Sponsored

Removing side plastics from drivers seat.

HulkBronc88

Big Bend
First Name
Clayton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Good morning!

My seat makes a popping noise everytime I turn right and my weight shifts in the seat pushing it to the outside. I think a bolt is loose on the metal arms that adjust the seat underneath. I pulled the seat with my arm and tried to look underneath. I think there is some play which caused it to "pop" in and out as my weight shifts around while cornering. I am not sure how to safely remove the side plastics to access the underside assembly. Does anyone know of a tutorial? Or is it all just push tabs and you just use some force to yank them off?

Thanks in advance!
Sponsored

AK SNO RIDER

First Edition
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350, '04 6.0, '76 High Boy
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I just had one of mine off the other day. There's a little torx screw hidden in the back, and there might have been another one up front. Then it just pops off. Might have had to slide it one way or the other?

Suddenly I can't remember, but it was pretty straight forward.

myrealname123

Badlands
First Name
Trent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Watching this, mine does the same thing.

OP
OP
HulkBronc88

HulkBronc88

Big Bend
First Name
Clayton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I just had one of mine off the other day. There's a little torx screw hidden in the back, and there might have been another one up front. Then it just pops off. Might have had to slide it one way or the other?

Suddenly I can't remember, but it was pretty straight forward.
I have a non power seat, don't I have to remove the knobs as well? Not sure if they just pull off or if there is a tab to push in?

Sponsored

AK SNO RIDER

First Edition
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I have a non power seat, don't I have to remove the knobs as well? Not sure if they just pull off or if there is a tab to push in?
Not sure on that because I have power seats and the whole switch assemblies came off with the panel.

OP
OP
HulkBronc88

HulkBronc88

Big Bend
First Name
Clayton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend

AK SNO RIDER

First Edition
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I think the knobs have a little clip that engages with the shaft you may have to pop loose before the knobs will come off. It's been a while since I worked on a manual seat.

Ah okay, I had a feeling that was holding the side plastic on. Any idea on the torx size?
It might have been T25? I'm not home with my tools to check though sorry

This is really hard to take a picture of but on my F150 work truck you can juuuust make out the clip that holds the recline lever on.

Ford Bronco Removing side plastics from drivers seat. Screenshot_20230503_064024_Gallery

OP
OP
HulkBronc88

HulkBronc88

Big Bend
First Name
Clayton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I think the knobs have a little clip that engages with the shaft you may have to pop loose before the knobs will come off. It's been a while since I worked on a manual seat.

It might have been T25? I'm not home with my tools to check though sorry

This is really hard to take a picture of but on my F150 work truck you can juuuust make out the clip that holds the recline lever on.

View attachment 507599
Thanks for you help, I am at work all day for the next few days so I'll have to wait until this weekend. Hopefully its just a bolt needing the be tightened. Its rather annoying having to hear this popping noise everytime I turn to the right. Once while turning, and then again when my weight shifts back to the middle. Haha. Ugh.

AK SNO RIDER

First Edition
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
My Focus RS did that and it was a common issue with those cars. I never bothered to fix it but on those cars it was a bushing or clamp or something on the horizontal supports that span side to side.

My Bronco just has an obnoxious rattle from the empty passenger seat any time I hit a bump because the seat rails are horribly designed.

Sponsored
OP
OP
HulkBronc88

HulkBronc88

Big Bend
First Name
Clayton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
My Focus RS did that and it was a common issue with those cars. I never bothered to fix it but on those cars it was a bushing or clamp or something on the horizontal supports that span side to side.

My Bronco just has an obnoxious rattle from the empty passenger seat any time I hit a bump because the seat rails are horribly designed.
Was it an easy fix or you just have to deal with it?

AK SNO RIDER

First Edition
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Was it an easy fix or you just have to deal with it?
If your referring to my RS seats knocking side to side I just delt with it, but there's some info out there if you Google "Focus RS seat side to side"

Idk if it'll be the same thing on the Bronco but could be worth looking in to.
Sponsored