Haystack

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes
Your Bronco Model
Base
I reserved a base but my biggest issue is gearing. If not SQ, the gear ratio is 3.73.

I would like to put 33s and new wheels. I do not think 3.73 will be great on 33s.

If I am buying a new vehicle I would like it to perform at its best.

This probably means either SQ a base or move up in trim level for me.
Go check out the Ranger forums, plenty of guys running bigger tires on 3.73. Might be a good place to ask about any issues.

Straight 6

Outer Banks
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
For the cost of wheels and tires couldn't you just get a nicer bronco to start with?

Sponsored

Hoofnmouth

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford focus st
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

4.46 thats why im going manual

StuRox

Base
First Name
Stu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Your Bronco Model
Base
Hi - Does anyone have an opinion/review (Pros & Cons) of the following:

1. BFG KO2
  2. General Grabber A/TX
  3. Falken WildPeak A/T3W
  4. General Grabber APT
  5. Firestone Destination A/T2

Any thoughts on either and why one over the other? Thanks!

Last edited:

HPNQ420

Black Diamond
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco, '19 GTI, '88 R100GS, HPN BMW G/S
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I'm ordering a Bronco Base 2-door. I'm not a rock crawler, and I am ordering the manual transmission. That means I am stuck with the minivan tires that are standard. They are 255/75R16. I do drive off the beaten path and current drive a Ranger FX4. Should I just buy a better set of tires in the same size (KO2s or Grabber AT2s)? Size up on the 16s? Or order a new set of wheels and tires if I want to get to a 31" or 32" tire?

I typically run winter tires on my other vehicles, but the goal there is to always keep a similar sized tire to stock. I'm guessing there is a tool for that or the dealership can do it, but that isn't a sure thing.

Thanks for the help. I know a lot of you have way more experience resizing tires/wheels than I do.
265/75R16, as others have said, gets you a good selection of tires. Blizzaks also come in that size and they are a good winter tire. This is the same size as my Xterra Off Road. With 4.46 gears you will still have good performance.

2.3BigBend

Base
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Work Beater
Your Bronco Model
Base
I'm ordering a Bronco Base 2-door. I'm not a rock crawler, and I am ordering the manual transmission. That means I am stuck with the minivan tires that are standard. They are 255/75R16. I do drive off the beaten path and current drive a Ranger FX4. Should I just buy a better set of tires in the same size (KO2s or Grabber AT2s)? Size up on the 16s? Or order a new set of wheels and tires if I want to get to a 31" or 32" tire?

I typically run winter tires on my other vehicles, but the goal there is to always keep a similar sized tire to stock. I'm guessing there is a tool for that or the dealership can do it, but that isn't a sure thing.

Thanks for the help. I know a lot of you have way more experience resizing tires/wheels than I do.
I am switching my order from a BB to a base when the 22' orders open. I am in your boat also. I will be using mine as a mainly daily driver, so I don't want to jump to the 285/75-16 ("33"). I am leaning pretty heavily on the 265/75-16 ("32"), but I would love to see a more aggressive stock ("30") tire just to see how it looks. Tires alone will definitely look a lot better and for a daily driver it would be more fuel efficient etc. Hopefully we get to see lots of pics before next spring/summer or whenever we get these things...

Okiebronco1

Base
First Name
Lucas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1993 ford F150, sold my Titan XD
Your Bronco Model
Base
I picked up some ranger fx4 wheels 17x8 with a 55 offset. Will 285/70/17’s fit without any modifications?
Ford Bronco Replacement Tires for Bronco Base 1635385152037

Sponsored

rdass623

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma TRD Off Road, Fiat 124 Abarth
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I reserved a base but my biggest issue is gearing. If not SQ, the gear ratio is 3.73.

I would like to put 33s and new wheels. I do not think 3.73 will be great on 33s.

If I am buying a new vehicle I would like it to perform at its best.

This probably means either SQ a base or move up in trim level for me.
the ratio on the M/T base is 4.46/1 so there is plenty of gear for the 32 or 33 inch tires. the automatic transmission should not have too many problems either... gear problems should not be a problem until you are getting bigger (and heavier) than the 35s for street use where acceleration is really noticeable... off road is a little more forgiving than merging into interstate traffic...

rdass623

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma TRD Off Road, Fiat 124 Abarth
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

For the cost of wheels and tires couldn't you just get a nicer bronco to start with?
for around $1400, you can get a nice tire and wheel package. if you don't need lockers and don't like black wheels (hate them), you can get some outlaw II or similar wheels and tires... much less than the 6995 sas package for the base.

eugenemoyer8

Base
First Name
Eugene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
95 f150
Your Bronco Model
Base
I am looking at 255 70 18 on my base the outer banks come with that size and 373 gears without suspension modification you don't get into suspensions modification until you get the Sasquatch package from what I've noticed when pricing out different models
Sponsored