sirloco

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Element
Finally a constructive post.

If metal bumpers weren't included with BL I would not be getting them, they're going to be junk compared to aftermarket. I will likely sell them before trashing them.

Bash plates are probably OK.

I want the bimini, but it's overpriced, I'll wait.

PPF seems reasonable, not sure.

Need more info on the tow package, seems like terrible value. A aftermarket receiver and wiring will be like $200.
The base model doesn't offer the tow package from the factory is that an oversight ?

Advertisement

Randeeezy

First Name
Randall
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda 3
some really good replies in here, thanks all.

Ford is really price gouging for a lot of these options, I wish they would just be straight up. I feel like they're trying to entice people with the option to just put it all on credit and pay it all via your car note.

Figure out what you really want/need once you've got your truck, then acquire them at your own pace and for fair prices.

Drinxxs04

Outer Banks
First Name
Anthony
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee
Clubs

I saw this too and believe its another one of the "bugs" with the B&P. I think it should say "winch capable" bumper. That leads me to believe the standard "heavy-duty" bumper is not setup to mount a winch and you need to "upgrade" to the (winch) "capable" one if you want the mounting plate. This is how I read it but its still a guess.
It appears to have fog lights on the capable, I’m also guessing it is not completely steel like the modular. Or rated as high.

During the reveal of the badlands concept the show a close up of the modular, which has the winch on it. But I’m sure they both have those bronco bolts on the top for mounting.

JaxGtc

Outer Banks
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 EB Sport
I use it daily for things like that on our other Fords. This one is so damn ugly though.
I was at a Ford dealer yesterday and the new keyless on the Explorer was in the B pillar, lighted only when you touch the pillar. You couldn't even tell it was there! I agree, the one offered pretty dated.

Markubis

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Focus, Ford Ranger XLT, Can Am Ryker
One thing I just noticed with the 4 door and MIC top option, I don't see the dual top option in the build and price. I know it shows the option being available on the Bronco page of the website on the options page.

Does anyone know if opting for the MIC top still gives you the soft top? It does not show in the summary as being there.

toystwo

Base
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Avalanche, Tracker, S-10, 911, GTI, Volt, 528i
The base model doesn't offer the tow package from the factory is that an oversight ?
Ford has always shown it as not available on Base although they did ask about Tow/Base on the pricing survey. It appears to be as they intended.

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Edge ST
Thanks bud, didn't know the grill was in sections. And you're correct, the HotHead liner is thicker/better than the factory option for the Wrangler IMHO. It helps with the heat, and is a very good sound dampener. I'm hoping they will have theirs ready for the Bronco by the time it hits the road.
I contacted HotHead and they have a Bronco on reservation. They said once they get it, they will be making the patterns and start production. I guess that means we'll be waiting awhile.

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Convertible, 2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

I contacted HotHead and they have a Bronco on reservation. They said once they get it, they will be making the patterns and start production. I guess that means we'll be waiting awhile.
Thanks bud. IMHO the HotHead liner is worth the wait.

Beach_Bum

Big Bend
First Name
Ken
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Jeep Liberty Limited
Clubs

I was at a Ford dealer yesterday and the new keyless on the Explorer was in the B pillar, lighted only when you touch the pillar. You couldn't even tell it was there! I agree, the one offered pretty dated.
This is one of those features that I hope is offered for MY22. The feedback on the stick-on pad along with the known issue of battery life would be reason enough to abandon it.

Raptor911

Wildtrak
First Name
Raptor911
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Raptor, 2018 BMW M2
Xpel the entire front end for $200? Must have been Saran Wrap. Most cars are well over 1k for the entire front end

The only one I can talk too is the PPF. That's not a bad price, but I'm not sure of the material quality. I had the entire front (that was a challenge for the installer with that grill), and front fenders of my Wrangler done in XPel Ultimate (self healing) for $200 here in North Carolina. Just a little comparison that I hope helps.

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Convertible, 2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

Xpel the entire front end for $200? Must have been Saran Wrap. Most cars are well over 1k for the entire front end
Nah, I've had several vehicles done by this installer, and he gives me a break on some installs. But, on the Jeep as you can see there isn't that much product being used. You don't cover the bumper.

Bronco88

Base
First Name
Ajay
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Dodge Charger RT
I saw this too and believe its another one of the "bugs" with the B&P. I think it should say "winch capable" bumper. That leads me to believe the standard "heavy-duty" bumper is not setup to mount a winch and you need to "upgrade" to the (winch) "capable" one if you want the mounting plate. This is how I read it but its still a guess.
The Capable bumper has D rings but otherwise looks like the stock bumper with fog lights, the HD modular bumper is the one for the winch.

SafariJeff

Wildtrak
First Name
Jeff
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
66 Impala 396SS / 64.5 Mustang / 94 Defender
Also remember on the accessories, the dealer will install, test and warrantee them too. Add in a few hours here and there at $125/hr for installation and some make sense.

I wanted the WT since I will end up with an aftermarket front bumper since I want a LED light bar and a receiver hitch for mounting a winch ONLY when I am off road. No reason for me to carry one around 24/7 on the roads and worry about extra parking length in the garage. So glad WT comes with the cheaper bumper that will end up on eBay or the dump. However, can't order a WT with the current interior choice so may be irrelevant...

coolrain

Badlands
First Name
Marcus
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Ford Ranger, 2014 Camaro 1LE
I'm not going to tell you how to do it but how I will do it and why. I'm getting a Badlands all I wanted is to be under $60k so I can add everything I want regardless and be under so if I want it I'll get it. I never buy me nice new stuff only the wife so its my turn.

1. Engine Block Heater - I will have remote start never needed it before. Seems like work.
worth the $100 if you live in a cold area (ever gets below 5 F) in fact more cars should have them. Prevents engine damage and extends the life.

OP
BroncoFanBoy

BroncoFanBoy

Base
First Name
Brandon
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan
Clubs

I will only be purchasing options which are integrated into the vehicle. Any of the accessories seem to be significantly higher priced than if you just bought when you get home. Even the keypad can be purchase from the dealership for 25% less than b&p cost.

Advertisement

Advertisement