First Name
Lucas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Eruption Green Badlands Squatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hi, All! New to this forum. My wife and I purchased our ‘23 Badlands Sasquatch 4-door in July. We have three boys that love cruising with the top off. I’ve searched on this forum and didn’t see a thread for this. Please forgive me if I missed something or if this is not the right section. We are looking for a retractable mesh screen that will help reduce the intensity of the sun when the top is open/off. I have seen BestTop has the SunScreen for the Wrangler/Gladiator but nothing for Bronco. It would be really nice to have something that works with the OEM soft top or hard top. If nothing like this exists, the plan B would be a mesh Bimini style that can remain installed with tops on. Any suggestions ?
Sponsored

TEAMSLO

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
23' Bronco 2.7 4d Oxford White & 22' JLURD
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
The one for the jeep requires their soft top or their flip back sunrider. Maybe contact them to see if they will be making the same for the bronco? I haven't heard of a retractable one but not a bad suggestion.

Amcole1984

Big Bend
First Name
Amber
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 door Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Hi, All! New to this forum. My wife and I purchased our ‘23 Badlands Sasquatch 4-door in July. We have three boys that love cruising with the top off. I’ve searched on this forum and didn’t see a thread for this. Please forgive me if I missed something or if this is not the right section. We are looking for a retractable mesh screen that will help reduce the intensity of the sun when the top is open/off. I have seen BestTop has the SunScreen for the Wrangler/Gladiator but nothing for Bronco. It would be really nice to have something that works with the OEM soft top or hard top. If nothing like this exists, the plan B would be a mesh Bimini style that can remain installed with tops on. Any suggestions ?
Nothing like that for Bronco yet. I have the already contacted Bestop because I wanted one for my sunrider, but nothing yet. I run with a mesh bimini top all year. I don't remove it when I replace my hard top. I have the Gearshade because it was one of the only options when I got it 2 years ago. It's great, but the Jtop bimini is definitely the best one out right now.

Brad Fx

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Commander
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
…I run with a mesh bimini top all year. I don't remove it when I replace my hard top. I have the Gearshade because it was one of the only options when I got it 2 years ago…
@Amcole1984 I have the Gearshade too and a hard top. I just assumed the bungees would get in the way of the top, either occupying a hole or the plastic ball being in the way. So- that’s not an issue? Oh and my Gearshade might be a Gen1, no zippers to access the panel latches.

Amcole1984

Big Bend
First Name
Amber
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

@Amcole1984 I have the Gearshade too and a hard top. I just assumed the bungees would get in the way of the top, either occupying a hole or the plastic ball being in the way. So- that’s not an issue? Oh and my Gearshade might be a Gen1, no zippers to access the panel latches.
Nope. Bungees don't get in the way at all. I have the one with the gromet holes to access the panels, but I have a sunrider, so my top panels stay in my attic.

Sponsored

TheShark

Wildtrak
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 4DR Wildtrak, 2023 Maverick XLT FX4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I've got a Sunrider with JTops, works great.

j_anderson

Outer Banks
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I've got a Sunrider with JTops, works great.
So these work with the sunrider top? I asked them for clarification but never received a response. Their website says works with the 2 or 4 door hard top but not aftermarket tops so I wanted to be sure before purchasing.

Amcole1984

Big Bend
First Name
Amber
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

So these work with the sunrider top? I asked them for clarification but never received a response. Their website says works with the 2 or 4 door hard top but not aftermarket tops so I wanted to be sure before purchasing.
When I contacted them, they said no. Not sure how the velcro would work since it has to stick to the frame and the sunrider mounts cover that area.

TheShark

Wildtrak
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 4DR Wildtrak, 2023 Maverick XLT FX4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

It absolutely works, the JTops fits under the Sunrider. Basically it works just like if you had the panels on, actually better since you only have to deal with the front and don't need to unzip in the rear to get to those clamps for the panels. There are several other guys on in the forum that have done this as well. I had a '21 2dr BL that I had this on, when I got my '23 4dr WT I purchased the 4dr Sunrider and JTops, sold the old one to one of the guys in the forum and he did the same thing with his. So I know it works for either 2 or 4 door.
Sponsored