Sponsored

Reservation wait list cutoff dates for 2021MY ?

Bronco_Boi_227

Outer Banks
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Nissan Xterra
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Good evening folks!

Does anyone have any details regarding a set number of reservations allowed to be made for 2021 before they cut them off until 2022? Asking because I put my reservation in late last month and I'm curious if I was too late and will have to wait until 2022 to get my Bronco. Might be irrational, but just curious. Thanks for any insight!
Sponsored

porjos

Black Diamond
First Name
Joey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

My reservation was early, but I've wondered this myself. Since reservations don't translate into orders, and a large chunk of these - maybe even a majority don't turn into actual orders...I don't think they'll cutoff reservations anytime soon.

I think once they get actual orders in, Ford would have solid numbers to make decisions for 2021 cutoff.

Last edited:

BroncoJay

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I put my reservation in July 23 and it was about a week later Ford broke the news potentially reservations could linger into 2022, so just a. Guess any reservation made after July 30 could potentially be late fall early 2022. But none of this mean squat til orders are actually placed. My bet there will still be a high number of buyers cancel before ordering takes place..

ColoradoGuy

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 4DR Badlands and a couple of Acuras
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Not sure about the deadline but they haven't cutoff reservations yet... even so, there is a chance that you'll have to wait until late 2021 or even 2022 (unless there are enough cancellations to move you up). o_O

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Good evening folks!

Does anyone have any details regarding a set number of reservations allowed to be made for 2021 before they cut them off until 2022? Asking because I put my reservation in late last month and I'm curious if I was too late and will have to wait until 2022 to get my Bronco. Might be irrational, but just curious. Thanks for any insight!
I'm pretty sure they'll close reservations at some point before December so they can be turned into orders. Judging by what info is currently out there, you can pretty much count on your build happening in 2022. Once you place an order in December, they are supposed to have a general idea of when your Bronco will be built.

Sponsored

lowmpg

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Good evening folks!

I wouldn't worry, those reservations will fall through left and right when it comes time to put money into it. You'll be fine.

Lcubed

Badlands
First Name
l
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW golf r, 2023 ManBadSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

my guess, any reservations made after mid august will be delivered in '22 (as a MY21)

JAC

Badlands
First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Toyota Tundra; 2020 Acura RDX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'll ask just because I'm mostly curious; does anyone care to take a guess as to how many confirmed reservations there are?

diablo0813

Outer Banks
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Outer Banks (Sasquatch)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Once you place an order in December, they are supposed to have a general idea of when your Bronco will be built.
Without a doubt there will be contradictory information being touted as fact concerning this. In late January a Twitter post will be made saying "Big News Incoming!!!!" hinting at being this information. It will be about something else. One week later there will be a great announcement about...something. This process of tease and let-down will continue until probably Mid-May/Early-June. They will finally release the information with the caveat that Shipping Delays/Covid/Production Delays should be taken into account when your ESTIMATED delivery day comes and goes with no delivery.

Every step of this release will work exactly like the B&P tool "saga" has. Tease, Withhold, Placate with something else.

They have no choice, they have to keep us engaged, excited and ready to throw our money at them for well over a year. That's a HUGE tasking, considering so many vehicle purchases are made without much or ANY pre-planning.

diablo0813

Outer Banks
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I'll ask just because I'm mostly curious; does anyone care to take a guess as to how many confirmed reservations there are?
Not sure what it is at the moment but at the end of July they were saying 230,000.

Reactions: JAC

Sponsored

JAC

Badlands
First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Toyota Tundra; 2020 Acura RDX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Not sure what it is at the moment but at the end of July they were saying 230,000.
Wow! impressive number even if ballpark. I will be interested for sure to see how many turn to actual orders, which will help delay or speed up delivery date.

Reactions: P.C

Desert_6G

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm sure Ford doesn't know when they exactly will start production. Or how many units they plan to produce a day, week or month. There are a lot of factors to account for but I wouldn't worry about it to much. Unless you were one of the ones who put in their reservation within the past month or possibly more. I expect half the ppl who put $100 down to back out; plus some even put in two reservations.

Jp215

Outer Banks
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I believe ford corrected that number to about 165,000 reservations. I don’t know if they figured out the number of people that had 2 reservations and only counted them as 1 or if someone added the sport reservations with the bronco

Mac n Nevada

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser/2019 Jeep GC Trailhawk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I actually think most reservations will turn into orders, it cost nothing to have the fun of building your Bronco and submitting your order. Most dealers are not requiring any more investment than our $100 refundable reservation fee to do so. Why would you not enjoy building a Bronco and ordering it.

The money comes in on delivery, if you don't like it you walk. This system doesn't mean less orders to me, it means people having a change of heart before or upon delivery. That means a lot more Broncos on dealers lots that they can sell for whatever the market will bear. I think dealers like this system.

diablo0813

Outer Banks
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Wow! impressive number even if ballpark. I will be interested for sure to see how many turn to actual orders, which will help delay or speed up delivery date.
I'm sure a ton of people will fade out due to B&P(and other things) stalling, sticker shock or even just the timing not working for them. I'm hoping the numbers get normalized enough to let me slip into the first delivery batch with my reservation date of July 28th.
Sponsored