First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Upon further inspection of the painted bodies page pictures. That roll cage is not a roll cage it is just the body structure. They didnt make a bronco tub and build a cage for it. The made a typical SUV style body and slimmed down and reinforced all the pillars and just didnt skin the upper half. Also the top half is made of better steel. So being a full framed vehicle. Once its old enough for nobody to care, just hack it up and do whatever you want with it. People do it all the time to XJs, ZJs, Eagles, Mustangs and Mavericks. And they are all unibody so you shouldnt need to do the reinforcing that they do. Just remember this will not be something you can undo. However the hardcore rock guys and racers will be cutting these roll bars out and putting in proper cages almost immediately. So cutting these bars out for a while and adding a cage later is totally possible however the factory mounting tops will take serious modification to ever work again.

Still it would look cool and if you trust yourself not to kill yourself and I dont see how it would be any more dangerous than carrying a loaded gun wherever you go.
Sponsored

Lifeliberty

Base
First Name
Moonbeam👀
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
93CBR900RR, (prior)88 Bronco Manual 4.9L str 6
Your Bronco Model
Base
^Yes, I wish people stopped calling it a roll cage, it's nothing like a roll cage. It's not any more of a roll cage than the roof of my accord is a roll cage

shoelessjoe

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Chevy Cruze
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Wishful thinking I know but, prior to any pre-production models being made available for viewing I remember seeing a patent posted for the Bronco to have a removable roll cage. As an aftermarket mod (a little cutting and welding) it is already possible to mod the wrangler cage, but what I am curious about and have not been able to find in any first-hand reviews is how the Bronco's roll cage is attached to the body. Obviously hoping to hear it is bolted on, but hoping someone who has seen it live can comment.
You could not remove the so called roll cage of the Bronco. It is welded to too many very important parts of the structure. A-Pillars, B-Pillars, C-Pillar. Also that is where the curtain air bags are attached.

Hey19

Badlands
First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands 2dr 7spd, 1966 A code Mustang coupe
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I think it would look awesome with a nice custom cage and I'm sure we will see some eventually.

Sponsored

Wat3rdog

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Toyota Tundra 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
My guess is that it's required to prevent the tub from twisting. Very curious to see how it would do without a cage though. Would make it a bit more fun putting around in the desert where I'm at.

Lifeliberty

Base
First Name
Moonbeam👀
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
93CBR900RR, (prior)88 Bronco Manual 4.9L str 6
Your Bronco Model
Base
I have 0 problems with someone cutting that bodywork. All the ones screaming "safety" must have never ridden a motorcycle, talk about 0 protection...

And FWIW, yes I have wrecked and been hit on motorcycles, and once rolled a car on the street accident(too fast for curve) . Maybe it's a generational thing, but if you are worried about safety, then don't cut your roof off. It really is that Easy

Stampede.Offroad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
junk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
3. Why would you want to remove the roll cage?
To put one in that isn't a POS and will actually survive a rollover.

That's like asking why they don't just weld the bumper on, or weld the wheels to the hubs. Just because its from the factory doesn't mean its the best that can be done or that its to the aesthetic preference of everyone considering buying one.

Sponsored

Incognito

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 jk
Your Bronco Model
Base
Back in the day when government didn't decide everything we can and can't do.
No argument from me.

But the money for roads comes from taxes. Taxes mean that the Gov gets to decide "through the peope" yeah right :rolleyes: , what is allowed.

We both are in Arizona. So we know that if you want a pure offroad machine with no safety features, you can still tow one to your favorite desert place and drive like you're immortal. Until you ain't.
Just like the good ol' days.

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
My guess is that it's required to prevent the tub from twisting. Very curious to see how it would do without a cage though. Would make it a bit more fun putting around in the desert where I'm at.
The frame should largely keep it inline. But I would reinforce the bottom half of the pillars to make the doors stay lined up.

Squatch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
One of my thoughts is to get a Shadow Black Bronco and wrap everything but the sports bars in 3Ms matte green so they visually "disappear" a little.

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep YJ, Ford Fiesta ST, Mazda CX-5
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
If you removed the rollcage on your new bronco and suffered a rollover you would be turned into paste
Why would you want to remove the roll cage?
For all you safety engineers the fact that the OP is talking about "modding" Wrangler bars leads me to believe that he's considering something like this...

However the hardcore rock guys and racers will be cutting these roll bars out and putting in proper cages almost immediately. So cutting these bars out for a while and adding a cage later is totally possible however the factory mounting tops will take serious modification to ever work again.
I think it would look awesome with a nice custom cage and I'm sure we will see some eventually.
To put one in that isn't a POS and will actually survive a rollover.

One of my thoughts is to get a Shadow Black Bronco and wrap everything but the sports bars in 3Ms matte green so they visually "disappear" a little.
SEXY!

Hey19

Badlands
First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands 2dr 7spd, 1966 A code Mustang coupe
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have a feeling the roof structure attaches to that overhead bar.
Sponsored