Sponsored

Remove aux switches for sunglasses holder?

VailDan

Badlands
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2D Badlands(2023)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have been waiting almost 2 yeas and have a 2D BL Lux scheduled. I have been to Moab a lot in my life, etc. but I am not hardcore and would never add a lightbar or anything that would use aux switches. I would actually rather have a sunglasses holder compared to a bunch of aux switches that will never be used.

Is it possible to pull out the placebo aux switches and put a sunglasses holder back in there? I am sure I am in the minority here, but I do use that area to store sunglasses in my 4runner and would rather have that than the fake mission control look.

Thanks,

Dan
Sponsored

Sandbergo

Outer Banks
First Name
Jelani & Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rogue
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Iā€™m sure itā€™s possible and I would bet you could sell the console with the switches to someone plus have them add there sunglass console so you wouldnā€™t have to pay anything. Just my opinion.

lapazleo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Possibly but bear in mind those switches are all wired and might be more work than it seems on the surface.

OP
OP
VailDan

VailDan

Badlands
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2D Badlands(2023)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Iā€™m sure itā€™s possible and I would bet you could sell the console with the switches to someone plus have them add there sunglass console so you wouldnā€™t have to pay anything. Just my opinion.
yes - that is what I was thinking as well. Just did not know if anyone had done it or knew how hard it was to mess around with removing it.

Mlarv

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco/ 2022 F150/ 1968 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I remember seeing a thread about someone adding the AUX switches. They had to pretty much pull the entire front panel apart to do it. I bet you could post a thread saying will swap AUX panel for sunglasses panel and get a lot of folks that want to.Upfitter switch install

Sponsored

BUFFBRONCOS

Big Bend
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I consider the swap for my sunglass holder

OP
OP
VailDan

VailDan

Badlands
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2D Badlands(2023)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I remember seeing a thread about someone adding the AUX switches. They had to pretty much pull the entire front panel apart to do it. I bet you could post a thread saying will swap AUX panel for sunglasses panel and get a lot of folks that want to.
Yes - The key is just how hard. Do I have to pull my dash to remove all the wiring to have the space, etc. I know I am in minority, but hoping to hear from someone who has done it or has some details about how hard it would be.

Mlarv

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco/ 2022 F150/ 1968 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yes - The key is just how hard. Do I have to pull my dash to remove all the wiring to have the space, etc. I know I am in minority, but hoping to hear from someone who has done it or has some details about how hard it would be.
Here is the video Install

Lifeliberty

Base
First Name
MoonbeamšŸ‘€
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
93CBR900RR, (prior)88 Bronco Manual 4.9L str 6
Your Bronco Model
Base
Aux is tied into your fuse box.
Plenty of other places to store your glasses. You would need a new overhead console I think. It's not just switching the switches for the cubby hole

Sponsored
OP
OP
VailDan

VailDan

Badlands
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2D Badlands(2023)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just watched the video and there is no way I would mess with removing fuse box, or anything advanced/took serious time, etc. I was hoping it might be a smaller module I could pop out and then throw the sunglasses holder in there.

Wannabe Techie

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Hot Pepper Diamond

Black Diamond
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Black Diamond 4 door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
There are sunglass holders that you can buy that attach right at the same areaā€¦ why take out a very desired feature of the bronco?

You do you but it seems like a weird thing to take offā€¦ thereā€™s also a small area in front of the shifter that holds sunglasses real well.