First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1984 4Runner (For Sale)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Next stop was the Sand Flats Rec area. I got my overnight camping pass and went in and found the first trail right there. Hells Revenge! Now at this point I'm not really sure what I was thinking, i'de seen a trail review view on YouTube, but my brain didn't connect that this would be a fairly challenging trail. I aired down and made my way in. On the trail I took some bypasses, did some challenges, got lost a bit, clenched my butt very tight, and thanked my lucky stars that the bronco comes with a front camera. Without that camera there was no way i'de be able to do this alone.
DSC07060-Pano.jpg

DSC07097-Pano.jpg

Made it to the river! I briefly and I mean briefly considered running Hells Gate, but then quickly nixed the idea. Maybe next time.
IMG_7427.jpeg
IMG_7424.jpeg
Great post!! I can't agree more with your statement about the front camera. It will be a necessity if I ever buy another Bronco because I can't live without it after using it.
Sponsored

userdude

Badlands
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2dr Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

When I travel solo I'm able to do that. No one wants to get up at the times I usually do lmao.
You sound like me, I like to get up at 5am and go until 10pm. Get a lot in, my last trip I did ten trails in two states over three and a half days, as well as Gruber OHV and a visit to Little Blue Disney (and the National Memorial and Cowboy Museum in Okla City). Good times!

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Memorial weekend gave me an opportunity to take a little break. I couldn't decide where to go, so I let the weather dictate and Utah was the best choice for this weekend and it sure didn't disappoint.

My not-so planned plans were to leave LA and head to
Zion National Park
Bryce National Park
Capitol Reef National Park
Cayonlands National Park
Moab Sand Flats Recreation Area

Loaded.
IMG_7294.jpg

Zion was the first stop and it was breathtaking. I'm not much of a hiker so I didn't spend much time in the park but did enjoy the sights, sounds and smells. Arrived early and got great parking. The first bus driver did try to fist fight me though... he must not have had his meds that morning. He waited for me at one of the stops to apologize, but I promptly told him to f' off back to his bus. The staff working there apologized and I moved on. I was hoping this wasn't setting the tone for the trip.

After that incident, I spent some time in Zion looking for endangered California condors with this volunteer who was using a special tracker. Very nice gentleman who gave me a private tutoring on the subject.
IMG_7316.jpg

Next stop Bryce.
IMG_7335-Pano.jpg

After that was Capitol Reef National Park.

In the park I took a dirt road to echo canyon when.... I got a flat. I had my power tools, but.... no sockets. I also hadn't purchased a jack yet. I tried using the scissor jack that comes with the truck, it was jacked up to the hilt and didn't seem very safe. Just then a couple of built rigs with Army officers showed up and gave me a hand changing the tire with their tools and badlands jack. I liked that very much lol.
IMG_7353.jpg

Echo Canyon- yodelehihooo
DSC06794-Pano.jpg

OHV area near Capitol Reef, met an Australian visiting and camping here. He was very intrigued by the Bronco, I explained to him how it was a much better Jeep, and we bitched about the GVWR and payload of my 2 door.
DSC06824-Pano.jpg

Getting into Moab off the freeway took an hour of waiting right here. Road crews doing construction.
70676275572__29C76D3D-689A-4674-83E6-1F0B399DA7FD.jpeg

From there I went to Moab and secured my back country driving permit for the White Rim Road in Canyonlands. But not before I went to the tire shop in the morning and picked up a used KO2 as a spare, a bottle jack and a seat belt ticket exiting the gas station.
IMG_7365.jpeg

White Rim Road in Canyonlands National Park was a phenomenal drive, not technical, just beautiful. For such a busy weekend there was hardly anyone on the trail.

DSC06898-Pano.jpg

DSC06974-Pano.jpg

DSC06995-Pano.jpg

I attempted to head down to the river along a route on the map, but sadly the end of the trail was flooded and the picnic area inaccessible.
DSC06950-Pano.jpg

On my way out, I found a very special overlook and decided to wait for sunset there.
DSC07007-Pano.jpg

DSC07026-Pano.jpg

DSC07041-Pano.jpg
Next stop was the Sand Flats Rec area. I got my overnight camping pass and went in and found the first trail right there. Hells Revenge! Now at this point I'm not really sure what I was thinking, i'de seen a trail review view on YouTube, but my brain didn't connect that this would be a fairly challenging trail. I aired down and made my way in. On the trail I took some bypasses, did some challenges, got lost a bit, clenched my butt very tight, and thanked my lucky stars that the bronco comes with a front camera. Without that camera there was no way i'de be able to do this alone.
DSC07060-Pano.jpg

DSC07097-Pano.jpg

Made it to the river! I briefly and I mean briefly considered running Hells Gate, but then quickly nixed the idea. Maybe next time.
IMG_7427.jpeg
IMG_7424.jpeg

Ran into an everglades owner who was kind enough to share the video of me and him near the end of the trail.

That night I randomly met a Bronco6g member at my overflow campsite and he suggested I run Fins and Things. Which is exactly what I did early next morning. I didn't have time to run the whole trail but ran the South side? before anyone hit the trails at 7am. This trail was the perfect early morning ride to cap off my weekend.

DSC07127-Pano-2.jpg

On my way home, I drove through monument valley and finished up the 12+hours drive home, only to come to no hot water smh... cold wakeup back to reality.
DSC07165-Pano.jpg
You got to see a lot of great things Utah has to offer--really packed it in. Looks like the weather was in your favor as well. The good news is there's still plenty of stuff to see on your next trip, and the one after that, and the one after that... 😁

OP
OP
KT_bronco

KT_bronco

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Transit Connect Cargo
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You sound like me, I like to get up at 5am and go until 10pm. Get a lot in, my last trip I did ten trails in two states over three and a half days, as well as Gruber OHV and a visit to Little Blue Disney (and the National Memorial and Cowboy Museum in Okla City). Good times!
There is a lot that can be done in a day! I checked out those spots you mentioned, looks fun as heck.

Sponsored

Outbound Exploration

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Chevy Sonic Hatchback RS, Looking to upgrade to Bronco*
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If you ever need an extra Bronco/2dr to join you, let me know! Awesome pics and write up. It's the unplanned trips that always end up being the most memorable 😅
Sponsored