's, and recession talk rather than options not being available.

thatspecialbeat

Black Diamond
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subies
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

So far they removed a little LCD number in the A/C dials in higher trims and I believe the talk was to remove the in-car navigation?

I specifically dismissed the higher trims to avoid all of the beeps and boops.

I would have paid more for a technology delete package that replaced the big screen with an ashtray like the EB models.

This should be the 6G dash.

Ford Bronco Recent dealership chatter: less components but with inflated prices? img8919
Sponsored