First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
IMO the reason they had to start producing “stock” units is that with shortages of chips, parts, etc. Ford has to keep the assembly line rolling everyday and since so many orders were for higher package units they instructed dealers to build “buildable” units that would be pulled at a last resort. When it all comes down to it the reservation # was the tie breaker if a dealer had more buildable Broncos than his allocation for that week that was being scheduled. That’s all. Never did they say we are building them in order of received throughout the nation. It was dealer specific. In the end, who knows what’s next, but I do believe it’s going to get better as we get into 2022.
Sponsored

John Bronco_ I am here

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
johnbronco.com
Vehicle(s)
'66 Bronco, '08 JK
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Glad to see more and more people get to the place I was last year. Either you have a reservation system or an allocation system, can't have both. It is OUR resevation, the dealer is just doing the F'n paperwork! I'm a day one reservation and looking at a 23MY 'cause of this bs.

And for all of these people that "ordered" without a signed contract in place, I got no words for you.

Mac11

First Edition
First Name
Mac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
3g Taco
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

When @Ford Motor Company came out that they had hard top issues and other commodity restraints I reworked my order to take out all the constrained commodities. This should have been helpful to
Ford. They could have cleared an order off the books with something they could build when they were having trouble building orders.

I submitted a clean build - the vehicle they could build straight down the line. Big bend 2.3, soft top 4 door, without Sasquatch, no tow pkg, no mod bumper, standard interior. Because I was at a dealership they have decided to punish my build was not pulled.

57A4AEC5-49FC-4B65-888F-BE13D2E1C1CC.png

Mac11

First Edition
First Name
Mac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
3g Taco
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

When @Ford Motor Company came out that they had hard top issues and other commodity restraints I reworked my order to take out all the constrained commodities. This should have been helpful to
Ford. They could have cleared an order off the books with something they could build when they were having trouble building orders.

I submitted a clean build - the vehicle they could build straight down the line. Big bend 2.3, soft top 4 door, without Sasquatch, no tow pkg, no mod bumper, standard interior. Because I was at a dealership they have decided to punish my build was not pulled.

IMO the reason they had to start producing “stock” units is that with shortages of chips, parts, etc. Ford has to keep the assembly line rolling everyday and since so many orders were for higher package units they instructed dealers to build “buildable” units that would be pulled at a last resort. When it all comes down to it the reservation # was the tie breaker if a dealer had more buildable Broncos than his allocation for that week that was being scheduled. That’s all. Never did they say we are building them in order of received throughout the nation. It was dealer specific. In the end, who knows what’s next, but I do believe it’s going to get better as we get into 2022.

And up front they did say that they would be built more or less in order. The whole in order at your dealer based on allocation was a wrinkle added much later.

Sponsored

DaveR5658

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

And up front they did say that they would be built more or less in order. The whole in order at your dealer based on allocation was a wrinkle added much later.
I’m sorry but I don’t remember it that way. Each dealer was given allocation for 2021 based on several factors including market share, #of Jeep owners and of course %of reservations to converted orders. Once we received our number, it then came down to “buildable” units for that build period. We had a employee reserve theirs on July 17, 2021, and it’s getting built week of November 1st. It a BB 2.3L 4 door. It has nothing to with being a employee or not. I have no idea how Ford would single you out being a employee. (If I understood your post). I do hope yours gets scheduled soon. It definitely seems like you have the right one ordered to get it sooner.

John Bronco_ I am here

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
johnbronco.com
Vehicle(s)
'66 Bronco, '08 JK
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Everyone may as well brace themselves for the next Ford bronco annoucement. "As of XX date if your reservation has not been fulfilled it will be cancelled." You are all free to visit your local Ford dealer and plead with them to sell you a bronco. Remember you heard it here first!

Mac11

First Edition
First Name
Mac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
3g Taco
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I’m sorry but I don’t remember it that way. Each dealer was given allocation for 2021 based on several factors including market share, #of Jeep owners and of course %of reservations to converted orders. Once we received our number, it then came down to “buildable” units for that build period. We had a employee reserve theirs on July 17, 2021, and it’s getting built week of November 1st. It a BB 2.3L 4 door. It has nothing to with being a employee or not. I have no idea how Ford would single you out being a employee. (If I understood your post). I do hope yours gets scheduled soon. It definitely seems like you have the right one ordered to get it sooner.

I didn’t say anything about being an employee. You deff made that up yourself.

DaveR5658

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I didn’t say anything about being an employee. You deff made that up yourself.
I’m sorry, I misunderstood the “at” the dealership part of your statement. Please disregard that part of my post.

69BroncoX302

First Edition
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1969 U15, 2021 First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I would like to provide Ford with feedback from Bronco customers who have reservations all in one thread…we all know, based on who you reserved/ordered from, you may not receive a Bronco in 2022 or even 2023…

Due to Fords allocation system, Ford plans to build stock units before they build non-constrained buildable units for reservation holders…

A reservation system is NOT an allocation system…

We all are understanding of the supply issues in todays world, BUT, if you have a buildable unit, regardless of a dealers allocation formula, Ford should build your vehicle based on reservation timestamp…

I would ask everyone to post on this thread their experience with Ford, me, the dealers I tagged, or others, in an effort to present our case for change…

@Zach@Granger @StephensAutoCenter

Ford Bronco #ReservationsoverAllocations 57A4AEC5-49FC-4B65-888F-BE13D2E1C1CC

Day one / zero hour first edition reservation, order was canceled a week ago, saw first editions getting scheduled today….. got my reservation moved to a raptor….. but hey it’s not like I watched the debut with my (grand)father, order it, and then he died 6 days later, and then I was going to tribute my 69 he gave me with the first edition or anything……. Btw this was my first dealing with ford. Been a gmc / Chevy guy my whole life, sure glad ford didn’t screw that up or anything. Outside of the bronco (which I am buying a FE off eBay for silly private ADM), ford can go fly a kite imo.

Sponsored

69BroncoX302

First Edition
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1969 U15, 2021 First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Everyone may as well brace themselves for the next Ford bronco annoucement. "As of XX date if your reservation has not been fulfilled it will be cancelled." You are all free to visit your local Ford dealer and plead with them to sell you a bronco. Remember you heard it here first!

They already did that, without the announcement last week. They cancelled my FE reservation and “allowed” my reservation to be converted to a MY22…. But they did allow me to choose a raptor……..

Last edited:

John Bronco_ I am here

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
johnbronco.com
Vehicle(s)
'66 Bronco, '08 JK
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
They already did that
I just got wind of the FE fiasco, which did surprise me. However, I was referring to the entire "reservation" system at large. In a few months they will drop all pretenses.

Mac11

First Edition
First Name
Mac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
3g Taco
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I’m sorry, I misunderstood the “at” the dealership part of your statement. Please disregard that part of my post.

All the points you raised about MY21 allocation were not known when we reserved on launch night. Those all came out later.

On launch night official Ford word was choose your favorite dealer and as best we can we’ll build them in order.

DaveR5658

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
All the points you raised about MY21 allocation were not known when we reserved on launch night. Those all came out later.

On launch night official Ford word was choose your favorite dealer and as best we can we’ll build them in order.
Honestly, in all the communications I received from Ford before the reservation system opened up, I don’t remember reading “as best we can build in order” part. But I might had missed that part. I’ll go back and see if I can find it.
Sponsored