First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Samurai, VW Thing, MINI, smart, Astro Van
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
You can definitely install an aftermarket system in a manual. The Ford system might be too computerized too fool though.

If you're fastidious about setting your parking brake, I've never owned a vehicle (powerful enough) capable of remote starting in gear with the parking brake set. So there are two layers of safety, you'd have to forget to set the brake and forget to neutral, to launch the car.

Test your car out first though before trusting your parking brake.

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What are you looking at?
A local shop expected Compustar will have one that works. It was over a year ago when I asked, it might be out now.

RoLyMa27

Badlands
First Name
Rodney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 22 Maverick
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Pretty sure it has a “clutch-bypass”, which allows it to have the auto-restart function.
So today I'm waiting for my wife to come out of the grocery store. I put it in neutral and my foot is on the brake. Of course ASS kicked in and it died. So I just sit there with the brake on and didn't touch anything else. (Emergency brake is not on). After about three minutes it automatically starts without me touching the clutch or anything else. Is this the "clutch-bypass" allowing it to start in this instance?

Sponsored

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
So today I'm waiting for my wife to come out of the grocery store. I put it in neutral and my foot is on the brake. Of course ASS kicked in and it died. So I just sit there with the brake on and didn't touch anything else. (Emergency brake is not on). After about three minutes it automatically starts without me touching the clutch or anything else. Is this the "clutch-bypass" allowing it to start in this instance?
I’ve noticed it start on its own at a light from time to time. I also notice it not shutting down and the A symbol is gray and crossed out instead of bright green on the instrument cluster.

Also, if you turn the steering wheel the engine will turn over. Not just the clutch.

Buck Your Bronco

Badlands
First Name
charley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
There seems to be no reason why we can't have remote start in a manual, or even that we should have to press in the clutch. The computer knows what gear it's in, including neutral, says so on the dash. AutoStart works without clutch depressed.

I really don't like the idea of scabbing on an aftermarket system, not only whatever wiring, but they all seem to have really stupid sequences for it to work, and even then that feels way more sketchy than something thru Ford.

I don't care that I could only get a 2.3L in a manual, or that only Badlands can come with a Mid+ pkg (BL-manual is the best anyway, and yea I'm biased), or that I couldn't get Sasquatch in 21 (or that it's more expensive in '22)...Those are supply/demand restrictions and I know we are in the minority, so I get it. But Remote Start is already there! They just blockaded it for us. There must be a way.

My hope would be we could get an extra key with the remote start button and some clicking-clack in Forscan to open this back up
Sponsored