Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2d 7mt
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I've noticed the wheels I've seen on old school broncos have noticeably deeper rims - at least in pictures, like the one below - than what I'm seeing in the 6g aftermarket

Ford Bronco Retro wheels w/ deep rims? 35243515-1970-ford-bronco-thumb

- Assuming this might be related to (my least favorite subject to learn) the current models +55 offset? Maybe?
- If so, does that imply deeper rims will come eventually?
- What's the correct way to say / measure 'rim depth'? Is it listed on wheel spec sheets?
Sponsored

Last edited:

GToddC5

Badlands
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 1971 Toyota FJ40, 1998 Corvette 'vert
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It's all about the offset from CL of the wheel. 6G have positive offset (as you mentioned), whereas the awesome wheels of the past often had negative offset. Negative offset on 6G puts the tires way past the fender flares, and a host of other fitment issues can occur. Wider wheels can still have the correct backspacing to not interfere with suspension parts, but it does this with negative offset.

KABQ

Base
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'93 4Runner, '84 Vanagon, '93 Miata, '14 LittleGuy
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

The depth you're speaking of is usually called "dish." If you want a ton of dish you can either have a ton of poke or put on narrower axles. These are your options.

rguest3

Badlands
First Name
Raymond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-350, F-450, 2022 Bronco, (2) 77 Broncos
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My favorite wheels are the US Mags U101s. On a Classic Bronco with Fender Flares and 33/12.50s the outside of the tire is even with the fender flare. But, this wheel has an offset of -37. They do have the Deep Dish look.

However, the same wheel, even if the bolt pattern was available, would stick out past the fender flare way too far on the 6Gen.

I went with these wheels on my Special Decor 2-Door build. Voxx 18x9 wheels with a +12 Offset. As you can see they do have a Lip, but not a Deep Dish as an earlier design wheel. At a +12 offset the 285 tire is even with the Sasquatch Fender Flare.

Ford Bronco Retro wheels w/ deep rims? IMG_0641

Ford Bronco Retro wheels w/ deep rims? IMG_0640
Sponsored