First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
74 Ford Bronco, RAM 3500,
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Is $700 for the hardtop upgrade on 4door fair though. What is aftermarket going to cost, like $1500 of anything even comes out?
I think the hardtop is a must for me here in AK, seems like a reasonable price.

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Looking for feedback from people who follow the off-road aftermarket and can advise what options to maybe avoid from ford. Ford capable bumper for 995, worth it? 300 more for brush guard ? Ford Bimini top 399-499, but aftermarket wrangler Bimini looks to be had for less than 150. Ford paint protection for front edge of hood and front fenders 295? Thx
Nobody seems to know what the "capable" bumper is? They have the modular bumper at $825 that's been shown for a while.

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
The only one I can talk too is the PPF. That's not a bad price, but I'm not sure of the material quality. I had the entire front (that was a challenge for the installer with that grill), and front fenders of my Wrangler done in XPel Ultimate (self healing) for $200 here in North Carolina. Just a little comparison that I hope helps.
The description says it 3 pieces, one for the leading edge of the hood and the other 2 for leading edges of the front fenders. That doesn't sound like much coverage for the money.

Sponsored

marjen

Big Bend
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Anyone know if the brush guard really covers the Bronco letters like in the build and price images or if it’s more like the example from the overland demo?

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
do you guys know anything about aftermarket quality of headliner insulation? A quick search for jeep shows them for about half the price ford is asking
Hothead seems to be the best aftermarket for Jeep. Their full kit for 4 door runs about $400.

OP
OP
BroncoFanBoy

BroncoFanBoy

Base
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Hothead seems to be the best aftermarket for Jeep. Their full kit for 4 door runs about $400.
I watched some video of a guy installing that on his wrangler. It literally is a sheet of insulating foam cut to size and wrapped in fabric and some sticky strips, maybe manufacturing cost of like 30 bucks. I need to get into that business.

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Anyone know if the brush guard really covers the Bronco letters like in the build and price images or if it’s more like the example from the overland demo?
I think it's the angle of the photo that makes it look like the letters are covered. I believe from 6 feet up, they will be plainly visible.

Sponsored
OP
OP
BroncoFanBoy

BroncoFanBoy

Base
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I don’t believe that is the optional brush guard though. That is part of the winch plate isn’t it?

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
That's the shorter bar though. The other one sits about the top of the winch.

peta8368

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Polaris Slingshot
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Here's what I think is worth it for me on a Big Bend trim
1. MIC Hard top - absolute must from factory, not going to deal with aftermarket and leaks or wind noises, especially with the frameless doors, the fit from the top of the window to the top is going to be tricky
2. Auxiliary switches - worth it for the factory integration, especially if it can be customized like what people say the Raptor switches are. Besides, electronics aftermarket tend to be pretty expensive too, so that price isn't bad
3. Rear locker - for this price installed, and warrantied, can't beat that.

4. Front bumper isn't a bad price, but I want the winch to be partially covered. I don't want one where the winch is fully exposed on top, blocking the radiator

everything else(other than Sasquatch package) I am pretty sure can be had cheaper aftermarket, and end up fitting my needs better.

BigTex

First Edition
First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Mini CooperS Convertible, 2022 F150 Platinum
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

It looks like adding the winch blocks the front camera. Btw, the winch retails for $1100 then you add the platform, bull bar and installation...$2,500 seems reasonable.....especially with a 3yr/36,000 warranty

BeerForMyHorses

Base
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma TRD Offroad
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I can admit I use mine on my Truck often, out in the yard and need something from inside. makes it easy. especially with kids, grabbing a car seat and such. I have a few vehicles tho so if this was my main squeeze and i had keys on me all the time, probably not worth it.
I second this opinion. Keyless entry will be nice for all the times I run out to grab something from the car without my keys.
Sponsored