Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Is there any newer info on whether the MIC can be painted or wrapped?

what kind of finish can I describe it to body shops?

it’s gritty? Like grip tape?
I think this is basically all we've got... more or less.... since none of us have actually tried to paint or wrap one yet.
Ford Bronco REMOTE START WITHOUT MID PACKAGE? MIC Top Updated at KOH.PNG

Ryuk

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger, 2023 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

If that's the case, I sure hope there's an Apple Watch app.
I can concur on this. The Apple Watch app allows you to start stop lock and unlock your Ford vehcile that is connected to your Ford Pass App

ColbyFromBama

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Colby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Base
All 2021+ Ford vehicles come standard with Ford Pass app connectivity. And yes, they can all be remote started through the app. Sometimes with a bad signal, it may take a couple minutes though.

jllanglo

First Name
Jameson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Crosstrek
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
All the documentation and discussion thus far suggest that FordPass Connect is standard on Base, so as long as you have cell reception (on both sides of the equation) you can remotely start your Bronco via the App.

The "remote start" available with the Mid Package is the integration with the Fob that doesn't require internet connectivity to operate.

Screen Shot 2021-06-03 at 14.03.54.png
Off-topic but I see that the "Rear View Camera Back up assist with Grid Lines" is listed as standard on this base package. I was under the impression that the moving grid lines only came with a mid-package and the base package just had the non-moving grid. Sounds minor but this is actually a large contributor to why I am considering the mid-package. Can anyone confirm this functionality is standard on the base?

Sponsored

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Off-topic but I see that the "Rear View Camera Back up assist with Grid Lines" is listed as standard on this base package. I was under the impression that the moving grid lines only came with a mid-package and the base package just had the non-moving grid. Sounds minor but this is actually a large contributor to why I am considering the mid-package. Can anyone confirm this functionality is standard on the base?
I thought the 'grid lines" standard on the base are the fixed lines that just show you how far you are away from things... and the *moving* lines, as you stated, are still only available in the upper packages...

...but looking at that document it lists only "Backup Assist Grid Lines" as "Standard feature on Base Series"

And it notes that the Mid Package enables compatibility of the rearview camera with the FordPass Performance App Off-Road Navigation....

So who knows what's going on.

SwankyTiger

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I thought the 'grid lines" standard on the base are the fixed lines that just show you how far you are away from things... and the *moving* lines, as you stated, are still only available in the upper packages...

...but looking at that document it lists only "Backup Assist Grid Lines" as "Standard feature on Base Series"

And it notes that the Mid Package enables compatibility of the rearview camera with the FordPass Performance App Off-Road Navigation....

I mean my WRX has gridlines but they dont move they just tell you how close you are to stuff. So I assume that is what it means, and the higher trim is the moving grid lines

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

what kind of finish can I describe it to body shops?

it’s gritty? Like grip tape?
I‘m not a vehicle wrap expert, but I have had multiple vehicles wrapped in the past.

I’ve heard from various wrap companies that wrapping plastic isn’t recommended; I recall inquiring on un-painted plastic parts of a bumper or something. Was told that over time plastics release some form of gas, which makes the vinyl not adhere like it does to painted surfaces. Not sure if it’s true or not, but considering I heard it from multiple sources, I would imagine there’s some truth to it.

jllanglo

First Name
Jameson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Crosstrek
Your Bronco Model
Undecided

Yeah my thoughts exactly. On all the previous documents the base camera was listed as "Backup Assist Grid" and the mid-package was listed as "Backup Assist with Grid lines", but on the document you posted the gridlines are included in the base trim. Could have been a typo on their part. I guess we'll just have to see when people start taking deliveries.

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Maybe Webasto will offer a service where you can return the top to them & have it colorized?

• Haha
Reactions: R11

Sponsored

85_Ranger4x4

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1985 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I‘m not a vehicle wrap expert, but I have had multiple vehicles wrapped in the past.

I’ve heard from various wrap companies that wrapping plastic isn’t recommended; I recall inquiring on un-painted plastic parts of a bumper or something. Was told that over time plastics release some form of gas, which makes the vinyl not adhere like it does to painted surfaces. Not sure if it’s true or not, but considering I heard it from multiple sources, I would imagine there’s some truth to it.
May have to seal it or something?

Half the panels on a average new vehicle are plastic...

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

May have to seal it or something?

Half the panels on a average new vehicle are plastic...
Yeah, maybe that would do it. I just remember specially I was looking to wrap the black (or maybe it was dark grey) plastic on the bottom of the rear bumper of my Audi A5 and it was a no-go. I’m sure it could be done, but likely would not last long.

R11

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.basequatch.com
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Base Sasquatch 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Shipping to Detroit?
Yeah, I can’t tell if that was a joke. I’m a soft top, but man, I wouldn’t want anything further to do with the 🤡 show at Webasto if I finally got a hardtop from them.

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond