First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
About to pull The trigger on these. Is the consensus that for a Sasquatch package the XL is the way to go?

FlyingScot

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wildtrak 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
About to pull The trigger on these. Is the consensus that for a Sasquatch package the XL is the way to go?
If mud coverage is your highest priority then yes. I got the regular ones to cut back on egregious rock strikes from the Goodyears and for that they have worked admirably, but mud and road spray still make it past just below the bottom edge.

Ford Bronco RekGen mudflaps! mudflaps

Sponsored

TheJoshHarding

Outer Banks
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Really just looking for rock coverage from road driving. I doubt I will have my Bronco off road too too much, and for the enjoyment of a hose bath, I can probably handle a little mud.

Inlinejohn

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

For those that got away from the stock Goodyear tires but have yet to install any mudflap, are you seeing a difference in flinging crap on sides?

FlyingScot

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wildtrak 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Really just looking for rock coverage from road driving. I doubt I will have my Bronco off road too too much, and for the enjoyment of a hose bath, I can probably handle a little mud.
I'd highly recommend a side step that sticks out a moderate amount, that will go a long ways to stopping rocks before they reach the paint. Those are GoRhino DSS in the above picture, although I wish I had gotten the D6, since the DSS' use as a step is limited with how much of the bar is tucked under the doorsill.

FlyingScot

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wildtrak 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
For those that got away from the stock Goodyear tires but have yet to install any mudflap, are you seeing a difference in flinging crap on sides?
Hope to be able to report on this soon, I've about had it with the Goodyears singing to themselves on the highway, needing monstrous amounts of weight to stay in balance even with regular rotations, plus their voids seem to match perfectly with the rocks that get put down at our fab yards. Tirerack has $30 off C-load KO2s right now and I'm probably only two old fashioneds away from ordering them tonight.

Ironiguana

Black Diamond
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I'd highly recommend a side step that sticks out a moderate amount, that will go a long ways to stopping rocks before they reach the paint. Those are GoRhino DSS in the above picture, although I wish I had gotten the D6, since the DSS' use as a step is limited with how much of the bar is tucked under the doorsill.
I have D6's with the regular Rekgen's and haven't had any rock issues.
Ford Bronco RekGen mudflaps! rekgen-D6

Sponsored

FlyingScot

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wildtrak 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I have D6's with the regular Rekgen's and haven't had any rock issues.
rekgen-D6.jpg
Thanks for this picture, excellent view. I actually have the D6 boards waiting in the garage for a day when I can trick convince my neighbor to give me a hand installing them. There was an Amazon listing for the boards only, no hardware, for $76 and free shipping that I wasn't completely convinced was not a scam, but lo and behold they showed up about a week later.

I really like the DSS otherwise and have no complaints other than the width. I thought the narrower board would be perfect but really didn't anticipate how little of it would be usable as a step. In running shoes I can barely get the ball of my foot on, and in boots not even that much, and I'm only a size 10 shoe.
Ford Bronco RekGen mudflaps! DSS2

Ford Bronco RekGen mudflaps! DSS1

Ford Bronco RekGen mudflaps! DSS3

I really should have washed the damn thing this weekend.

FlyingScot

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wildtrak 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

Inlinejohn

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ok, I’m finally at the point of mudflap choice. I have lifted many SAS 1” and running 37s. I bought a set of Mabett and just did a quick test fit and NOPE. Rubs at full lock.’

Will RekGen give my the clearance I need. That attached pics are a cardboard layout and the stock sliders are coming off, so no hole or interference with sliders. I need to flaps to angle aft and suck up tight to the inner liner and flare to give me the room I need. Has anyone accomplished this with 37s and lets see some pics of examples. I did send similar email to RekGen

IMG_3168.jpeg

IMG_3169.jpeg

IMG_3170.jpeg

IMG_3171.jpeg
Sponsored