Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Flex Ecoboost Limited
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

For some reason RI has to be the hold out on reasonable tint allowed in New England. We are only allowed 70% on the front sides, which literally is no tint. I am perfectly happy with a reasonable 35%. I've always tinted my side windows and just paid the price to have it removed and redone every two years for inspection.

Now with the bronco things get easier. Which one of you will not tint your windows so I can borrow your doors for inspection? Haha. I also do wonder if the tube doors are considered road legal to use for inspection. Thoughts?
Sponsored

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

My expectation is that Ford followed the most strict requirements on all of their product output and therefore the factory doors will pass inspection.

djp

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
djp
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Badlands 4dr || '21 Bronco Sport BigBend
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

For some reason RI has to be the hold out on reasonable tint allowed in New England. We are only allowed 70% on the front sides, which literally is no tint. I've always tinted my side windows and just paid the price to have it removed and redone every two years for inspection.

Now with the bronco things get easier. Which one of you will not tint your windows so I can borrow your doors for inspection? Haha. I also do wonder if the tube doors are considered road legal to use for inspection. Thoughts?
Doors arent required to drive the vehicle. Have it inspected and say "i have no doors, they've been sold". Problem solved.

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Whenever I get my Jeep inspected in MA, I just take the doors off. Can’t inspect what’s not there.

Not sure whether you could find a place in RI that would do that.

OP
OP
Bigmoose

Bigmoose

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Doors arent required to drive the vehicle. Have it inspected and say "i have no doors, they've been sold". Problem solved.
That might work for you but I don't think it would fly in RI.

Sponsored

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

OP
OP
Bigmoose

Bigmoose

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I don’t think it says you have to have doors... only that if you have them they must be secure.

http://www.dmv.ri.gov/documents/manuals/Official_Manual_Motor_Vehicle_Inspections.pdf

If they say you have to have doors you could always just get or borrow a set of tube doors if you can’t borrow actual doors.
Thanks for the link. I could totally see an inspector thinking doors were needed even though it's not explicitly stated. I'll plan to borrow regular or tube doors for sure.

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks for the link. I could totally see an inspector thinking doors were needed even though it's not explicitly stated. I'll plan to borrow regular or tube doors for sure.
Like I said, in MA I have a place that doesn’t care about my Jeep doors as long as I have mirrors... there are some places that do care and I don’t go there.

You can always legit just call around and ask. “Hey, do I have to find doors to get my Jeep inspected?”

Good luck!

djp

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
djp
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Badlands 4dr || '21 Bronco Sport BigBend
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

similar issue for me in texas on a bike i built. said i needed a horn, so i zip tied a bicycle clown horn and inspector gave me push back. He consulted manual and it said norn but did not say electric, did not say dB, so i passed.

im sure if th le inspector is by the book in RI he'll read that it doesnt say "must have doors"
Sponsored