First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Xpel the entire front end for $200? Must have been Saran Wrap. Most cars are well over 1k for the entire front end

The only one I can talk too is the PPF. That's not a bad price, but I'm not sure of the material quality. I had the entire front (that was a challenge for the installer with that grill), and front fenders of my Wrangler done in XPel Ultimate (self healing) for $200 here in North Carolina. Just a little comparison that I hope helps.
Sponsored

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Xpel the entire front end for $200? Must have been Saran Wrap. Most cars are well over 1k for the entire front end
Nah, I've had several vehicles done by this installer, and he gives me a break on some installs. But, on the Jeep as you can see there isn't that much product being used. You don't cover the bumper.

Bronco88

Black Diamond
First Name
Ajay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I saw this too and believe its another one of the "bugs" with the B&P. I think it should say "winch capable" bumper. That leads me to believe the standard "heavy-duty" bumper is not setup to mount a winch and you need to "upgrade" to the (winch) "capable" one if you want the mounting plate. This is how I read it but its still a guess.
The Capable bumper has D rings but otherwise looks like the stock bumper with fog lights, the HD modular bumper is the one for the winch.

SafariJeff

Wildtrak
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Defender / 2000 Discovery / 2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Also remember on the accessories, the dealer will install, test and warrantee them too. Add in a few hours here and there at $125/hr for installation and some make sense.

I wanted the WT since I will end up with an aftermarket front bumper since I want a LED light bar and a receiver hitch for mounting a winch ONLY when I am off road. No reason for me to carry one around 24/7 on the roads and worry about extra parking length in the garage. So glad WT comes with the cheaper bumper that will end up on eBay or the dump. However, can't order a WT with the current interior choice so may be irrelevant...

coolrain

Badlands
First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Ford Ranger, 2014 Camaro 1LE
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm not going to tell you how to do it but how I will do it and why. I'm getting a Badlands all I wanted is to be under $60k so I can add everything I want regardless and be under so if I want it I'll get it. I never buy me nice new stuff only the wife so its my turn.

1. Engine Block Heater - I will have remote start never needed it before. Seems like work.
worth the $100 if you live in a cold area (ever gets below 5 F) in fact more cars should have them. Prevents engine damage and extends the life.

Sponsored
OP
OP
BroncoFanBoy

BroncoFanBoy

Base
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I will only be purchasing options which are integrated into the vehicle. Any of the accessories seem to be significantly higher priced than if you just bought when you get home. Even the keypad can be purchase from the dealership for 25% less than b&p cost.

Johnny Mo

Raptor
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
teachu2shoot.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion Energi, Ducati XDiavel
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

From what I can tell the Capable bumper is a modular with an additional fascia that allows you to retain the factory fogs. The D-Ring tow hooks are a nice touch. Capable to add the winch also nice, but I think I'd prefer synthetic vs galvanized cable - also doesn't look very deep for adding any additional lights but maybe won't need with the light bar across the top.

Andy6GRealG

Wildtrak
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Xterra
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Is $700 for the hardtop upgrade on 4door fair though. What is aftermarket going to cost, like $1500 of anything even comes out?
Yes it probably would be but I’m willing to bet you are going to spend your hard earned money on exactly what the hell you want and not settle for what they hell they offer...I’m just seeing it as a slap in the face to settle.

Economisto

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Mistubishi Montero, 2013 Audi S5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The Rigid 40" light bar is way over priced via Ford, like you can get it $800 cheaper.

Any reason why the Rigid LED Bar on the Ranger on Fords website is half the price compared to the Bronco? They are both 40in Rigid LED light bars...

Ford Bronco Ford Options to AVOID? Capture.PNG

BlueOvalBandit

Badlands
First Name
Kenneth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Any reason why the Rigid LED Bar on the Ranger on Fords website is half the price compared to the Bronco? They are both 40in Rigid LED light bars...

Capture.PNG
The Bronco tax.... :rolleyes: I mean the tow package on the ranger is under $500 and it's the same shit we get. A hitch and 4/7 connection. Also engine block heater $80 vs $100, everything has the Bronco tax

Last edited:

Sponsored

aplm7

Black Diamond
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer 2015
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I didn't see anyone mention yet but the floor trays leave a gap of carpet exposed for about 4 inches up to the nearest plastic. Guessing it was to convince people to upgrade to BD/BL flooring...Maybe aftermarket will eventually be better there. Anyone think that's a problem too? Just trying to help you and me save some money

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I didn't see anyone mention yet but the floor trays leave a gap of carpet exposed for about 4 inches up to the nearest plastic. Guessing it was to convince people to upgrade to BD/BL flooring...Maybe aftermarket will eventually be better there. Anyone think that's a problem too? Just trying to help you and me save some money
Have a picture that we can better see what you are describing? I would normally plan on WeatherTek mats. But from the images that I saw of the liners, they provided adequate coverage on the sides.

TwinTurboStang

Wildtrak
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Brodiak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Here’s my input.

1. Factory Bumpers - Absolutely worth it. A lot of aftermarket bumpers have quality, and rust issues.
  2. Brush Guard - Not worth it, and it covers the beautiful Bronco script.
  3. Remote start system - If you want the inside of the Bronco to be somewhat tolerable in extreme heat/cold, this is a no brainer.
  4. Engine Block Heater - If you park your Bronco outside in extreme cold, get this option.
  5. Keyless Entry Pad - I don’t see the point of getting this option.
  6. Racks and Carriers - These seem to be reasonably priced. Get the ones you want. I am getting the four bike carrier, and the XL roof basket.
  7. Off-road recovery kits - No. Priced too high for what is included. There are much better options available.
  8. Winch - Priced way too high. You can buy a really nice winch with synthetic rope for less than $900.
  9. Air Compressor - Not worth it. You can buy a comparable one for half the price.
  10. Pod Lights - This is over priced. I am a big fan of PIAA lights. By the time I buy a pair, and the mounting brackets, the total will be $350.
  11. Light Bar - Way over priced.
  12. Portable Fridge - Unless you are camping for an extended amount of time, a good cooler is a much better option.
  13. PPF - I find them to be nearly useless. Yes, they somewhat protect the paint from damage caused by pebbles, and very small stones, but after a couple of years, you can see yellowing, scars, slight tears etc. In other words, the solution becomes worse than the problem.
With you on everything but the keypad. Keypads are by far one of the best things Ford ever did! You can lock your keys in your car and still be able to get it. There are so many times when you can use this.
- If you ski or snowboard it’s awesome to leave your keys in the car to now worry about losing or landing on them.
-water stuff, boat or Jetski leave your keys locked in car and not worry about them.
-leaving a car somewhere like for service, they can just lock your keys in it and you get the car later with your code.

I’m more shocked it’s not standard and other companies have not tried to have there own versions. I guess it’s one of those things you don’t know how much you will use till you have it.

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

With you on everything but the keypad. Keypads are by far one of the best things Ford ever did! You can lock your keys in your car and still be able to get it. There are so many times when you can use this.
- If you ski or snowboard it’s awesome to leave your keys in the car to now worry about losing or landing on them.
-water stuff, boat or Jetski leave your keys locked in car and not worry about them.
-leaving a car somewhere like for service, they can just lock your keys in it and you get the car later with your code.

I’m more shocked it’s not standard and other companies have not tried to have there own versions. I guess it’s one of those things you don’t know how much you will use till you have it.
There is nothing wrong with the concept, it is the sticky tootsie roll that Ford has decided on. With the known battery issues, there is no guarantee that it will work in theory when you actually need it. I would like it as I'm on the beach 5 days a week. It would be nice to lock up and enjoy a stroll. Now, if Ford hid the keypad in the B-pillar like they know how to do on other models and it doesn't rely on batteries to function, then it would be a no brainer.

TwinTurboStang

Wildtrak
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Brodiak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

There is nothing wrong with the concept, it is the sticky tootsie roll that Ford has decided on. With the known battery issues, there is no guarantee that it will work in theory when you actually need it. I would like it as I'm on the beach 5 days a week. It would be nice to lock up and enjoy a stroll. Now, if Ford hid the keypad in the B-pillar like they know how to do on other models and it doesn't rely on batteries to function, then it would be a no brainer.
Battery issues? Same could be said on fobs if that's your big hang up. don’t see anyone saying they don’t want key fob because of the chance of a battery runnjng

Ive had trucks with the keypads since 2000 and never had an issue.

Do I wish it was worked into the body line more yes, but with the removable top this is what we get. And I’m getting it for sure.
Sponsored