Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Currently at the dealership discussing why I’m paying more money for less stuff… I guess it’s a bit my fault but GSMs at dealerships suck.

E7E9F120-D6AF-4EAF-A969-C2DDD4C36E7E.jpeg
Sponsored

OP
OP
ObsidianTheBronco

ObsidianTheBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Spoiler alert, it's because Ford did a round of mid-year price increase that went into effect on March 11th, 2022.

Good luck, have fun!
Yeah, it was a fun conversation to have! With this being my first new car and first dealer experience, I have to say I can't wait to see the dealership model go. After reading so many horror stories they seem to all be predatory.

JohnnyBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

You probably changed just enough items to lose price protection. The other option is to shop elsewhere and find an existing unit identical to or close to your desired build.

It is entirely possible to avoid ADM simply by leasing through Ford. FORD RED CARPET leasing will not allow leasing at over msrp plus any reasonable add-ons like accessories and service contracts

OP
OP
ObsidianTheBronco

ObsidianTheBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You probably changed just enough items to lose price protection. The other option is to shop elsewhere and find an existing unit identical to or close to your desired build.

It is entirely possible to avoid ADM simply by leasing through Ford. FORD RED CARPET leasing will not allow leasing at over msrp plus any reasonable add-ons like accessories and service contracts
I don't think removing the key pad and DIO bimini mesh should remove price protection, but that may just be me...

JohnnyBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

No it shouldn't but the dealer handwrote a hardtop change of which there is none. If they never submitted your prior order that could explain it.

However if you do qualify for price protection it does not hold the price down but instead provides a voucher to be applied by dealer.

Example. Vehicle prices out at 56k. Price protection in play but when built same vehicle is 58k. PP provides for a 2k "coupon"

OP
OP
ObsidianTheBronco

ObsidianTheBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

No it shouldn't but the dealer handwrote a hardtop change of which there is none. If they never submitted your prior order that could explain it.

However if you do qualify for price protection it does not hold the price down but instead provides a voucher to be applied by dealer.

Example. Vehicle prices out at 56k. Price protection in play but when built same vehicle is 58k. PP provides for a 2k "coupon"
Understood. I'm most likely just SOL and will have to eat it.
Sponsored