Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mercedes-Benz E350
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Does anyone know for sure if the keypad can be moved?

If I can place it by the tire on the tailgate then it’s a no-brainer.
Doubt it - I don't think Ford allows this on any of their other vehicles that I have seen so I doubt they allow this.
Sponsored

TJ Freestone

Big Bend
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FORD Edge
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Looking for feedback from people who follow the off-road aftermarket and can advise what options to maybe avoid from ford. Ford capable bumper for 995, worth it? 300 more for brush guard ? Ford Bimini top 399-499, but aftermarket wrangler Bimini looks to be had for less than 150. Ford paint protection for front edge of hood and front fenders 295? Thx
Nerf bars and wheels.
The aftermarket will have more choices and at a better price. It will also be more unlike that of others.

JesseS

Badlands
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jayco AY26, Honda F6B, CR-V
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Aux switches.....will you really use them?
I will use them all! My question is top load rating without a relay, can't be more than 10 amps or so to reduce contact arcing. So hoping they also provide a relay bank under the hood, if not I will have to add them, not a big deal.

JesseS

Badlands
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jayco AY26, Honda F6B, CR-V
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

With you on everything but the keypad. Keypads are by far one of the best things Ford ever did! You can lock your keys in your car and still be able to get it. There are so many times when you can use this.
- If you ski or snowboard it’s awesome to leave your keys in the car to now worry about losing or landing on them.
-water stuff, boat or Jetski leave your keys locked in car and not worry about them.
-leaving a car somewhere like for service, they can just lock your keys in it and you get the car later with your code.

I’m more shocked it’s not standard and other companies have not tried to have there own versions. I guess it’s one of those things you don’t know how much you will use till you have it.
You can lock/unlock your rig with the Ford 360 app.

Sponsored

OrlandoBroncos

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Pretty much this:

Ford Bronco Ford Options to AVOID? D61AD71A-B2E2-44C4-B111-C9A461E23764

As for Intelligent Access unlocking the doors if your key is inside: it won't.

The system can tell if the key is inside or outside the car. If the key is inside it won't unlock if someone touches the handle. At that point you need the keypad or app.

It's also very short range. If you are standing at one handle with the key someone at another handle cannot unlock the door.

TwinTurboStang

Wildtrak
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Brodiak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

You can lock/unlock your rig with the Ford 360 app.
The point is that you would lock everything in your car. Keys phone and everything if you are out in the water or out in the snow and still get back in the car with the keypad. No phone no app

Bvbronco

Badlands
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jeep wrangler sport s
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Most of the off road. products I got used to looking at were for 80's series Landcruisers. The only thing that looked decently priced to me is the "rock rails". Then I saw that they are a dealer installed item meaning there could be a labor charge for that.

The winch package seems overpriced and the air compressor package should be "on board air" for the price they want. Kind of makes me think that if you want to build the Bronco to a certain level, just get the basic package you like and go after market for everything, including the 'squatch. Of course, like others have mentioned, it will take a year or two and somebody will have to loan their Bronco to some shops for test fitting, but I think the aftermarket is going to jump all over this thing which is exciting!
If the factory WARRANTY means something to you then buy from Ford. If the WARRANTY is no big deal go aftermarket. IMO

broncobob94

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Here’s my input.
  1. Keyless Entry Pad - I don’t see the point of getting this option
I was of the same sentiment until I pictured myself in the middle of nowhere, sleeping on top of my bronco, and having managed to somehow lock myself out....realizing I had been pretty buzzed from all the beer I had been drinking around the fire and then clean up for the night throwing everything into the back of the bronco and head to bed. Having that oh crap moment in the middle of nowhere without cell reception then realizing you spent 100 bucks on keyless pad will be money well spent.

Let me put it this way, if I order it, I'll never use it. If I don't order it, I'll somehow regret it.

Sponsored

Vigor

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I was of the same sentiment until I pictured myself in the middle of nowhere, sleeping on top of my bronco, and having managed to somehow lock myself out....realizing I had been pretty buzzed from all the beer I had been drinking around the fire and then clean up for the night throwing everything into the back of the bronco and head to bed. Having that oh crap moment in the middle of nowhere without cell reception then realizing you spent 100 bucks on keyless pad will be money well spent.

Let me put it this way, if I order it, I'll never use it. If I don't order it, I'll somehow regret it.
My car is 10 years old and won't lock if it senses the key is inside. Are you implying that the Bronco doesn't have this feature?
Curious because i don't remember if I paid for that feature in 2011 or if its standard on all cars now

BlueOvalBandit

Badlands
First Name
Kenneth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm surprised you got it with a slim jim. Haven't been inside new Ford doors but, Toyota's at least in are all cable operated with sheaths so you really can't hook anything internally with a slim jim.

I used to do unlocks when I worked for my college's PD. A long bar and wedge and 30 seconds is my preferred entry method. Works on 99% of everything I've encountered. Simply hit the unlock button or pull the handle from inside.

But I mean I'm not carrying a long bar and wedge if I lock my keys inside.

Mustang_75_99

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford F150, 2005 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Here’s my input.

1. Factory Bumpers - Absolutely worth it. A lot of aftermarket bumpers have quality, and rust issues.
  2. Brush Guard - Not worth it, and it covers the beautiful Bronco script.
  3. Remote start system - If you want the inside of the Bronco to be somewhat tolerable in extreme heat/cold, this is a no brainer.
  4. Engine Block Heater - If you park your Bronco outside in extreme cold, get this option.
  5. Keyless Entry Pad - I don’t see the point of getting this option.
  6. Racks and Carriers - These seem to be reasonably priced. Get the ones you want. I am getting the four bike carrier, and the XL roof basket.
  7. Off-road recovery kits - No. Priced too high for what is included. There are much better options available.
  8. Winch - Priced way too high. You can buy a really nice winch with synthetic rope for less than $900.
  9. Air Compressor - Not worth it. You can buy a comparable one for half the price.
  10. Pod Lights - This is over priced. I am a big fan of PIAA lights. By the time I buy a pair, and the mounting brackets, the total will be $350.
  11. Light Bar - Way over priced.
  12. Portable Fridge - Unless you are camping for an extended amount of time, a good cooler is a much better option.
  13. PPF - I find them to be nearly useless. Yes, they somewhat protect the paint from damage caused by pebbles, and very small stones, but after a couple of years, you can see yellowing, scars, slight tears etc. In other words, the solution becomes worse than the problem.
The key pad is very handy...I have one on my f150 and use it all the time. And I am not aware of anything like that in the aftermarket.

Mustang_75_99

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford F150, 2005 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Am i wrong to think $599 for tow package is crazy? I want a hitch for a swing out bike rack but a quick google search showed me tons of options for Wranger and F150 in the 150-200 range. Am I missing something?
I agree, but my concern is how long will it take for aftermarket companies to have a receiver available for the Bronco?

OP
OP
BroncoFanBoy

BroncoFanBoy

Base
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

If you have intelligent access, will the car even lock of it detects the keys are still inside the vehicle?
Sponsored